Camden Basketball

theplaintruth

Does anybody know where Camden got that new kid from? I heard that he began the year a few miles down the road and played there until after the jamboree. Guess someone must have some connections with TSSAA to get something like that through and that quick too. Sure hope he is worth it, if that was not approved, Lions, what a can of worms could be opened.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know where Camden got that new kid from? I heard that he began the year a few miles down the road and played there until after the jamboree. Guess someone must have some connections with TSSAA to get something like that through and that quick too. Sure hope he is worth it, if that was not approved, Lions, what a can of worms could be opened.

HE STARTED THE YEAR AS BIG SANDYS POINT GUARD BUT THEN TRANSFERED TO CAMDEN BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON STARTED. HURT BIG SANDY WHEN THEY LOST HIS BALL HANDLING. HE HAS ALOT OF TALENT AND CAN KNOCK DOWN THE THREE,s. SHOULD HELP CAMDEN ALOT. DON,T KNOW IF HE HAS MOVED UP TO THEIR VARSITY TEAM YET.HEARD THAT HE STARTED ON THEIR B TEAM ALSO HEARD HE WAS PLAYING ON THEIR VARSITY TEAM BEFORE CHRISTMAS BREAK. UNSURE IF THIS WAS LEGAL WITH TSSAA RULES. THOUGHT HE HAD TO WAIT TILL AFTER FIRST OF YEAR? HE IS A SCORER THOUGH.

HE STARTED THE YEAR AS BIG SANDYS POINT GUARD BUT THEN TRANSFERED TO CAMDEN BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON STARTED. HURT BIG SANDY WHEN THEY LOST HIS BALL HANDLING. HE HAS ALOT OF TALENT AND CAN KNOCK DOWN THE THREE,s. SHOULD HELP CAMDEN ALOT. DON,T KNOW IF HE HAS MOVED UP TO THEIR VARSITY TEAM YET.HEARD THAT HE STARTED ON THEIR B TEAM ALSO HEARD HE WAS PLAYING ON THEIR VARSITY TEAM BEFORE CHRISTMAS BREAK. UNSURE IF THIS WAS LEGAL WITH TSSAA RULES. THOUGHT HE HAD TO WAIT TILL AFTER FIRST OF YEAR? HE IS A SCORER THOUGH.

Does anyone know how you can start at one school and then be playing for another without any waiting period? I heard that he has not moved yet I have been seeing his name in the box scores. Also, what rule is there that will let one play JV and not varsity, I thought everyone had to be on some type of eligibility list?

I go by his house on 69A everyday and know that there has definately not been a move and since TSSAA does not recognize dual residences I guess there must be some other way to get eligible quickly I just want to know what that is with all the hoops most schools have to jump through seems a little too quick.

Justin Weed started the year as point guard for big sandy and transfered to camden. His mom is a teacher and started teaching at camden this year. Heard that his dad (ex marine) talked to the president of tssaa (ex marine) and got this done. Guess its who you know. They have not moved and are not going to. Know this one kid who plays football transfered from big sandy to camden and cannot play till next season. Would think the rules would be the same.

Camden and Lexington are fighting it out to not be the bottom team in 12AA. Doesn't matter if the move was approved or not. At the most Camden would have to give up 4 wins,......... Whoopdie Doo.

Well it is clear to see, with that attitude, that ethics, fair play, sportsmanship and the likes of "Doing What's Right" is not a priority of CHS. I do wish you all the luck in the world and hope your team the best, but will winning really matter knowing that your team did not do it fairly, and by the way perhaps the only games you will win will be against single A competition anyway, so in fact Whoopdie Doo who cares.

Well it is clear to see, with that attitude, that ethics, fair play, sportsmanship and the likes of "Doing What's Right" is not a priority of CHS. I do wish you all the luck in the world and hope your team the best, but will winning really matter knowing that your team did not do it fairly, and by the way perhaps the only games you will win will be against single A competition anyway, so in fact Whoopdie Doo who cares.

So what CHS is saying is since they are not that good and will not effect the district that much then its ok to cheat.Wrong kinda attitude. You might not think it matters but since your are fighting it out with lexington its not really fair to them.

Justin Weed started the year as point guard for big sandy and transfered to camden. His mom is a teacher and started teaching at camden this year. Heard that his dad (ex marine) talked to the president of tssaa (ex marine) and got this done. Guess its who you know. They have not moved and are not going to. Know this one kid who plays football transfered from big sandy to camden and cannot play till next season. Would think the rules would be the same.

As a Mother to a FORMER Marine,not EX,let me correct you on that one. Once a Marine,always a Marine. Anyway,,that being said,I truly don't think that Coach Morris would do anything to jeopardize this season. I may be wrong,but I don't think that there's any wrong doing here. And if there were,don't you think that some one would have stepped up and spoke out about it?? Camden has went from winning 2 games 2 years ago,to 4 games last year,to doing a little better this year. I truly don't think that Bolivar has anything to worry about,or several other teams for that matter. Coach Morris appears to be pretty stand up guy,who would not instill in these young men this accusation that is being thrown around. Just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions...LOL /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />