Best Tennessee girl's program last 30 years

eb2706

should a child not be allowed to play sports if their family moves; just make a rule if a child ever moves they can't play this would solve the problem ; and we go to extremes for our child to excel in other areas but having a chance to excel in sorts in a paticuar program in sports by havinig the right teacher is wrong . There are lots of programs that have never had a player to get a schlorship and some kids want to make a career coaching and playing at next level. I'm sure glad we don't use this reasoning at colege level

Senator a good player in a weak program is the most abused person in the world. Usually you have parents that only want their child to play, and don't care about the team. Also a weak coach that can't deal with the situation. Now are you suggesting that child stay there, and give up a natural GOD-given talent in order to have some peace of mind. This can destroy a young person, and change them for the rest of their life. I hope no one here feels that it is right to force someone to stay in this type of conditions. If they are in a good situation, they won't move anyway. Contrary to most posts on here, most change schools because of bad treatment and jealously at their former schools. It is far more dirty than most people could ever imagine. They tell the players to not practice with them, misplace or destroy their personal things. They refuse to play team ball with them. They try not to be social with the gifted athletes. They don't leave because they want to most of the time. Hope this provides some insite in to your socalled recruiting.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senator a good player in a weak program is the most abused person in the world. Usually you have parents that only want their child to play, and don't care about the team. Also a weak coach that can't deal with the situation. Now are you suggesting that child stay there, and give up a natural GOD-given talent in order to have some peace of mind. This can destroy a young person, and change them for the rest of their life. I hope no one here feels that it is right to force someone to stay in this type of conditions. If they are in a good situation, they won't move anyway. Contrary to most posts on here, most change schools because of bad treatment and jealously at their former schools. It is far more dirty than most people could ever imagine. They tell the players to not practice with them, misplace or destroy their personal things. They refuse to play team ball with them. They try not to be social with the gifted athletes. They don't leave because they want to most of the time. Hope this provides some insite in to your socalled recruiting.

Fantasy World !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what you are saying is - only gifted athletes are social with one another? The win at all cost attitude is a terrible thing. Gifted athletes change schools because the grass is greener at other places if their team is not on top. Very rarely do they move because of bad treatment.....GET REAL!

Yep. What about the girls that are treated badly and not such a good catch? Why is a specific school 'attracting' mistreated and gifted players? I know one girl that played at 3 high schools in 4 years. What's up with that?

AAU is the biggest culprit. The grass is greener because these girls have seen the grass on the other side. They've been invited to play with other girls from different schools and the rivalries sort of melt away. Hey. I could play with those girls and win a gold ball or have a better shot at a college scholarship or (insert reason here). I won't say it's right or wrong. It's just sad. I'm disappointed more than anything else I guess about the death of small community basketball in alot of places. It's more of a business now. What can you do for me?

Yep. What about the girls that are treated badly and not such a good catch? Why is a specific school 'attracting' mistreated and gifted players? I know one girl that played at 3 high schools in 4 years. What's up with that?

AAU is the biggest culprit. The grass is greener because these girls have seen the grass on the other side. They've been invited to play with other girls from different schools and the rivalries sort of melt away. Hey. I could play with those girls and win a gold ball or have a better shot at a college scholarship or (insert reason here). I won't say it's right or wrong. It's just sad. I'm disappointed more than anything else I guess about the death of small community basketball in alot of places. It's more of a business now. What can you do for me?

tenn. girls basketball , was at it's best from about 92 to 98 always 3 or 4 teams ranked in the nation (oakridge, livingston acd. shelbyville, south greene , and white co. to name a few) even some netenn school could compete with them . sullivan east ,greeneville and kingsport. but it has changed the talent level is down all over the state

There are those outthere that don't want to hear the truth, or see the failures of their poor little schools that couldn't win a gold ball if they picked their players, because the parents and coaches would mess it up. If you want the truth go talk to some that have changed-state wide and ask why they did. It is because they have known other girls that are in these programs that enjoy the fellowship of the system. The direct result of a coach or coaches, that don't permit undue influence of parents or star players. It spells success in the game and later in life from being envolved in these systems. example shelbyville,livingston,jackson county, wilson central and many others.

Fantasy World !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what you are saying is - only gifted athletes are social with one another? The win at all cost attitude is a terrible thing. Gifted athletes change schools because the grass is greener at other places if their team is not on top. Very rarely do they move because of bad treatment.....GET REAL!

AA it seems that there are those out there that don't want to know. The answer is to work to have a program that promotes goodness. Where people hire and support a coach that is fair to all. I repeat young people will not leave their school and friends because of just athletics. It is nearly always bad conditions.

believe what you wish you are in the fantasy world.

If the hypothesis that aau basketball is the culprit for all the transferring, should aau basketball continue??

AAU is a business. Baketball is not fun anymore, it isn't just a season. Basketball has taken on the layer of the dogmatic society. No longer is basketball a team sport. More and more pressure are put on talented players to carry the team. Even the most talented player, can't carry a team load. I guess the pressure to be the very best and compete with the very best in order to get scholorhips is frustrating. Teenagers aren't allowed to be teenagers anymore. Can't basketball go back to being fun? Maybe, basketball just a season sport??

I would like to know how many talented players got burned out of high school basketball? How many of these players had no desire to play college ball?? Should the adults back off and let the girls just be teenagers and enjoy or maybe keep the love for basketball that they once had as children?? Just a thought. Maybe I'm living in fantsy land. Hey, its just a wonderful thought.

I agree with most you have said here. For the folks that don't think so haven't been in the right spot to hear and see what goes on. I have personally seen it. Heard it etc... I don't personally think it starts with the players i think it starts with the lack of morality that maybe a coach should have. Don't mean to dish a coach but it is what it is. If they allow the players get out of control among themselves where is your team? Out of control. Well when the team gets out of control then here comes the parents then what ya got now a heck of a mess that someone is trying to quite down and then it spreads like wildfire. Well the one that is trying to do better has a choice. Should i stay or Should i go just like the song. Well, you only live once. You do whats right for you not the team, coach or your buddies it is your future now. If it was your job what would you do? Think about it honestly. If your co worker came by you everyday shoved you, turn your personal stuff upside down, or even made fun of you. Well,you go to your boss he can't get it to calm down after awhile you know you can't live like this everyday. Nothing to do than to get your spirit killed and stay or move on to bigger better things. Same scenario to me. It happens every day! Build a good program and they will stay!!!!! I won't to add this a coach needs support form the board to do thier job correctly and if they are not replace him/her do the right thing for the program and the community and maybe the colleges will look at our small town schools too!

I have to throw in some thought here, even though it's not talking about the best program in last 30 yrs. It seems that today's players cannot do anything right. If they are miserable where they are for whatever reason, they cannot move or they are criticized for not sticking it out. If they do move, then a team is blammed for recruting players. If they decide to just quit all together, they are personally attacked and by this I mean rumers started about the girls as to why they quit. Basketball is very competitive and when you play for a strong team it's even more competitive. It's hard on these girls. We watch games on Tuesday and Friday, but we do not practice, lift weights, or condition with these girls. Basketball is very time consuming. It's changed over the years and what hasn't? My point is that we so called "fans" should lighten up on the players. They play hard, work hard, and do the best they can. They can never please everybody anyway and they always know that people are blaming them for that turnover or that loss. Just lighten up people. Lifes to short to always be so negative. I like this site because I like talking basketball with others that enjoy the sport. More people need to just ENJOY the sport.

On the 8th day was created Jackson County! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I cant imagine David Byrds Program at Wayne County not being in the Top 5. I think he has been to Murfreesboro close to 15 times. HOME GROWN KIDS TOO!

I have to throw in some thought here, even though it's not talking about the best program in last 30 yrs. It seems that today's players cannot do anything right. If they are miserable where they are for whatever reason, they cannot move or they are criticized for not sticking it out. If they do move, then a team is blammed for recruting players. If they decide to just quit all together, they are personally attacked and by this I mean rumers started about the girls as to why they quit. Basketball is very competitive and when you play for a strong team it's even more competitive. It's hard on these girls. We watch games on Tuesday and Friday, but we do not practice, lift weights, or condition with these girls. Basketball is very time consuming. It's changed over the years and what hasn't? My point is that we so called "fans" should lighten up on the players. They play hard, work hard, and do the best they can. They can never please everybody anyway and they always know that people are blaming them for that turnover or that loss. Just lighten up people. Lifes to short to always be so negative. I like this site because I like talking basketball with others that enjoy the sport. More people need to just ENJOY the sport.

well stated /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> IT wa tough being a teenager 100 yrs ago. I can't imagine trying to be a teenager in this time.

I think all the players work hard, and are very dedicated. Some nights go better than others. Some nights we can't buy a shot. This is part of it. I'm glad that the pressure is off to have a perfect season. Maybe, the young ladies can now have some fun. . Have fun girls, enjoy the ride.

May everyone be injury free tomorrow night. BTW it is a team loss, not one individual. It is a team win. When everyone misses, it is a long night. when everyone hits, oh the joy and jubilation.

Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!