UnionCity vs. Lake County

uclabruin7

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tornadoes will blow into the Birds Nest in Lake Co. tomorrow night and play a very important game that i think will be more critical for Lake Co...The Falcons will know where they stand after tomorrow night for sure in what they will need to do before the region tourny...I know the Falcons wanna beat Union City badly..Just like the rest of the district..But LC really dosent need to win this game in opinion..They just need to compete for 4 quarters..That means stay in the ballgame!!..Union City has a bullseye on them right now cause they are undefeated and probly the best team in 1a. Everyone will be gunning for them and will get up to play UC very hard..Lake Co. is very hard to beat at home,,but i think there will be an F5 Tornado blow through the birds nest and destroy every straw in it..Sorry Falcons but i think Union City wins this one 88 72.

The big bad wolf huffed and puffed and he couldn't blow our house down..so I doubt a little wind is going to do much damage!

Tha "U" will come to Lake County with a 16-0 record and beat the falcons by no less than 20 pts. M. J. is playing some very good basketball and will look to put up big numbers against the defenseless falcons. We are gonna run them out of thier own gym. FALCONS U HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We getting ready for Humboldt on JAN. 8

LAKE CO. BY 8 over UC/ they will also lose to HUMBOLDT

Well folks, this game turned out to be what everyone thought it would.....close.

Union City hits a shot by M J Brown - Mr. Basketball...... to win over the Lake County Falcons 58 - 57.

Union City had 22 turnovers. Not Like Union city but Lake County had around the same.

This was good for Union City but like I have said before....I would like at least ( 1 ) loss.

From what they are saying, Union city is Ranked # 2 behind Manases out of Memphis and thats ok to. I wish we weren't even ranked myself. Every year just about that Union city has won a Gold Ball , we have come under the radar.

Union City.....is tough and we will see against Humboldt.

So...you Lake County fans that said you would win by 8 or 10 points........got'cha.

Again....Union City 58 Lake Co. 57

Well folks, this game turned out to be what everyone thought it would.....close.

Union City hits a shot by M J Brown - Mr. Basketball...... to win over the Lake County Falcons 58 - 57.

Union City had 22 turnovers. Not Like Union city but Lake County had around the same.

This was good for Union City but like I have said before....I would like at least ( 1 ) loss.

From what they are saying, Union city is Ranked # 2 behind Manases out of Memphis and thats ok to. I wish we weren't even ranked myself. Every year just about that Union city has won a Gold Ball , we have come under the radar.

Union City.....is tough and we will see against Humboldt.

So...you Lake County fans that said you would win by 8 or 10 points........got'cha.

Again....Union City 58 Lake Co. 57

I guess that Lake Co did not have anything to do with UC 22 turnovers. It was a great ballgame. UC has an outstanding team. LC has nothing to hang their heads about.They proved that they could play with UC. Most people picked UC to win big. If I were UC and Humbolt, I would hate to play LC in a one and done game. LC proved tonight that they are still one of the top 3 teams in District 14-A and could possibly make a run come tourney time.

I for one will admit that I thought that Lake County would give Union city about 2 to maybe 3 quarters of close back and forth basketball but Coach Whitby had them ready to play. I games like these there are really NO loosers in my book. Each team works hard not matter who they are but to loose by one point is kinda tough.

We are very lucky to live in a area that Basketball is like it is as well as all of our kids sports. The communities love it and good for everyone to leave work and enjoy good entertainment by young people.

Yes, as we use to say, come tournament time, fans will be hanging from the rafters!

Good game Lake County. These games can go either way.

I for one will admit that I thought that Lake County would give Union city about 2 to maybe 3 quarters of close back and forth basketball but Coach Whitby had them ready to play. I games like these there are really NO loosers in my book. Each team works hard not matter who they are but to loose by one point is kinda tough.

We are very lucky to live in a area that Basketball is like it is as well as all of our kids sports. The communities love it and good for everyone to leave work and enjoy good entertainment by young people.

Yes, as we use to say, come tournament time, fans will be hanging from the rafters!

Good game Lake County. These games can go either way.

Great post! Thanks for a good game summary and for giving both teams credit. It must have been a barnburner.

Hard fought game by both teams. Both teams looked tired, especially UC, causing numerous turnovers, especially uncontested turnovers by UC. A. Coby had a great game as well as MJ. Congrats to both teams for their efforts, especially proud of our UC Golden Tornadoes for the win.

Well excuse me for raining on the all warm and fuzzy...But...Neither team played very well...Union City had 22 turnovers..Some had to with Lake County most had something to do with UC playing sloppy ball....

You don't hear me post about officiating at all...I'm gonna tell you all something...I have been going to ballgames for many,many,many years and I have never seen such an incompetent officiating crew in my entire life...Those guys had no business officiating this game....When you have to place the police, and there were quite a few men in uniform at the game tonite,on the sideline in front of the Union City fans for fear of three guys having a very difficult time making it to their dressing room without a beatdown,you know you got a problem....

To the Lake County fans...Some food for thought...You guys had this one...Again,like last season in Tiptonville your team didn't make the plays...You had the lead and one of your best players at the line to put you up 4 with less than 20 seconds left...He missed the front end and UC goes down and after a timeout the Falcons allow the guy everybody and their mother knows is going to get the ball and allows Mr.Basketball MJ Brown an uncontested three point shot and you lose again to the Tornadoes....If you can't win with EVERYTHING going for you,including a garbage officiating crew,at home then you are not going to beat Union City this year....It won't be like this at Union City.....

I won't say another word about the officiating because I usually,well never do,but this was the worst I've seen,maybe ever.....Fire away,I don't care...I don't have a track record of official bashing..So,you can pretty much rest assure if I say something about them,they are bad....

Union City probably needed a game like this to re-focus them...Maybe they got a little full of themselves after the two holiday tournament championships..It's not good news for Humboldt....UC is back at home for the first time in what seems like months...UC again played without a whole lot of help from Tony Wilkins...It was good to see him on the court tonite,not wearing a brace...He actually looked good to me running and jumping..Looked to me like he is pretty close to 100%...Maybe he will play more Tuesday nite....

Yes,58-57...One point...At the end of the day it really doesn't matter if you win by 20 or one,it will still go in the left hand column and UC is still 17-0...If you are into moral victories you LC fans will be happy,but I really don't think many of you are.....This had to be a bitter pill if you were wearing Green and Gold tonite....