Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

I have not forgotten the 31-6 defeat the Chargers suffered two years ago at the hands of the Chiefs or the on-side kick. The Chiefs beat us real bad that night. As for the JV game on Monday, it was only freshman an sophomores. Yep, some them played on Friday because if you remember that is all we add. Those freshman and sophomores are now JRS and Seniors, experienced and battle-tested.

As for you reference to Coach Derrick. He has brought pride back to a program that has been snake-bit along time.

You can only hope that Sequoyah football fortunes are turned around as quickly as Coach Derrick has done it. The only real proof will come in week 3, when the Chargers and the Chiefs strap it up.

One more note-Is it true that there are only 25 players out for spring practice? When is the Rhea County scrimmage?

I know for a FACT it was not a an onside kick. I was on the head set! In no form or fashion was it planned, called, or even discussed! "Some" of them played that played on Friday night??? I remember it to be something like 9 players that played on Friday. All you had???? You had other players on the sidelines,just not good enough to win 48-6.

I am glad for your program and your kids. I wish all kids could experience winning. Athletes win ball games not coaches. Your kids brought that program back. He may be a great Coach, time will tell. From where I sit there was absolutely no excuse "none" for what he did against Sequoyah last year. We all have choices to make, he made his choice and I think it said volumes.

The last count I had was 33 and 4 held out, two still in track I believe that is 39.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a FACT it was not a an onside kick. I was on the head set! In no form or fashion was it planned, called, or even discussed! "Some" of them played that played on Friday night??? I remember it to be something like 9 players that played on Friday. All you had???? You had other players on the sidelines,just not good enough to win 48-6.

I am glad for your program and your kids. I wish all kids could experience winning. Athletes win ball games not coaches. Your kids brought that program back. He may be a great Coach, time will tell. From where I sit there was absolutely no excuse "none" for what he did against Sequoyah last year. We all have choices to make, he made his choice and I think it said volumes.

The last count I had was 33 and 4 held out, two still in track I believe that is 39.

Look what has happened in the past is done, BOTH teams ran up the score so everything is even. I will buy the fact that your coaches may not have called the onside kick but kids sometimes do things on their own. And for your info we called a pooch kick last year ourselves, Not onside, first year kicker missed it. It is easy to guess what the other side is thinking but no real way to know what is being called. Good luck to the Chiefs this year, We will be pulling for you most of the time this next year.

hey all you chief fans...I know your kicker was a freshman and he made TWO bad kicks that were not onsides kicks by the way, he just hit it wrong....yeah most freshman do that...yeah and most coaches celebrate when they recover an accidental onsides kick up by 28....well since yours was a mistake why can't centrals onsides be a mistake...yeah I heard they had a first year kicker last year and he missed the ball....but I??™m sure you chiefs fans can prove that yours was on accident and centrals was planned....

Sorry to bust your bubble, but it was a mishit for our kid. The difference you ask? All you have to do is look at the film. Ouk kid was a straight on kicker, he never angled to kick it sideways, he just missed it, plain as day on film, Derrick could have seen it if he wanted to look. Centrals kicker angled his kick just like your taught to kick an on side kick, its right there on film plain as day.

Look what has happened in the past is done, BOTH teams ran up the score so everything is even. I will buy the fact that your coaches may not have called the onside kick but kids sometimes do things on their own. And for your info we called a pooch kick last year ourselves, Not onside, first year kicker missed it. It is easy to guess what the other side is thinking but no real way to know what is being called. Good luck to the Chiefs this year, We will be pulling for you most of the time this next year.

Thanks

I can believe Howard is returning a lot...The only part that isn't easy to believe is that there will be somebody faster than Hudson, that kid could flat out fly...

Have I ever lied to you guys /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Ask anyone who has seen Brandon Banks run the 100. He is the fastest in the school and is a 10th grader! We are just going to reload. And please dont forget about Eric McCollough. Ask Meigs coach how good he was as a freshman. Not to mention our linebackers and D-Line are all back

Have I ever lied to you guys /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Ask anyone who has seen Brandon Banks run the 100. He is the fastest in the school and is a 10th grader! We are just going to reload. And please dont forget about Eric McCollough. Ask Meigs coach how good he was as a freshman. Not to mention our linebackers and D-Line are all back

So who is playing QB for Howard this year, from what I saw in the closing of the season QB play was a major factor in the 2 losses! So who is it this year, and before you say it, YES, YOU DO NEED A QB to win this region.!

I can believe Howard is returning a lot...The only part that isn't easy to believe is that there will be somebody faster than Hudson, that kid could flat out fly...

No doubt. Last year all I heard was "Hudson this and Hudson that." It got to the point that Superman was wearing Hudson pajamas. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now losing Hudson will open their offense up more? WHATEVER!!!!!!!! Im not saying Howard wont be loaded because they will, but they will miss Hudson. By the way, I dont know if it was Ricks or not, but the reciever(number 3) COULD FLAT OUT FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt. Last year all I heard was "Hudson this and Hudson that." It got to the point that Superman was wearing Hudson pajamas. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now losing Hudson will open their offense up more? WHATEVER!!!!!!!! Im not saying Howard wont be loaded because they will, but they will miss Hudson. By the way, I dont know if it was Ricks or not, but the reciever(number 3) COULD FLAT OUT FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No ricks was the safety who picked the pass off against Central and almost returned it. Then was flagged almost 30 yds for who knows what. #3 is still there, Banks is faster than Hudson and they still have McReynolds. They still have the same two QB they rotated last year and they had a freshman QB from last year who will play reciever. He is way faster than #3 and he has more heart. By the way #3 name is Quick!