Dyer County Vs. Obion....

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Obion County plays like they did at South Fulton, the answer is no. For some reason none of their shots were falling. South Fulton has had a tough time as of late, and OC ended up winning anyway. It just took them a while to get started. Silvanus Lee has done a good job of stepping up his game from last year, but last year is not a good comparison. OC was the 13AA doormat last season. This year they seem more focused. It would really just depend on what kind of night the boys have.

Rebels are much improved, but still seem to play only to the competitions level, i.e. South Fulton. Pulling for the Rebels, but don't know if they can hang with DC. Should be a good game nonetheless. OC did finally put together a complete game against Westview, and looked good doing it. Points were spread around, and they looked pretty comfortable in their gameplan.

Go REBS!!!

Rebels are much improved, but still seem to play only to the competitions level, i.e. South Fulton. Pulling for the Rebels, but don't know if they can hang with DC. Should be a good game nonetheless. OC did finally put together a complete game against Westview, and looked good doing it. Points were spread around, and they looked pretty comfortable in their gameplan.

Go REBS!!!

I have seen both teams play a couple of times. It would be great for OC to pull the upset, but it will be very difficult. I do not see DC losing a District game, just too quick. I expect DC to win by double digits, and it may be 20 plus. I am not knocking OC, and hope they can be competitive, it is just that DC is a special team.

DC returns everyone from last year's squad and has even added a couple of new players to the Choctaw system.

OC must be able to handle the DC pressure and the defense will be relentless. If they can control the game and not have a track meet, they'll stay with the Choctaws and at least have a chance in the 4th quarter. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

They played DC well at their place last season and there's no reason why that same intensity can't be brought back again!!

Both teams Undefeated in District play coming in -- A contrast of styles- /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Should be an intersting matchup

Like some of the others have said,if the Rebels play the way they did at South Fulton they will be embarrassed...

I don't believe they will because this is a district game,a rivalry game and it's at home....

Dyer County has the better athletes,hands down....If Dyer County wants to go on and win a state championship they will have to go out and win games like this....

Central will have to come out and force their tempo on DC...They cannot run with the Choctaws and they can't have the score in the high 70's to low 80's.....If Central keeps this thing down in the 60's watch out....The Rebels will have to play excellent defense and not allow DC to go on a couple of big runs...If Central can have a couple kids knocking down the threes,hit their free throws and hold their own on the boards they could just pull this thing out...

It will come down to who plays the best as a team and if Central can get the fans into the game like they did last season when they played Union City in Troy....That place was loud that night.....

Like some of the others have said,if the Rebels play the way they did at South Fulton they will be embarrassed...

I don't believe they will because this is a district game,a rivalry game and it's at home....

Dyer County has the better athletes,hands down....If Dyer County wants to go on and win a state championship they will have to go out and win games like this....

Central will have to come out and force their tempo on DC...They cannot run with the Choctaws and they can't have the score in the high 70's to low 80's.....If Central keeps this thing down in the 60's watch out....The Rebels will have to play excellent defense and not allow DC to go on a couple of big runs...If Central can have a couple kids knocking down the threes,hit their free throws and hold their own on the boards they could just pull this thing out...

It will come down to who plays the best as a team and if Central can get the fans into the game like they did last season when they played Union City in Troy....That place was loud that night.....

DC by 15 plus

The Rebels should be carrying a little more confidence into this year's matchup than last year. That should make a bigger difference than some people might think. Like I said on a previous thread, DC went from worst to first the previous year, why not Central now? That's why you play the game!!!

Go Rebels!!!!

why not? b/c central didnt get 4 new starters transfer in. in fact didnt one of their best players (the big kid/quarterback) transfer to dyersburg? not saying anything about the transfers being wrong or illegal or whatever, just stating facts. lets keep in mind that the worst DC and the !st DC were two completely different teams. All that being said OC is much better than previous yearsbut i think DC wins easily... 20+