Mont. Central 3 9

Cheatham Co. 2 9

Stewart Co. 2 9

Remaining Games

Sycamore- Waverly (2), Cheatham Co.

Waverly- Sycamore (2)

Creekwood- Fairview (2), Stewart County

Fairview- Creekwood (2), Harpeth (2)

Harpeth- Fairview (2), Cheatham County (2)

Montgomery Central- Montgomery Central (2)

Cheatham Co.- Harpeth (2), Sycamore

Stewart Co.- Montgomery Central (2), Creekwood

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 11AA Standings

Team W L

Sycamore 11 0

Waverly 10 2

Creekwood 8 3

Fairview 5 5

Harpeth 3 7

Mont. Central 3 9

Cheatham Co. 2 9

Stewart Co. 2 9

Remaining Games

Sycamore- Waverly (2), Cheatham Co.

Waverly- Sycamore (2)

Creekwood- Fairview (2), Stewart County

Fairview- Creekwood (2), Harpeth (2)

Harpeth- Fairview (2), Cheatham County (2)

Montgomery Central- Montgomery Central (2)

Cheatham Co.- Harpeth (2), Sycamore

Stewart Co.- Montgomery Central (2), Creekwood

It is Sycamore's for the taking.

If Sycamore splits with Waverly, they're the #1 seed. I don't see a team out of our district getting out of region though. Lexington is real tough and the other team will probably be Bolivar.

The district seems to be more balanced than years past, though I think Sycamore is head and shoulders above the rest.

Sycamore & Creek Wood are IMO the top two teams in the district but I would give the nod to Sycamore if I had to pick one of those two teams. Both teams can advance really far once the tournaments begin. Waverly Central could beat either of them on a given day.

Harpeth, Montgomery Central, Cheatham Co., and Stewart Co. are all similar baseball teams. Any of them could wind up playing Fairview in the #4 vs #5 matchup in the opening round of the district tourney. That should be the goal for all of them as well because matchups with those top three teams would result in a quick postseason.

I would include Fairview in that same group. They got drilled by Sycamore, swept by Waverly, split with Montgomery Central and swept Cheatham. They'll likely get swept by Creekwood and will have to split with Harpeth to stay at 500. I don't think they have a lock on the 4 seed by any means. I think 4 and 5 are both wide open. The team I wouldn't want to face in a single elimination game is Stewart County. Everybody below Sycamore is very vulnerable and nobody in 11AA is getting past the 12AA schools. This district is way down from past years imo. The reason it's so balanced is that a lot of teams are young and inexperienced or just not that good.

Who's the best team in the state that anybody in this district has beaten? Heck, how has a district team done against the best AA, AAA and DII competition?

As the last two weeks of the season winds down, this week will go along way to deciding the seeding for the tournament.

Today and Tomorrow Games:

Wavery-Sycamore

Creekwood-Fairview

SC-MC

I don't know if Cheatham and Harpeth are playing this week.

If Syacmore wins one of the two with Waverly, they are the one seed, if Waverly wins both they woiuod be the one seed.

CW will most likely sweep Fairview, and they have one left with Stewart. If they win all three and Sycamore sweeps Waverly, CW moves up to 2 and Waverly falls to 3. If CW loses once and Sycamore and Waverly, Waverly stays at two and CW 3.

If Fairview can get one more district win either this week against CW or next week with Hapreth, they are guarenteed a spot in the 4-5 game. If they get swept by CW and Harpeth, they can still get the 5 spot if MC loses one mroe game.

Harpeth has two with Fairview next week and two with Cheatham left. I am assuming they will sweep Cheatham. If that happens and they can spilt with Fairview and Fairview is swept by CW, Harpeth would be 4 due to their earlier win over Waverly and Fairview would be 5. If they are swept by Fairview and sweep Cheatham they are 5th. If they lose three of their last four they could fall to 6th behind MC.

MC can finished in the 5 spot if they sweep Stewart this week and Fairview is swept by CW and Harpeth. If they split with SC, they will be the 6th seed if CW beats SC. If they spilt and SC beats CW, Stewart would be 6th and MC drops to 7th. They could move up to 5th spot if Harpeth is swept by Cheatham and Fairview.

Stewart County can finish no better then 5th, if they win out by sweeping MC and winning one with CW, they can not pass Fairview, even if Fairview gets swept thsi week and next. Fairview swept SC this year so they would get the tie breaker if both finish at 5-9. If they sweep MC they are the 6th seed. If they spilt with MC and win the CW game, they move ahead of MC into 6th.

Cheatham has two with Harpeth and one with Sycamore and should lose all of those to finish in eighth. THey would have to win out and hope that SC and MC split to move up to 6th or 7th. Not likely.

So as i see it heading into the last two weeks of the season:

1 Sycamore vs. 8 Cheatham (almost a bye for the one seed)

2 Creek Wood vs 7 Stewart Co. (could be good with the lefty going for SC)

3 Waverly vs 6 Montgomery Central (always a good game with these two)

4 Harpeth vs 5 Fairview (interesting since this would be the third game in the same week between the two schools)

This was the given day!! Waverly beats Sycamore 5 to 0. Pretty solid game for Waverly. 24 for Waverly pitched the whole game and did a fine job! Waverly's bats came out hot the first inning, then were quite till the 6th. Waverly hit the Sycamore pitcher pretty good but couldn't place. Sycamore's shortstop made a killer error in the 6th inning. Sycamore's outfield was very good. Thats all I have, till someone fires up..