Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

Any updates from the court system? Whats the Mcminn County school board policy on this type of issue?

i got on this topic to read about 3-3a football not jackson. so yall should just leave this thing about jackson alone because from what i have read there are tons of different rumors of what happened cause that is the first thing you heard so that is what you think is true. So lets talk football instead of about jackson.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meigs is always competitive with anybody they play and in recent years MEIGS has owned the chargers. i dont recall meigs ever being at the bottom that spot has been occupied by the chargers for many years. since you all have had your winning season its time for you all to start losing again for another ten years.

Cocky

Embarrasing

Nobody

Terrible

Nobody

Ridiculous

Annoying

LOSERS

You spelled Central wrong...you should know how to spell it real well after last year

Heard Central hung tough with Alcoa last week, but the jury is still out considering that Sequoyah beat these Alcoa players 2 year ago in a JV game. We'll see how Central does against County in a few days and go from there.

If I had to watch Alcoa fumble the football one more time I might puke. Was a good Spring game though, lots of hitting...

Heard Central hung tough with Alcoa last week, but the jury is still out considering that Sequoyah beat these Alcoa players 2 year ago in a JV game. We'll see how Central does against County in a few days and go from there.

Yep, and two years ago Central's JV beat the Chiefs 48-6 at Sequayah. Same players who will be suiting up Week 3 in Madisionville. dum-dum, do you think the jury is still out? The Chiefs better do a rain dance starting in August because Chargers will bring Thunder and Lightening to Madisionville in September.

warhorse you forgot to mention two years ago Sequoyah had beaten central 31 to 6 the friday before that JV game on Monday. Sequoyah held out 8 sophomores that played in the Friday night win. Central played "everyone" that played in th varsity game in the jv game.

I would like to also mention the Central(coaches) got real upset when toward the end of the game our kicker who was a freshman(he also did not play in the JV game) kicked off and shanked it out of bounds. Some of the central coaches had to be restrained after the game becuase they thought it was intentional . The chief coaching staff did everything they could to convince them that it was not intentional. Last year leading by four touchdowns late in the game just mintues remaining, central tried an onside kick, clearly a called play from the sideline. Now mind you the chiefs had a new head coach and two other new coaches. So I guess Derrick felt it necessary to embarrass the "kids" at Sequoyah. I lost a of respect for Derrick that night. Evidently I am not alone because it is very rare that when a coach wins a region championship does he have to share the coach of the year honor with some one else. An award I might add that is voted on by the "coaches" in that region. What goes around comes around. It is one thing to out coach someone and gain there respect ,and yet is entirely another to out athlete your opponent and then do that with class.

Bring all the thunder and lightning you want. This group of "sequoyah kids" have not forgotten, they will not back down from any storm .

Howard returns alot!!! THey lose only two key players in Hudson and RIcks. Losing Hudson will open up the offense more and his replacement will add more speed to our backfield We will miss Ricks but not as much because he plays safety and the teams in our region dont throw the ball

Howard returns alot!!! THey lose only two key players in Hudson and RIcks. Losing Hudson will open up the offense more and his replacement will add more speed to our backfield We will miss Ricks but not as much because he plays safety and the teams in our region dont throw the ball

I can believe Howard is returning a lot...The only part that isn't easy to believe is that there will be somebody faster than Hudson, that kid could flat out fly...

warhorse you forgot to mention two years ago Sequoyah had beaten central 31 to 6 the friday before that JV game on Monday. Sequoyah held out 8 sophomores that played in the Friday night win. Central played "everyone" that played in th varsity game in the jv game.

I would like to also mention the Central(coaches) got real upset when toward the end of the game our kicker who was a freshman(he also did not play in the JV game) kicked off and shanked it out of bounds. Some of the central coaches had to be restrained after the game becuase they thought it was intentional . The chief coaching staff did everything they could to convince them that it was not intentional. Last year leading by four touchdowns late in the game just mintues remaining, central tried an onside kick, clearly a called play from the sideline. Now mind you the chiefs had a new head coach and two other new coaches. So I guess Derrick felt it necessary to embarrass the "kids" at Sequoyah. I lost a of respect for Derrick that night. Evidently I am not alone because it is very rare that when a coach wins a region championship does he have to share the coach of the year honor with some one else. An award I might add that is voted on by the "coaches" in that region. What goes around comes around. It is one thing to out coach someone and gain there respect ,and yet is entirely another to out athlete your opponent and then do that with class.

Bring all the thunder and lightning you want. This group of "sequoyah kids" have not forgotten, they will not back down from any storm .

I have not forgotten the 31-6 defeat the Chargers suffered two years ago at the hands of the Chiefs or the on-side kick. The Chiefs beat us real bad that night. As for the JV game on Monday, it was only freshman an sophomores. Yep, some them played on Friday because if you remember that is all we add. Those freshman and sophomores are now JRS and Seniors, experienced and battle-tested.

As for you reference to Coach Derrick. He has brought pride back to a program that has been snake-bit along time.

You can only hope that Sequoyah football fortunes are turned around as quickly as Coach Derrick has done it. The only real proof will come in week 3, when the Chargers and the Chiefs strap it up.

One more note-Is it true that there are only 25 players out for spring practice? When is the Rhea County scrimmage?

hey all you chief fans...I know your kicker was a freshman and he made TWO bad kicks that were not onsides kicks by the way, he just hit it wrong....yeah most freshman do that...yeah and most coaches celebrate when they recover an accidental onsides kick up by 28....well since yours was a mistake why can't centrals onsides be a mistake...yeah I heard they had a first year kicker last year and he missed the ball....but I??™m sure you chiefs fans can prove that yours was on accident and centrals was planned....

hey all you chief fans...I know your kicker was a freshman and he made TWO bad kicks that were not onsides kicks by the way, he just hit it wrong....yeah most freshman do that...yeah and most coaches celebrate when they recover an accidental onsides kick up by 28....well since yours was a mistake why can't centrals onsides be a mistake...yeah I heard they had a first year kicker last year and he missed the ball....but I??™m sure you chiefs fans can prove that yours was on accident and centrals was planned....

Oh no, there was nothing accidental to it. Believe me the "Chumps" will be beat by the Chargers for my years to come. They'll learn to like it eventually...