Justin Blake

yankees8589

Agreed, I'm sure he does drive to the basket but in the 8-10 times I've seen him play I don't think I've seen it.

I'm not directing this at you but to everyone that disagrees with what I have said, I'm NOT saying Justin Blake is not a good player because he is VERY good! He'll do very well in the OVC if he ends up there!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m simply stating that I believe Justin is a much better player than you give him credit for. "Realisically" no one thinks that he is going to the Blue Devils. You`re just so negative. Of course we understand that GC is rebuilding and they probably haven`t had many if any offers this year, so it may ease the pain to bring a neighboring school down with you. While he is an outstanding player, he`s not a one man team. The others deserve credit as well. Six players averaging in double figures. I`ve spoke several times before of your BB knowledge, but you` re undersliding statements concerning recruiting and Justin Blake consistantly, really tend to lower you`re credibility. Fans just want to enjoy the great year we`re having and what ever happens will happen.

Back to BB. Justin does carry the ball low when he sees an open lane. With his 3-point shooting ability, it wouldn`t make sense to go low everytime he gets a touch. Sure on a college level you have to penatrate the middle, but that`s part of the learning experience. In HS, that`s not always the case.

(1)I`m simply stating that I believe Justin is a much better player than you give him credit for. "Realisically" no one thinks that he is going to the Blue Devils. You`re just so negative. (2)Of course we understand that GC is rebuilding and they probably haven`t had many if any offers this year, so it may ease the pain to bring a neighboring school down with you. (3)While he is an outstanding player, he`s not a one man team. The others deserve credit as well. Six players averaging in double figures(4) I`ve spoke several times before of your BB knowledge, but you` re undersliding statements concerning recruiting and Justin Blake consistantly, really tend to lower you`re credibility. Fans just want to enjoy the great year we`re having and what ever happens will happen.

(5)Back to BB. Justin does carry the ball low when he sees an open lane. With his 3-point shooting ability, it wouldn`t make sense to go low everytime he gets a touch. Sure on a college level you have to penatrate the middle, but that`s part of the learning experience. In HS, that`s not always the case.

I've got 5 points to make in my next posts. Notice I have the numbers bolded up top.

(1) How many times have I said in my previous posts on this thread that Justin IS a player and CAN flat out shoot the rock? I'm not being negative, just "realistic". JUSTIN IS THE REAL DEAL!

(2) Gibson Co. has nothing to do with this argument. Since when has Gibson Co. been known as a boys basketball powerhouse? In fact we do have a player getting talked to by colleges. Bethel has been talking with Hamilton Hudson. I know it isn't D-1 but a scholarship is a scholarship. I keep up with basketball around West TN so bringing Gibson Co. into this is pointless.

(3) I never said DC is a one man team, this thread is about Justin Blake and where you think he'll end up in college! BTW JUSTIN BLAKE IS A GREAT PLAYER!

(4) I appreciate your statement about the knowledge I have of basketball but it doesn't hurt me to say that I'm losing credibility only due to the fact that you disagree with what I have to say.

(5) Justin does have a GREAT 3 point shot. I'm not saying he needs to go low everytime he touches the ball but I'm just saying I've never seen him drive into the posts.

I've got 5 points to make in my next posts. Notice I have the numbers bolded up top.

(1) How many times have I said in my previous posts on this thread that Justin IS a player and CAN flat out shoot the rock? I'm not being negative, just "realistic". JUSTIN IS THE REAL DEAL!

(2) Gibson Co. has nothing to do with this argument. Since when has Gibson Co. been known as a boys basketball powerhouse? In fact we do have a player getting talked to by colleges. Bethel has been talking with Hamilton Hudson. I know it isn't D-1 but a scholarship is a scholarship. I keep up with basketball around West TN so bringing Gibson Co. into this is pointless.

(3) I never said DC is a one man team, this thread is about Justin Blake and where you think he'll end up in college! BTW JUSTIN BLAKE IS A GREAT PLAYER!

(4) I appreciate your statement about the knowledge I have of basketball but it doesn't hurt me to say that I'm losing credibility only due to the fact that you disagree with what I have to say.

(5) Justin does have a GREAT 3 point shot. I'm not saying he needs to go low everytime he touches the ball but I'm just saying I've never seen him drive into the posts.

Colleges all across the nation, both big and small, are looking for players like Justin. Remember Lee Humphry?

I saw him take it to the "hole" more than once against Gibson County last week ! No disrespect GC just fact ! I think Justin knows that he has to "broaden his horizons" (so to speak) to play on the "bigger stage" ! I've SEEN more of the versatility that he needs to display as this season has progressed ! He came out cold "from behind the arc" last Friday against G.C. & took it to the hoop a few times then started drainin' the tre' later in the game ! He has the goods ! Maybe NOT Duke but colleges also recruit potential when a young player has a strong suit & is a "pure shooter" as Justin is. So IMO I wouldn't rule out anything at this point.More specifically I wouldn't confine his potential to the OVC or even smaller schools than that ! I guess that's why we ain't College Recruiters, huh ? Again no disrespect whatsoever! But his "game" IS becoming more than just being the Choctaw "Sniper" !

Why are some kids called pure shooters but people say they come out cold? Thats called streaky. Pure shooters have bad days where they don't make as many but they are never cold. Don't go nuts, I'm not picking on anybody particular. I played with a guy that is considered a good shooter he had one bad night shooting that i can remember the rest of the time he made his shots.

I saw him take it to the "hole" more than once against Gibson County last week ! No disrespect GC just fact ! I think Justin knows that he has to "broaden his horizons" (so to speak) to play on the "bigger stage" ! I've SEEN more of the versatility that he needs to display as this season has progressed ! He came out cold "from behind the arc" last Friday against G.C. & took it to the hoop a few times then started drainin' the tre' later in the game ! He has the goods ! Maybe NOT Duke but colleges also recruit potential when a young player has a strong suit & is a "pure shooter" as Justin is. So IMO I wouldn't rule out anything at this point.More specifically I wouldn't confine his potential to the OVC or even smaller schools than that ! I guess that's why we ain't College Recruiters, huh ? Again no disrespect whatsoever! But his "game" IS becoming more than just being the Choctaw "Sniper" !

I saw him cut to the basket and catch a backdoor but that was it. When I talk going low, I talk posting someone up or taking the shot up hard and drawing a foul.

I saw him cut to the basket and catch a backdoor but that was it. When I talk going low, I talk posting someone up or taking the shot up hard and drawing a foul.

I would say that yes I also saw the "backdoor cut" you're talkin'about. BUT I also saw him drive the lane (North end....left side of the lane in particular (there were others)) not certain whether it was that particular play or not but he got to the line much more than just the "3 rock" & 12 - 14 foot jumpers. AND YES it has surprised ME ! As for the "pure shooter" I'd say that Blake qualifies. Streaky? Not really ! He IS gonna get his "tre's" ! Just a matter of time & finding his range ! AND you KNOW he has the range ! "NBA 3's" are routine (and usually "nothin but net" ! In most cases there ain't any doubt about his foot bein' on the line that's for dang sure ! Smooth of the bounce and even better off the feed beyond the arc ! He has become a more physical player & I think it is because he knows he has to & Coach has likely encouraged it ..... both for Justin's future & the future of this team! JMHO !

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that yes I also saw the "backdoor cut" you're talkin'about. BUT I also saw him drive the lane (North end....left side of the lane in particular (there were others)) not certain whether it was that particular play or not but he got to the line much more than just the "3 rock" & 12 - 14 foot jumpers. AND YES it has surprised ME ! As for the "pure shooter" I'd say that Blake qualifies. Streaky? Not really ! He IS gonna get his "tre's" ! Just a matter of time & finding his range ! AND you KNOW he has the range ! "NBA 3's" are routine (and usually "nothin but net" ! In most cases there ain't any doubt about his foot bein' on the line that's for dang sure ! Smooth of the bounce and even better off the feed beyond the arc ! He has become a more physical player & I think it is because he knows he has to & Coach has likely encouraged it ..... both for Justin's future & the future of this team! JMHO !

I agree. I didn't say he was streaky. (I know the other person did). Everytime I've seen Justin play he has lit it up. I haven't noticed him being streaky especially from beyond three point land. I hope Justin goes to the college that suits him the best and will get him a good education for sure! Good Luck to him!

What's the latest on the recruiting front (the bottom line on offers,,,not opinions). I trust the college scouts. If it's all mid major so be it. I just want to know who has offered and who is showing interest.

I sat with Justin and his uncle about three days ago at a middle school tournament...Justin said someone came down and talked to him...I believe it was East Tenn..but can't remember the team for sure..I should have asked Justin what offers he actually has ...but his uncle works in the same office as me...he helps Justin with his weight training,is usually around when the recruiters come to talk with Justin and his parents..Anyway..he is here beside me now and I asked him your question..According to him..Justin has 9 college offers..all from the Sun Belt and OVC...Ole Miss has come for a visit..but not offered..But anyway..9 offers on the table as of now..