GC Lady Pioneers V. OC Lady Rebels

GCPioneer

Gibson Co. (16-1,6-0) defeated Obion Co. (16-1,4-1) earlier in the season by a score of 65-49. Does Obion Co. avenge the loss and beat Gibson Co. this time or does Gibson Co. move to 17-1 overall and 7-0 in the District? Gibson Co.'s last 2 District games have been extremely close beating Milan by only 1 and Dyersburg by only 3. Obion Co. hasn't had a close or tough game since the loss to Gibson Co. as they have beaten all their opponents since the loss by atleast double digits! This sets up for a #1 spot in the District Tournaments so there will be alot riding on this game! This game will be closer than the 16 point difference last time. I say Gibson Co. will pull this one out by 4 with a final of 55-51. Good Luck!!!

Any idea if Jana Roney will be playing?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the GAME OF THE WEEK in the state. The atmosphere at this game will be tremendous. The winner is the new #1 team in the state but more importantly its a big district game. Obion will be ready since the earlier loss to Gibson County. If Roney wasnt coming off an injury, it might have been ugly. If Roney plays and she will, I still think Obion wins but the game just got alot closer. If Roney doesnt play then you have to give Gibson County the edge.

I'll go with Obion by 8.

Well it is indeed #1 vs #3, as Gibson Co will make the trip to "Central Station" in Troy for a HUGE district Game with Obion Co. Central. The Lady Rebs lost the first metting, but I think that OC will return the favor on their home court Tuesday. OC, without Jana Roney destroyed a young Crockett Co. team, Friday night. OC looked as focused as I have seen them all year. If Roney can walk she will try to play. I have afelling that the only way she does not play is to tie her up in the dressing room. GC has played well, and come in ranked #1. OC has improved I think since the first of the season. OC by 8 or more.

GAME TIME IS 6:00 pm, BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it is indeed #1 vs #3, as Gibson Co will make the trip to "Central Station" in Troy for a HUGE district Game with Obion Co. Central. The Lady Rebs lost the first metting, but I think that OC will return the favor on their home court Tuesday. OC, without Jana Roney destroyed a young Crockett Co. team, Friday night. OC looked as focused as I have seen them all year. If Roney can walk she will try to play. I have afelling that the only way she does not play is to tie her up in the dressing room. GC has played well, and come in ranked #1. OC has improved I think since the first of the season. OC by 8 or more.

GAME TIME IS 6:00 pm, BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate Jana's loyalty,dedication,tenacity,whatever you want to call it but if she isn't able to go 100% full speed,I say rest her again...She will be needed more in the postseason than Tuesday nite....I would love to see the Lady Rebels healthy to see where they stand with this Gibson County team...I just think if the Lady Rebels know going in and prepare as though she is not playing they will be better off than have her out there limping around and basically giving GC a 5 on 4 advantage....Again,they need her much more down the road...No need in risking her being out for a long time if she were to get hurt again.....

OC will need Roney to win. The GC press will hurt OC without Roney. She is the stable force that keeps everyone under control. There are things that Roney does that can be replaced, but there is no one else that can replace her leadership, poise and confidence that she gives her team. Forget her athletic talent, her attitude, effort & leadership are her most important and impressive assets.

All teams and coaches should be fortunate enough to have a player like her, a true pleasure to watch.

I'm not making any predictions on this game. To me, predictions are stupid and pointless. I will say, however, that the OC Lady Rebels are very talented and have players that can score if needed. I have not seen Gibson County play. May the best team win.

Gibson Co. has very talented players and players that can score as well. We have heigth and lots of speed. We have 1 Senior in JennaLee Pate ( C ), 2 Juniors in Brittney Garner ( G ) and Jeniqua Jennings ( G ), and 2 Sophomores in Heather Butler ( PG) and Heather Griffin ( PF ) starting. As young as this team is, I really didn't expect to see us start the season at 16-1 and 6-0 in District play. Awesome Job to them!!!! This game will feature 2 possible future Ms. Basketball candidates in Sophomore's Fussell of Obion and Butler of GC. This game will also have last year's Ms. Basketball candidate in Jana Roney! Any word on if she's playing yet? Good Luck to both teams as this should be a packed out gym!

I'm not making any predictions on this game. To me, predictions are stupid and pointless. I will say, however, that the OC Lady Rebels are very talented and have players that can score if needed. I have not seen Gibson County play. May the best team win.

Oh really you don't make predictions lollypop? What about this statement????

"There's only one word that comes to mind when I think of Jackson County basketball: CHOKE! They choked in the state tournament last year against Gleason. They'll choke in the state final this year."

Last time i checked JACKSON COUNTY HAS 5 GOLD BALLS AND 3 SIVLER BALLS, MY FRIEND! How many does OC have? You sir are a liar as you do make predictions so does that mean you are stupid and your posts pointless? From what i have been able to research using TSSAA records for verification, its been OC that has CHOKED in the big games for the most part. You better check yourself before you start making statements that you can't back up with FACTS my friend! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Oh really you don't make predictions lollypop? What about this statement????

"There's only one word that comes to mind when I think of Jackson County basketball: CHOKE! They choked in the state tournament last year against Gleason. They'll choke in the state final this year."

Last time i checked JACKSON COUNTY HAS 5 GOLD BALLS AND 3 SIVLER BALLS, MY FRIEND! How many does OC have? You sir are a liar as you do make predictions so does that mean you are stupid and your posts pointless? From what i have been able to research using TSSAA records for verification, its been OC that has CHOKED in the big games for the most part. You better check yourself before you start making statements that you can't back up with FACTS my friend! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A little personal if you ask me....And I know you didn't... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />