all time great w. tn players

volfan007

the guy from obion central that they referred to as "flip" could be hayes flippen. he had some phenomenal stats.

also, a guy that yall are leaving out is jason harrel from obion central. he was 6'7" and could shoot threes. he played at tennessee tech. and, he is the big brother of justin harrel of ut vols football and is now in the nfl.

also, a guy that some of yall may not know about...from the late 70's and early 80's from bolivar....was elvis mitchell. the fella could shoot the basketball. i have seen him shoot the lights out many a night. the substate game against a team out of memphis...carver i think...elvis hit just about everything he shot. memphis carver also had a superstar player on their team, who went on to play for vandy. i cant recall his name at the moment. but, elvis would hit a shot, then that guy would hit a shot. i believe we went to three overtimes, and that fella from carver hit a shot from the corner as the buzzer went off to win the game. incredible.

oh yeah, bolivar also had jose crisp on that team with elvis. jose was 6'8" and muscular. he was a rebounding machine. he went on to play for jackson st. c.c. and then etsu. and, he led the nation i rebounding at etsu.

Jose thats Camaron,s dad he played at Tennessee St.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bigwebb,

do you mean that cameron crisp played at tn st.? jose played for east tn state. also, are you from bolivar? i graduated from bolivar in 1980.

Jose Crisp played at TSU and was on the same team with Anthony Mason (New York Knicks). He was in the top 5 in the nation in rebounds. Xavier McDaniel (Wichita St.) was #1 and Jerome Lane (Pitt) was #2, I think. Cameron Crisp played at Tennessee Tech.

Here's Cameron Crisp's college resume:

Attended Tennessee Tech University (Ohio Valley Conference) from 2000-2004

As a senior in 2003-2004 averaged 15.4 points(7th in OVC), 2.8 rebounds, and 2.3 assists while shooting 41.8% from the field, 80.3% from the free throw line, and 34.5% from the three point line

Recorded a career high of 30 point against Murray State on March 2, 2004 while setting an OVC record with 8 three point field goals

Named 2nd team All Ohio Valley Conference for the 2003-2004 season

As a junior in 2002-2003 averaged 13.6 points, 3.8 rebounds, 1.6 steals, and 4.5 assists(4th in OVC) while shooting 42.8% from the field, 80% from the free throw line, and 35.9% from the three point line

Named 2nd team All Ohio Valley Conference for the 2002-2003 season

Named to the All Tournament team at the 2003 Ohio Valley Conference Tourney

As a sophomore in 2001-2002 averaged 12.3 points, 3.1 rebounds, 1.2 steals, and 3.8 assists per game while shooting 44% from the field, 76% from the free throw line, and 46% from the three point line

Named 2nd team All Ohio Valley Conference for the 2001-2002 season

MVP of the 1999 Puerto Rico Holiday Classic

stanley caldwell uc (ut) mark griffith uc (ut) cannot whitby obion central ( arkansas) corrie ohnson Hardin cty (etsu) tony delk haywood cny (ky) carlos clark fayette ware (ole miss) justin flat hardin cty (nc state) hicks jackson ns ( ole miss) kirk goreing jackson ns ( lsu) kelvin allen bolivar (memphis st) cameron crisp bolivar ( tennessee tech) brian lake bolivar ( mtsu) willie kemp bolivar (memphis st) wayne chism jackson ss and bolivar ( ut)ashley champion bolivar (ut chatanoga) bobby parks middleton ( memphis) bailey howell midelton ( ole miss) steve hammer middleton (ut) nocheis doaks trenton ( ut chatanoga) reginald delk jackson ns ( miss st and louisville) richard delk ( miss st and troy st) marquis weddle uc (ut martin) brandon springer lake cty ( ut martin) juwan long jackson liberty ( murray st) josh sain jackson liberty ( mtsu) devon jones jackson liberty ( north florida) jerry curry jackson jcm ( iowa st) brian fisk dyer cty ( david lipscomb) trey pearson south fulton ( ole miss) montrell crittedon dyer cty ( mtsu ) ryan wiley bolivar ( david lipscomb ) kyle becton bolivar ( mtsu ) jason black martin westview ( samford ) frank holmes fayette ware ( uab ) xavier hansbro west carrol ( ole miss ) donell maybon covington ( tennessee tech) brandon evans jackson liberty ( east carolina ) mack gardner lexington ( ut martin ) jarvis varnado haywood cty (miss st) desmond yates fayette ware ( mtsu ) justin burdine hardin ct (murray st) mann dyersburg (murray st) I feel this list is over 95% accurate I may have mispelled some names ( sorry about that) and I know I have left sat least a handfull of names of and this dosen't include kids that went to NAIA there are at least just as many that went NAIA I would have to put some thought into listing those kids but nonethe less what this tells me is that rural west tn is a hotbed for mid major talent and players with quite a few going high major there has been a ton of talent to come out of our area if I have missed any feel free to add to this list and ost of these kids have come from the last 10 years which makes this list even more impressive if you really want to go way back this list will really expand hope this is what you were looking for

Marshall Brown-Union City(Union)at one time was Union's All-Time leading scorer(May still be)Marshall is MJ Brown's dad......Antwan Coby-Union City(Lambuth)Antwan is a teammate of Trey Pearson @ Lambuth..Marq Murden-Middleton...Marq had walked-on at Tennessee and saw a little playing time with the Vols in some blow-out wins last year...He's not on the roster this season though...

yea i heard about fry and his battles with Denmark West...also Jason Johnson from Dyersburg was a pretty good baller from West Tn...Matt Hoover was awesome too...Adamsville had a front line that were taller than all the AAA teams...going old school what about Junior Reid from Humboldt...big afro..40 inch vertical and starred at football too