TSSAA private school rule changes

shpshter93

How will this work?

1. The 6 poor kids were recruited for their playing (and academic of course) ability anyway. So, we are fine with this rule.

2. This one will be a little tougher, you can only have so many managers, trainers, and videographers.

3. We're compliant here because the ones that don't show up are already working with private trainers, sports psychologists, nutritionists, etc. We don't want anyone that's not that committed!

4. DEAL BREAKER - We don't have sufficient rest room facilities and cell phone hot spots to handle the influx of females. Our school is so small that there would be in-fighting amongst the females and they would kill each other off. Hard to juggle 2 or more when you can't hide from both girls. Kind of a survival of the fittest for dating purposes.

Can we get an exemption? Dad will pay /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

1. True (you said it not me)

2. They are playing for small publics (you guys can actually get kids to be managers , trainers , etc.)

3. Kinda what I thought

4. Thats a good strategy your using there by not building sufficient restsoom space for female students. (gives you a good reason not to accept as many so to keep those #'s down)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about instead of a multiplier all private schools should have to meet these minimum student "type" requirments.

For every 1 wealthy kid with a good home you have to have 6 poor ones living in a single parent home. (like public schools)

For every 1, 6'-3' 255lb. kid with a good 40 time , you get 4, 5'-8" 149lb. slow kids(like publics)

For every 1 kid that you have in the weight room everyday you get 5 that will be there once a week and 17 that won't show at all. (like publics)

and finally for every male student you have you will be required to have at least 2 girls that can help ruin their highschool careers.

This looks about right, but's let's define it a little more.

For every player whose Dad makes over $50K yr, you have 2 whose Dad makes less than $30K yr.

For every player who comes from a 2 parent family, you have 1 from a single parent family and 1 player who is being raised by their grandparents.

For every player that lives in home larger than 2000 sq. ft.,

you have one player that lives in a trailer and 1 that lives in an apartment.

For every 5 players that can afford to pay for their own lunch, you have 1 player that is on the "free lunch" program.

Now that looks about right. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

For every player whose Dad makes over $50K yr, you have 2 whose Dad makes less than $30K yr.

For every player who comes from a 2 parent family, you have 1 from a single parent family and 1 player who is being raised by their grandparents.

For every 5 players that can afford to pay for their own lunch, you have 1 player that is on the "free lunch" program.

Now that looks about right. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I like those too.

You must live out in rich farmland though. 30 k I would bet most parents out in rural east Tn. counties don't make that combined. yet publics are supposed to be able to raise money just as easy as privates.

Works for me if you are willing to let them use the money that the government would have spent to educate them to pay for their tuition. You can't have it both ways.

This is what i keep saying about zones. Our zone is closed financially. Our potential population is limited by who can afford tuition. If you want us to have some students from low income families we'd be happy to have them...but someone has to pay for them.

I like those too.

You must live out in rich farmland though. 30 k I would bet most parents out in rural east Tn. counties don't make that combined. yet publics are supposed to be able to raise money just as easy as privates.

It's only "rich" farmland if someone wants to pay alot of money for it. Otherwise it's at the mercy of Mother Nature. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

Works for me if you are willing to let them use the money that the government would have spent to educate them to pay for their tuition. You can't have it both ways.

This is what i keep saying about zones. Our zone is closed financially. Our potential population is limited by who can afford tuition. If you want us to have some students from low income families we'd be happy to have them...but someone has to pay for them.

Old Pirate says "If" some stud playing in a local middle school program wanted to or was asked/recruited to become a student/athlete of a private, OP is sure something could be worked out even if it meant selling donuts!!!!

Old Pirate says "If" some stud playing in a local middle school program wanted to or was asked/recruited to become a student/athlete of a private, OP is sure something could be worked out even if it meant selling donuts!!!!

OP is ASSUMING again, and it is working just like we all know it does. YOu are assuming that we are dishonest. You are assuming that we behave like you do. It may be true for some, but it simply isn't how we operate.

Athletics is WAY down the list of things importance wise. Coaches have 0 say in who does or doesn't get into the school.

I think you are still confusing the small privates with the big preps. Quit talking as if you are an expert...you are not.

OP is ASSUMING again, and it is working just like we all know it does. YOu are assuming that we are dishonest. You are assuming that we behave like you do. It may be true for some, but it simply isn't how we operate.

Athletics is WAY down the list of things importance wise. Coaches have 0 say in who does or doesn't get into the school.

I think you are still confusing the small privates with the big preps. Quit talking as if you are an expert...you are not.

Old Pirate says try a little kindness there baldcoach. OP is only 1 of MANYY.......... that is wise to the tricks. OP says you however, think you're the expert. You are asuming OP knows nothing........ when in reality, you have no idea what OP knows....................... OP never has claimed to be an expert, just simply expressing acquired info.

• 2 weeks later...

How about instead of a multiplier all private schools should have to meet these minimum student "type" requirments.

For every 1 wealthy kid with a good home you have to have 6 poor ones living in a single parent home. (like public schools)

For every 1, 6'-3' 255lb. kid with a good 40 time , you get 4, 5'-8" 149lb. slow kids(like publics)

For every 1 kid that you have in the weight room everyday you get 5 that will be there once a week and 17 that won't show at all. (like publics)

and finally for every male student you have you will be required to have at least 2 girls that can help ruin their highschool careers.

I would say that this just about sums it up although I don't know about the girl ruining their carreers part. I would add that for every wealthy kid that is able to go to D-1 or other workout facilities with 1 on 1 training on a regular basis there are at least 3 kids at a public school that have to walk home from practice because mom and dad are working and the kid can't afford a car.