Silverdale beat CSAS?

dadoffour

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy just told me the news. Anyone see it and care to opine?

Not to take anything from Silverdale, they played very hard and determined. Dante Hampton pulled a hamstring early in the 2nd quarter and the refs and murphy's law took over the game. 5 CSAS players fouled out of the game - Silverdale shot 40 free throws, CSAS 16. Should be a wakeup call for CSAS - anything can happen! I fully expect them to rededicate themselves to this season and learn from it.

Not to take anything from Silverdale, they played very hard and determined. Dante Hampton pulled a hamstring early in the 2nd quarter and the refs and murphy's law took over the game. 5 CSAS players fouled out of the game - Silverdale shot 40 free throws, CSAS 16. Should be a wakeup call for CSAS - anything can happen! I fully expect them to rededicate themselves to this season and learn from it.

yep, you pretty much nailed it. Hampton goes down in the 2nd quarter, and things look bad. CSAS surprises everybody though and goes up 16 in the 3rd. Then Silverdale hits some three's and has some bad calls go their way, and next thing u know they are winning. CSAS needed Hampton in the game to control things, and he was stuck on the bench. You could tell it was just killing him not being out there. Hassan Cobb had to step up and take control, and it seemed like a lot for him to handle. Overall it will be a learning experience for CSAS, I dont think it would have done them any good to go undefeated the rest of the regular season.

And about the officiating, I hate to use that as an excuse, but it was terrible. Every toss up went to Silverdale, and Silverdale shot 39 free throws to CSAS's 16. Silverdale was in the double bonus about two-thirds of the way through the third. The refs should have let a game that close be decided by play, not calls. Let the kids play!

A buddy just told me the news. Anyone see it and care to opine?

yes, these guys already said what needs to be said, hampton injured in the 2nd period leads to a down fall and the refs gave every call to siverdale leading to over 20 points. bad officiating and injured leader.... not good, but CSAS will defly wake up and finish the regular season undefeated.

the game showed how valuable hampton is to csas. the team looked extremely tight and did not play with as much confidence knowing their leader was going to be sitting the rest of the game. the officiating was bad in both directions, and csas fouled more then silverdale on actual fouls. there were many missed calls on both sides. lot's of grabbing and reaching on csas' part led to a lot of fouls being called. ball had a great game for csas. it seemed deere did not play very much tonight for some reason. did anyone else notice this? silverdale has some solid athletes who played with confidence down the stretch. and i think silverdale has a better coaching staff personally. i hope hampton heals quickly for the patriots sake of trying to get back to the finals.

Both teams did their fair amount of fouling. I also agree that the officiating could have been better. Good calls were handed out to both teams in some spots. Hampton getting hurt def had an affect on the game, but CSAS still played a good ball game. They went on their run in the 3rd, but Silverdale finally showed some guts for once and went on a run of their own after being down 16 at one point. Davenport, Marbury, and Lowery hit some really clutch shots down the stretch, and came up with some big stops when they had to. People can say what they want about the officiating, the injury, the fouls and what not, but the bottom line is that Silverdale was the better team on Saturday night. Though this win means nothing for Silverdale as far as district standings go, hopefully they can build on this win and become more confident and know they have the ability to close out tight games.

I think this loss can actually help CSAS. Better to lose now then late in the season. They are an excellent team and are deserving of the Number one ranking in the state. I will be really surpised if they don't end up back in the championship game in Murfreesboro.

Both teams did their fair amount of fouling. I also agree that the officiating could have been better. Good calls were handed out to both teams in some spots. Hampton getting hurt def had an affect on the game, but CSAS still played a good ball game. They went on their run in the 3rd, but Silverdale finally showed some guts for once and went on a run of their own after being down 16 at one point. Davenport, Marbury, and Lowery hit some really clutch shots down the stretch, and came up with some big stops when they had to. People can say what they want about the officiating, the injury, the fouls and what not, but the bottom line is that Silverdale was the better team on Saturday night. Though this win means nothing for Silverdale as far as district standings go, hopefully they can build on this win and become more confident and know they have the ability to close out tight games.

I think this loss can actually help CSAS. Better to lose now then late in the season. They are an excellent team and are deserving of the Number one ranking in the state. I will be really surpised if they don't end up back in the championship game in Murfreesboro.

I tried to tell ya"ll CSAS will not be the team to beat this year they will fall apart before the 2nd round of the playoff.

I tried to tell ya"ll CSAS will not be the team to beat this year they will fall apart before the 2nd round of the playoff.

what are you talking about? if anything this loss will help csas realize that they can be beat and won't show up to games thinking that they already won. and as everyone else on here has said the loss of hampton hurt them and the other starters were able to step up, but no one else on csas was able to. csas will beat silverdale by 20 or more points when they play again.

ball had a great game, but that was it. does anyone know how many points he ended up with?

the chattanoogan has him listed with having 22 points. With Hampton out, the younger players looked to him to dump the ball down to him and rely on his senior experience. It will be interesting to see how Ball and Cobb step up while Hampton is out.