Humboldt vs Union City Jan8

hbt

Ok, we'll start off with the more basic teams. You have Humboldt and Lake Co. whom are both better than Culleoka. Then we'll step it up and notch and let you know that Union City has defeated AA Memphis Mitchell. Then we'll even go up higher than that and say Union City won the Poplar Bluff Tournament by defeating 5A Mills Universities Studies out of Arkansas, 6A Raytown South out of Missouri, and 5A Harrison out of Georgia.

Now let's take a look at Culleoka. I can see an opponent on that schedule by which I can compare. Culleoka beat Dyersburg by 5. Union City would beat Dyersburg by 45. Culleoka lost to a 8-5 Hume-Fogg? I see you defeated a 4-10 Columbia Acadamy by 42. Congrats there!

What a joke dude. You better hope this years Culleoka team is twice as good as last years team. Last years team would've been just like CSAS. Lucky to be in the top 4 in District 14A!

Nice post!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Red_16....hbt...are you South Fulton Fans thats a Humboldt want a be ? Just wondering. You have NO....N O Clue what in the your talking about. When was the last time you saw our Tornadoes play ? Must have been years ago. Look Red_16, Humboldt just might beat Union City...probably won't ...but they might. But there is NOT a COACHING staff in the State of Tennessee any better getting kids ready than what is in Union City.

Let me say this, I predict Union City has their hands full for ....maybe a half at Lake County. Then comes the Vikes to town. Win or loose this game it really doesn't matter. I personally do not like going undefeated during the season and going into any tournament BUT, Union City CAN handle any pressure, team, coaches, players ( even from the little ole Humboldt boys ) , fans, gyms ( away ) long trips.......you name it buddy and we can handle it.

I still have a little crow left from back during football season on standby for fans like you. If Humboldt looses to Union City in the next game, I have the pull at U C H S to have you eat this during between the boys and girls games. If you don't believe me....try me.

I love to trash talk....can back it up and like to have fun on this board...thats what it is all about but saying Union City ....in other words have not prooven to folks like yourself.....RESPECT. Just keep it up.

Come foward....I will get the crow out of the freezer, have it ready. Like I said, I have the ranks and pull to do anything at the gym during any activity.

Yeah, we have improovement as well.....Tony Wilkins didn't even play during Poplar Bluff Tournament and we are saving him for Yall...humboldt!

I almost forgot....we are supposed to have a CROW supper at Half Court for Red_16.

Where are you ??????

I guess I will have to save the crow for someone else.

18 - 0 baby!!!!!

First you spell due ..."do". I'm not the best speller myself.

Yes, Obion has lost to so small schools and have won a few as well. Obion is suppose to beat Union City by size of School but this will not be ANY type of contest.

Bottom line is Union City is 18 - 0 and ranked # 1 in Class A and the way they play could be ranked # 1 in AA as well.

We ARe good....maybe not as good as last year but our defense will carry us far.

Every year when Marty was coach we won off of defense not scoring 100 points every night. You will see!!

that was my bad on the spelling part I went crazy when I saw you say 2-A power Obion!!!

Forget the enrollment thats what makes me mad when i here some1 say all your school is single-A like that makes a differance we think we can beat a jr collage if we could play them I think UC feel that way also forget the class tell them to just play us and see.

I dont know about the post saying Obion wouldnt be ready for the fast pace and pressure UC would throw at them because they did play Dyer Co. Who is just as fast presses more than UC. That being said UC would still beat obion by 20.

I would LOVE to see UC and DC play... talk about entertaining and FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen all the teams in single A play but I can say. UC is one of the top, Manassas is going to be tough. I think one of these teams wins it all. Nobody from the middle or east will win. The only way someone else wins is they get cheated like Peabody did in the late nineties. Union City is the real deal. MJ brown is a very good player every time I have seen him play he makes the right decisions. Every time!

Humboldt is bigger and maybe more athletic. Don't get me wrong they are very good also. I think UC is better coached and more disciplined.

Lake County is tough but I don't think those kids have the ability to play consistently.

I would LOVE to see UC and DC play... talk about entertaining and FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!!

NOW that would be a good matchup...might need a neckbrace after it though from moving head back and forth /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I almost forgot....we are supposed to have a CROW supper at Half Court for Red_16.

Where are you ??????

I guess I will have to save the crow for someone else.

18 - 0 baby!!!!!

Crow normally doesn't sit well with me, so I'll pass..

I've been here the whole time...Definitely not hiding...

Still not sure why I'd be eating crow anyways...At no point did I guarantee a victory...Sounds like you are pretty eager to get it out of your freezer...

If I were you, I'd hope UC doesn't lose a game all year...With all the bold predictions you make on here, you may get more crow than you can handle...Doesn't seem like you have the freezer space anyways..

I still say when UC and Humboldt meet up in the postseason, on a neutral court, I'm picking Humboldt...Humboldt played UC tough for 3 quarters and then self-destructed in the fourth...They'll learn from that....Bottom line is that Humboldt came into the Thunderdome and gave UC all they wanted...Humboldt will take the positives from this game and build and take the negatives from this game and improve...Either way, in a one and done situation, UC would probably rather play anyone else in 1A before Humboldt, because in the postseason, Humboldt has UC's number until proven otherwise..

that was my bad on the spelling part I went crazy when I saw you say 2-A power Obion!!!

Forget the enrollment thats what makes me mad when i here some1 say all your school is single-A like that makes a differance we think we can beat a jr collage if we could play them I think UC feel that way also forget the class tell them to just play us and see.

You are like me when it comes to enrollment.Enrollment dont mean anything to me.I dont care if you got 20,000 kids in the school,only 5 of them can be on the court and a team will consist of 12.I look at it as if you can play you can play,if you cant you cant.To be a winner,you have to have kids that are dedeicated and that puts in the work in the gym and weight room.So enrollment dont mean anything to me,im like you Legend,line up and play.I dont say that UC beat 5A and 6A schools,i dont think that it matters to the UC kids what they are,they will line up and play anybody.

You are like me when it comes to enrollment.Enrollment dont mean anything to me.I dont care if you got 20,000 kids in the school,only 5 of them can be on the court and a team will consist of 12.I look at it as if you can play you can play,if you cant you cant.To be a winner,you have to have kids that are dedeicated and that puts in the work in the gym and weight room.So enrollment dont mean anything to me,im like you Legend,line up and play.I dont say that UC beat 5A and 6A schools,i dont think that it matters to the UC kids what they are,they will line up and play anybody.

I believe that larger school size does provide the opportunity for better athletes - simply more to choose from and select from the student body. However better athletes do not mean better teams. Humboldt and Manassas probably have better athletes than UC, but at least Humboldt and Lake County, etc... do not play better as a team than UC. UC simply does not quit, every player plays every play hard. A previous quote stated that Humboldt gave UC all they wanted for 3 quarters and fell apart in the 4th. That is why the game is 4 quarters, you play to the end. Humboldt has UC's number in the postseason, that's bullcrap. One game, last season, hasn't happened before, hasn't happened since. If your not first, your last.

I believe that larger school size does provide the opportunity for better athletes - simply more to choose from and select from the student body. However better athletes do not mean better teams. Humboldt and Manassas probably have better athletes than UC, but at least Humboldt and Lake County, etc... do not play better as a team than UC. UC simply does not quit, every player plays every play hard. A previous quote stated that Humboldt gave UC all they wanted for 3 quarters and fell apart in the 4th. That is why the game is 4 quarters, you play to the end. Humboldt has UC's number in the postseason, that's bullcrap. One game, last season, hasn't happened before, hasn't happened since. If your not first, your last.

Has UC ever beat Humboldt post season?????????????????????