Who's the best in West Tennessee this year

Linedriver

single A ,will be strong with Mckenzie , huntingdon and JCS

Class AA , almost every year , USJ, after that Bolivar , Lexington and Dyer Co,,,what the heck throw in Dyersburg

Class AAA, doesn`t have a standout team yet but Hardin Co usually finds enough good players to give most teams all the game they want

How can you put Hardin Co. in there when theyre not even the best team in their district. I'm pretty sure that for the past two years Brighton has won that district.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2008 should be a good year for baseball in West TN:

Class A - JCS, Huntingdon, McKenzie, Humboldt, Union City

Class AA - Dyer Co., USJ, Lexington, Bolivar, South Side, Dyersburg

Class AAA - Brighton, Liberty, Hardin Co.

Too bad a lot of these teams compete in the same district. I am looking forward to March. Where's the best opening day game this year?

I personally think taht CBHS has more depth than Bartlett in pretty much every category, but that is just me and i think in a series of ten games CBHS would probably win 6 or 7 games. But that is just me personally, because CBHS is deeper at every position.

What a JOKE!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What a JOKE!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

To say that one team would beat the other on a regular basis is a joke. To say that one is deeper in every position and aspect of the game is a joke. They are both talented teams with some similar and different strenghts and weaknesses. If they played there could be several factors...what field? at Bartlett where you can pee over the fence from home plate, Bartlett would have an edge because they are a team full of power hitters and a lazy pop up has the potentional to get out of that park. At CBHS, CBHS would have an edge because they have team speed up and down the lineup and with so much area to cover all over the field (its dimensions are much bigger than Bartlett's) they would be able to capitalize on mistakes easier. Then it depends on who is pitching for either, like I said in an earlier post, put Heath on the mound and Bartlett wins with little run support. Put Steven Thompson on the mound for CBHS and CBHS wins with little run support. The fact of the matter is though, these two teams don't schedule each other and will likely not see each other this spring. It is really irrelevant who would win, the game would play no bearing on the rest of the season. Bartlett is good, CBHS is good, and the fact that they won the AAA and DII state championships speaks volumes for baseball in west TN.

To say that one team would beat the other on a regular basis is a joke. To say that one is deeper in every position and aspect of the game is a joke. They are both talented teams with some similar and different strenghts and weaknesses. If they played there could be several factors...what field? at Bartlett where you can pee over the fence from home plate, Bartlett would have an edge because they are a team full of power hitters and a lazy pop up has the potentional to get out of that park. At CBHS, CBHS would have an edge because they have team speed up and down the lineup and with so much area to cover all over the field (its dimensions are much bigger than Bartlett's) they would be able to capitalize on mistakes easier. Then it depends on who is pitching for either, like I said in an earlier post, put Heath on the mound and Bartlett wins with little run support. Put Steven Thompson on the mound for CBHS and CBHS wins with little run support. The fact of the matter is though, these two teams don't schedule each other and will likely not see each other this spring. It is really irrelevant who would win, the game would play no bearing on the rest of the season. Bartlett is good, CBHS is good, and the fact that they won the AAA and DII state championships speaks volumes for baseball in west TN.

Well spoken!!!!!That's very true.

are you serious..... cbhs is d2 the teams in that division are not as talented as aaa teams...if bartlett was to ever play cbhs bartlett would easily stop the smack talk...wow they won state last year so did bartlett yet bartlett defeated teams such as south doyle,science hill,houston,usj,LEXINGTON CATHOLIC(who was ranked top 20 in the nation),and Farragut...and whose 19th in the nation(bartlett)

it think that lake county wil take it all the way this year i also think they thye will be competing with union city

I personally think taht CBHS has more depth than Bartlett in pretty much every category, but that is just me and i think in a series of ten games CBHS would probably win 6 or 7 games. But that is just me personally, because CBHS is deeper at every position.

are you on CRACK or something all you guys talking about cbhs even being close or better than bartlett must be high....seriously who are yalls stacked players really no one! Bartlett could pitch their 1,2,3,or 4 or their 2 jv aces and beat cbhs 9 out of 10 times no matter what field we play at...yall cant really say cbhs has good hitters when they face the weak pitchers from the schedule they play....these same kids on both teams now have played eachother before on may 16, 2006 in the jv regional championship and the final score was 15-3 (BARTLETT) so they werent better before no way any better now