Best of Preps or Average Preps?

yomomma

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSAS almost always travels out of state for the Christmas break. Last year they were in NC with Austin East, Brainerd, and Maryville. This year they are going to a tournament in Florida. One of the things they seem to try to do is take their team to nice tournaments out of state. I am sure that the Best of Preps will be a good tournament, it just will not have all of the BEST teams in Chattanooga there.

CSAS is playing in a tournament after Christmas in Jacksonville, FL so they declined the invitation. CSAS is definately one of the best teams in Chattanooga.

hmmm...culleoka is playing in a tourney after christmas in tallahassee.....maybe we can schedule a pickup game in florida before both teams head home? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Humboldt beat Temple last year. Don't forget about Union City. Liberty is pretty good. Also, Dyer County. From the west, of course. I've also heard people talk about Manassas.

Off topic mate. This is a tournament held at McCallie (why not Temple this year?) for some of the best teams in the Chattanooga area.You never really know what the story is for teams playing in these tournaments. Howard is far and away the favorite.

Check the Times Free Press website. They were posted in the paper but I've slept since then. All games are at McCallie (which means don't work too hard saving a ball at one of the baselines... that is, unless you want to join the diving team and make a trip to the lower level swimming pool)

Howard won last year so why not have the tournament at Henry Bowles Gymnasium.

Howard won last year so why not have the tournament at Henry Bowles Gymnasium.

Because that's not how it works. The tournament has a contract with whatever school is hosting. I believe Temple has hosted it for years. Now it is McCallie's turn.

McCallie will be a great place to hold this tournament.... It should be a good one... Howard has to be the favorite this year if they are in it...I cannot remember... Cleveland has been doing alright and Baylor has surprised some people this year... I am hoping for a really good tournament....

Howard is there. They are the favorite. They got a newspaper article today about being the favorites in the tournament.

Because that's not how it works. The tournament has a contract with whatever school is hosting. I believe Temple has hosted it for years. Now it is McCallie's turn.

Howard is there. They are the favorite. They got a newspaper article today about being the favorites in the tournament.

I have a feeling that the tournament is hosted by the school that Dan Wadley is employed by, but I'm not sure.

I agree that Howard should dominate. I don't know about McMinn Central, but McCallie and Grace aren't in Howard's league. I can't remember a team in the tourney that can play with the Tigers.

Temple's playing in the Dalton Carpet Classic this weekend against Dalton and Murray County. Hopefully they'll end 07 on a good note down there.