good move for white county

ruppsrunt

this will help eric's ballclub regardless of how they finish. hutto took lebanon up there a few years ago and it was a smart move on his part as well. prepared for his state run. shelbyville played in the hoops fest this year. one of the best in the nation. any time a tennessee team can play in a kentucky tourney it is a great experience to show them how much the game is loved and how hard those teams play. plus it is a big moral boost if any teams here can beat a bluegrass team. lc is a class place to play. good move wc.

this will help eric's ballclub regardless of how they finish. hutto took lebanon up there a few years ago and it was a smart move on his part as well. prepared for his state run. shelbyville played in the hoops fest this year. one of the best in the nation. any time a tennessee team can play in a kentucky tourney it is a great experience to show them how much the game is loved and how hard those teams play. plus it is a big moral boost if any teams here can beat a bluegrass team. lc is a class place to play. good move wc.

I agree it will help them down the road....It will definitely teach them to keep wins in perspective and that anyone can beat you badly,no matter your record....

I wouldn't say anytime a Tennessee team can play in a tournament in Kentucky,though....All of them aren't big-time events...Only a handful are....Up here in Union City we are situated up here close to the First Region and alot of schools play in tournaments in Paducah,Murray,Graves County and places like that where local teams around here do fine in.....

The Lex Cath tourney is good event,Fairdale has one that is...The Marshall County Hoop Fest isn't really a showcase for Kentucky teams..They are more interested in Oak Hill Acd and other nationally ranked teams and teams that have Kentucky Wildcat recruits....It is a prestigious event though...

I agree it will help them down the road....It will definitely teach them to keep wins in perspective and that anyone can beat you badly,no matter your record....

I wouldn't say anytime a Tennessee team can play in a tournament in Kentucky,though....All of them aren't big-time events...Only a handful are....Up here in Union City we are situated up here close to the First Region and alot of schools play in tournaments in Paducah,Murray,Graves County and places like that where local teams around here do fine in.....

The Lex Cath tourney is good event,Fairdale has one that is...The Marshall County Hoop Fest isn't really a showcase for Kentucky teams..They are more interested in Oak Hill Acd and other nationally ranked teams and teams that have Kentucky Wildcat recruits....It is a prestigious event though...

i disagree...while only a "handful" are prestigious they are all well run and supported...any one of them my teams played in from owensboro to jackson, ky was well supported, had gifts for the coaches and kids and had hospitality rooms that featured all kinds of food. i really never played in a tennessee tourney that was near as supported as any i have seen in kentucky. another great tourney was in poplar bluff, missouri. i am not sure it is still in existance.

i disagree...while only a "handful" are prestigious they are all well run and supported...any one of them my teams played in from owensboro to jackson, ky was well supported, had gifts for the coaches and kids and had hospitality rooms that featured all kinds of food. i really never played in a tennessee tourney that was near as supported as any i have seen in kentucky. another great tourney was in poplar bluff, missouri. i am not sure it is still in existance.

I don't doubt most of them are well run and supported..There are tournaments all over the place like that...Union City is actually playing for the championship tonite of the Poplar Bluff Showdown against 5A Harrison,Ga....They have already beaten 5A Mills University Studies of Little Rock,Ark and 5A Raytown South out of the Kansas City area....I guess if you want to go and play where they have a great hospitality room go to a Kentucky event......I will give you this,the Saturday I went to the Hoop Fest @ Marshall County the attendence was reported to have been around 7,500 people....But the Hoop Fest is the premier high school event in Kentucky and one the best in the country....

Eric Mitchell is one of the premiere coaches in middle Tn. He doesn't always have the greatest talent but his teams are ready to play ball. If things aren't going right he will call timeout and make corrections and you can see a difference in the game after a time out. However it doesn't appear he got all he should have in the Lex Cath game. Not being there though I can't totally pass judgement just going mainly by the score. This is by far not the best I have seen in White County in the last few years but they play well as a team and Eric gets the most out of what he has.

I don't doubt most of them are well run and supported..There are tournaments all over the place like that...Union City is actually playing for the championship tonite of the Poplar Bluff Showdown against 5A Harrison,Ga....They have already beaten 5A Mills University Studies of Little Rock,Ark and 5A Raytown South out of the Kansas City area....I guess if you want to go and play where they have a great hospitality room go to a Kentucky event......I will give you this,the Saturday I went to the Hoop Fest @ Marshall County the attendence was reported to have been around 7,500 people....But the Hoop Fest is the premier high school event in Kentucky and one the best in the country....

i see your all about UC. While they are good i hope you came take the heat if they lose. I'm sure they will but i hope they don't deflate and try and win it all. Good luck the rest of the year

The Farm Bureau Classic is a great showcase of KY teams ! This year's event had Mason County,Scott County,Louisville Male,Shelby Valley,Paintsville all ranked top 20 in KY ... Also CPA,DB,Withrow OH and South Charleston ....

i see your all about UC. While they are good i hope you came take the heat if they lose. I'm sure they will but i hope they don't deflate and try and win it all. Good luck the rest of the year

Purple was just replying to the other guy question.He said that the Poplar Bluff tournament was a well run tournament and that he didnt know if it still existed.Purple replied by saying that UC was playing in it and was playing for the championship.He didnt say anything about how good UC was and was not bragging.Everyone seems to jump on UC,but i believe that if everyone on coach t,if their team was undefeated and just won two xmas tournaments,they would be on here talking about how good their team is.But to the topic,it is always good for any team to play against quality competition,cause it can only make you better and prepare you down the road.

Purple was just replying to the other guy question.He said that the Poplar Bluff tournament was a well run tournament and that he didnt know if it still existed.Purple replied by saying that UC was playing in it and was playing for the championship.He didnt say anything about how good UC was and was not bragging.Everyone seems to jump on UC,but i believe that if everyone on coach t,if their team was undefeated and just won two xmas tournaments,they would be on here talking about how good their team is.But to the topic,it is always good for any team to play against quality competition,cause it can only make you better and prepare you down the road.