Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Tops In Class A

1. Jackson County (18-2) ??“ After defeating Red Boiling Springs by forty points to start the week, the Lady Blue Devils incurred their second loss in three games as they fell to AA Upperman by six. There is a silver lining in this loss, however, as Jackson County was without starting guard Misti Maxwell, who has been very consistent all season and arguably the backbone of this team. Maxwell should be back in the line-up this week as they head on the road for two District 7A games against Clay County on Tuesday and Pickett County on Friday.

2. Clarkrange (20-3) ??“ The Lady Buffaloes became the first Class A team to reach twenty wins as they grabbed three victories this past week with a thirteen point triumph over Van Buren County, a thirty-one point drubbing of Clay County, and a twenty-two point beating of Cumberland County. Clarkrange has only one game this week as they host District 7A foe Monterey on Tuesday.

3. Wayne County (18-2) ??“ The Lady Cats took control of second place in District 12A last week as they earned district wins over Frank Hughes by thirty-three and Perry County by nine. Up this week for Wayne County is two more district home games beginning with county rival Collinwood (who was the last team to hand Waynesboro a loss) on Tuesday where a win by the Lady Cats would force a tie atop 12A. Following that game will be another contest against Zion Christian on Friday, which will culminate Wayne County??™s five game home stretch to start 2008.

4. Middleton (17-0) ??“ The Lady Tigers remained undefeated this past week as they kicked off District 16A play with a twenty-one point win over Fayette Academy before taking down Ripley High School in Mississippi by twenty-two. Finally the time has come where everyone gets to see just what Middleton is made of as they hit the road to take on the other top team in their district in Manassas, who has played a much tougher schedule and has quality wins against top competition. Following that highly anticipated game, the Lady Tigers will travel to Middle College on Friday for another district game before heading to H.W. Byers on Saturday to culminate a three game week.

5. Cloudland (15-1) ??“ The Lady Highlanders grabbed two more District 1A wins this past week as they took University School by twenty-six and Hampton by twenty-two. Cloudland enters this coming with a twelve game winning streak that could be tested when they head to Unaka on Tuesday in a game that is always competitive. Following that game, the Lady Landers should get yet another easy win as they host Providence Academy on Friday.

6. Westmoreland (17-1) ??“ The Lady Eagles secured two easy District 8A victories last week with wins over Trousdale County by twenty-nine and Friendship Christian by thirteen. After an easy week last week, things get considerably more difficult in the upcoming days as they first must travel to Region 4A foe Red Boiling Springs on Tuesday for a rematch between two teams that battled down to the wire in their last meeting. Then on Friday, Westmoreland welcomes in their biggest district rival, Gordonsville, who has won the past two District Championships, both of which have been over the Lady Eagles.

7. Richland (17-2) ??“ The Lady Raiders wasted little time in putting away fellow District 11A team Culleoka in a forty-three point slaughtering. Things should be just a tad bit more difficult this week as they host a young Moore County squad on Tuesday and travel to Huntland to take on an inexperienced Lady Hornets team on Friday for two more district games.

8. Forrest (15-3) ??“ The Lady Rockets took over the top spot in District 9A this past week as they squeezed out a four point victory on the road over previously district unbeaten Middle Tennessee Christian. Forrest then rode the momentum of that win to a forty-four point victory over F.C. Boyd and a nineteen point win over Summertown (at Summertown none the less). Two more district games are up this week for the Chapel Hill girls as they host Van Buren County on Tuesday and welcome in Eagleville on Friday.

9. Collinwood (14-4) ??“ The Trojanettes grabbed three much needed easy wins this past week as they took down Loretto by thirty-six, Mt. Pleasant by forty-seven, and Zion Christian by fifty. They??™ll need all the practice they got from those three games this week as they face their toughest week of District 12A play yet as they must go on the road for back-to-back games against two teams that have been nearly impossible to beat at home beginning with their biggest rival Wayne County on Tuesday and finishing with under-achieving Perry County on Friday.

10. Madison Academic Magnet (16-4) ??“ The Lady Mustangs, behind the superb play of Junior guard Morgan Faulkner and Senior post Kiara Hunt, notched three more marks in the victory column last week as they defeated a pair of fellow District 14A teams??”Scotts Hill (by thirty-two) and Trinity Christian Academy (by twelve)??”before breezing by Halls (by forty-two). Things get tougher this week for Coach Patterson??™s girls as they take on the other two top teams in this district beginning with a big match-up at home against Decatur County Riverside on Tuesday and ending with a game at Adamsville on Friday.

Best of the Rest: Trenton Peabody (11), Bradford (12) Santa Fe (13), Middle Tennessee Christian (14), Manassas (15)

Class A Games of the Week

---Middleton at Manassas (Tuesday) ??“ The Lady Tigers of Middleton are the only unbeaten team in Class A and have remained that way behind the sensational play of returning guards Valnessa Miller and Jasmine Perry. The other Lady Tigers of Manassas have eight losses on the year, but when you considered that five of those losses have come against three of the best teams in all of Tennessee??”Lausanne, Millington Central, and Memphis Northside??”regardless of classification, their record can be a little deceiving. Both teams have a ton of speed and athleticism on their very experienced rosters so expect this to be a very fast paced up-and-down the floor game. This is a district showdown in West Tennessee between two teams that everyone in Class A should be keeping an eye on.

---Collinwood at Wayne County (Tuesday) ??“ The Trojanettes head to the northern part of Wayne County to take on the Lady Cats at Waynesboro. Since their first meeting back in early December when Collinwood took a twelve point victory, Wayne County has reeled off thirteen straight wins and has arguably been the hottest team in Class A. Collinwood, on the other hand, struggled through a three game losing streak, two of those losses coming to teams that Wayne County beat. In their first meeting Wayne County??™s zone defense was not enough to slow down the Trojanettes and one would suspect that it will not be enough to do so this time either. The Lady Cats could make up for that, however, by controlling the glass and dominating the paint on both the offensive and defensive end. Will Collinwood??™s seven game winning streak over Wayne County come to an end or will Abby Andrews and Lesley Daniel find a way keep the mean green machine unbeaten and on top of District 12A?

---Decatur County Riverside at Madison Academic Magnet (Tuesday) ??“ The preseason favorites for the District 15A Championship meet for the first time this season and both are undefeated in district play thus far. Decatur County comes into this game with the more experienced team as they return four starting seniors, including the very athletic Mitchell, from a team that beat Madison in all three of their meetings last season. Madison Academic, however, has the best coach (and proven winner) in the district in Patterson and possibly the best all-around player in Faulkner, whose ability to both get to the basket and hit the outside shot has drove opposing teams crazy all year. This should be the first of three, possibly even four, meetings between these two very competitive teams.

---Gordonsville at Westmoreland (Friday) ??“ When it comes to district rivalries, few are as heated and competitive as that of these two District 8A teams. What has fueled the fire is the fact that these two squads have met in the District Championship Game four straight years with each team winning twice. This season, Westmoreland comes in as the undeniable favorite as they return seven seniors, including go-to guards Lindsey Jones and Kathryn Urell. Gordonsville, though not as deep, returns some talent as well, led by a whole slew of three-point shooting guards, any of whom can lead the team in scoring on any given night. Gordonsville will have to hope to be on fire from outside the arc against Westmoreland??™s traditionally very stingy defense if they stand any chance of upsetting the Lady Eagles and keeping themselves in the hunt for the top spot in District 8A.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As noted, Cloudland could face a stiff test at Unaka on Tuesday. If Cloudland handles the Lady Rangers, they take a huge step towards the District 1 title. If Cloudland loses, their supremacy in the district will be in doubt as will an easy ride to Murfreesboro.

Come on Coach you've got 1500 posts on here but no membership what gives? $12 a year is a small price to pay to be able to communicate with everyone about high school sports here in Tn don't you think? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Come on Coach you've got 1500 posts on here but no membership what gives? $12 a year is a small price to pay to be able to communicate with everyone about high school sports here in Tn don't you think? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I have enjoyed the site for five years now and have been a member for much of the time. I think my last membership was free for winning the BigOnes contest, but my year must be up. How easy is it to join? I used to use PayPal, but I don't have much luck remembering my password and I don't really like putting my credit card stuff online. make it easy and I have no problem re-upping.

I have enjoyed the site for five years now and have been a member for much of the time. I think my last membership was free for winning the BigOnes contest, but my year must be up. How easy is it to join? I used to use PayPal, but I don't have much luck remembering my password and I don't really like putting my credit card stuff online. make it easy and I have no problem re-upping.

I'm sure you can still use "PayPal" so it shouldn't be a problem. Its a great site thats for sure, cheap entertainment for us "old" guys!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I pay by check. The address is on the home page. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Put your user name on the check.

Tops In Class A

1. Jackson County (18-2) ??“ After defeating Red Boiling Springs by forty points to start the week, the Lady Blue Devils incurred their second loss in three games as they fell to AA Upperman by six. There is a silver lining in this loss, however, as Jackson County was without starting guard Misti Maxwell, who has been very consistent all season and arguably the backbone of this team. Maxwell should be back in the line-up this week as they head on the road for two District 7A games against Clay County on Tuesday and Pickett County on Friday.

2. Clarkrange (20-3) ??“ The Lady Buffaloes became the first Class A team to reach twenty wins as they grabbed three victories this past week with a thirteen point triumph over Van Buren County, a thirty-one point drubbing of Clay County, and a twenty-two point beating of Cumberland County. Clarkrange has only one game this week as they host District 7A foe Monterey on Tuesday.

3. Wayne County (18-2) ??“ The Lady Cats took control of second place in District 12A last week as they earned district wins over Frank Hughes by thirty-three and Perry County by nine. Up this week for Wayne County is two more district home games beginning with county rival Collinwood (who was the last team to hand Waynesboro a loss) on Tuesday where a win by the Lady Cats would force a tie atop 12A. Following that game will be another contest against Zion Christian on Friday, which will culminate Wayne County??™s five game home stretch to start 2008.

4. Middleton (17-0) ??“ The Lady Tigers remained undefeated this past week as they kicked off District 16A play with a twenty-one point win over Fayette Academy before taking down Ripley High School in Mississippi by twenty-two. Finally the time has come where everyone gets to see just what Middleton is made of as they hit the road to take on the other top team in their district in Manassas, who has played a much tougher schedule and has quality wins against top competition. Following that highly anticipated game, the Lady Tigers will travel to Middle College on Friday for another district game before heading to H.W. Byers on Saturday to culminate a three game week.

5. Cloudland (15-1) ??“ The Lady Highlanders grabbed two more District 1A wins this past week as they took University School by twenty-six and Hampton by twenty-two. Cloudland enters this coming with a twelve game winning streak that could be tested when they head to Unaka on Tuesday in a game that is always competitive. Following that game, the Lady Landers should get yet another easy win as they host Providence Academy on Friday.

6. Westmoreland (17-1) ??“ The Lady Eagles secured two easy District 8A victories last week with wins over Trousdale County by twenty-nine and Friendship Christian by thirteen. After an easy week last week, things get considerably more difficult in the upcoming days as they first must travel to Region 4A foe Red Boiling Springs on Tuesday for a rematch between two teams that battled down to the wire in their last meeting. Then on Friday, Westmoreland welcomes in their biggest district rival, Gordonsville, who has won the past two District Championships, both of which have been over the Lady Eagles.

7. Richland (17-2) ??“ The Lady Raiders wasted little time in putting away fellow District 11A team Culleoka in a forty-three point slaughtering. Things should be just a tad bit more difficult this week as they host a young Moore County squad on Tuesday and travel to Huntland to take on an inexperienced Lady Hornets team on Friday for two more district games.

8. Forrest (15-3) ??“ The Lady Rockets took over the top spot in District 9A this past week as they squeezed out a four point victory on the road over previously district unbeaten Middle Tennessee Christian. Forrest then rode the momentum of that win to a forty-four point victory over F.C. Boyd and a nineteen point win over Summertown (at Summertown none the less). Two more district games are up this week for the Chapel Hill girls as they host Van Buren County on Tuesday and welcome in Eagleville on Friday.

9. Collinwood (14-4) ??“ The Trojanettes grabbed three much needed easy wins this past week as they took down Loretto by thirty-six, Mt. Pleasant by forty-seven, and Zion Christian by fifty. They??™ll need all the practice they got from those three games this week as they face their toughest week of District 12A play yet as they must go on the road for back-to-back games against two teams that have been nearly impossible to beat at home beginning with their biggest rival Wayne County on Tuesday and finishing with under-achieving Perry County on Friday.

10. Madison Academic Magnet (16-4) ??“ The Lady Mustangs, behind the superb play of Junior guard Morgan Faulkner and Senior post Kiara Hunt, notched three more marks in the victory column last week as they defeated a pair of fellow District 14A teams??”Scotts Hill (by thirty-two) and Trinity Christian Academy (by twelve)??”before breezing by Halls (by forty-two). Things get tougher this week for Coach Patterson??™s girls as they take on the other two top teams in this district beginning with a big match-up at home against Decatur County Riverside on Tuesday and ending with a game at Adamsville on Friday.

Best of the Rest: Trenton Peabody (11), Bradford (12) Santa Fe (13), Middle Tennessee Christian (14), Manassas (15)

Class A Games of the Week

---Middleton at Manassas (Tuesday) ??“ The Lady Tigers of Middleton are the only unbeaten team in Class A and have remained that way behind the sensational play of returning guards Valnessa Miller and Jasmine Perry. The other Lady Tigers of Manassas have eight losses on the year, but when you considered that five of those losses have come against three of the best teams in all of Tennessee??”Lausanne, Millington Central, and Memphis Northside??”regardless of classification, their record can be a little deceiving. Both teams have a ton of speed and athleticism on their very experienced rosters so expect this to be a very fast paced up-and-down the floor game. This is a district showdown in West Tennessee between two teams that everyone in Class A should be keeping an eye on.

---Collinwood at Wayne County (Tuesday) ??“ The Trojanettes head to the northern part of Wayne County to take on the Lady Cats at Waynesboro. Since their first meeting back in early December when Collinwood took a twelve point victory, Wayne County has reeled off thirteen straight wins and has arguably been the hottest team in Class A. Collinwood, on the other hand, struggled through a three game losing streak, two of those losses coming to teams that Wayne County beat. In their first meeting Wayne County??™s zone defense was not enough to slow down the Trojanettes and one would suspect that it will not be enough to do so this time either. The Lady Cats could make up for that, however, by controlling the glass and dominating the paint on both the offensive and defensive end. Will Collinwood??™s seven game winning streak over Wayne County come to an end or will Abby Andrews and Lesley Daniel find a way keep the mean green machine unbeaten and on top of District 12A?

---Decatur County Riverside at Madison Academic Magnet (Tuesday) ??“ The preseason favorites for the District 15A Championship meet for the first time this season and both are undefeated in district play thus far. Decatur County comes into this game with the more experienced team as they return four starting seniors, including the very athletic Mitchell, from a team that beat Madison in all three of their meetings last season. Madison Academic, however, has the best coach (and proven winner) in the district in Patterson and possibly the best all-around player in Faulkner, whose ability to both get to the basket and hit the outside shot has drove opposing teams crazy all year. This should be the first of three, possibly even four, meetings between these two very competitive teams.

---Gordonsville at Westmoreland (Friday) ??“ When it comes to district rivalries, few are as heated and competitive as that of these two District 8A teams. What has fueled the fire is the fact that these two squads have met in the District Championship Game four straight years with each team winning twice. This season, Westmoreland comes in as the undeniable favorite as they return seven seniors, including go-to guards Lindsey Jones and Kathryn Urell. Gordonsville, though not as deep, returns some talent as well, led by a whole slew of three-point shooting guards, any of whom can lead the team in scoring on any given night. Gordonsville will have to hope to be on fire from outside the arc against Westmoreland??™s traditionally very stingy defense if they stand any chance of upsetting the Lady Eagles and keeping themselves in the hunt for the top spot in District 8A.

Double L is the backbone of the Blue Devils. And dont anyone forget it. Without her, they are 3rd or 4th in District.

Another game of intrest, almost game of the week status, is tonights game between District 10 A 1st place East Robertson and 3rd place White House Heritage in a battle for ranking and pride here in good ole Robertson Co. East is our neighbor just 7 miles to the north of White House,and will be hosting tonights game. It has become quite a rival in the last 6 yrs. It will be a heated battle tonight.