NY Giants Vs NE Patriots

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that I thought the Giants would be blown away in this game. I give NY a lot of credit, they played lights out on D and the offense made plays when they needed it. I'm not a big fan of the Manning family, but as a parent, I'm glad Archie got to see both his boys drive away from the Superbowl in new Cadillacs. I just hate Randy Moss finally got his head back on straight and he came up short. I've always been a Moss fan. He makes some dumb decisions sometimes, but he really does have some good intentions.

I think Brady's ankle may have been hurt more than they wanted us to know. He missed throws that are pretty routine for him. Moss was open a few times and Brady just missed him. He was very un-Brady like. Plus he had no tape on the ankle, and I think they done that to throw everybody off and it back fired. Even with a small ankle injury most people put a little tape on there as a precaution because they are easy to re-injure. Most of the time it wouldn't have mattered though. Strahan and company were beating the Pats offensive line like they owed them money.

Biggest upset ever? Nope, for me it was and always will be the Jets/Colts. Absolutely NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE (except Joe Willie) saw THAT one coming. I mean, no way was the AFL going to whip up on one of the best NFL teams ever.

I disagree. The only reason the Jets were such big underdogs was because not many people were aware of how good the AFL really was back then. Everyone thought the NFL was the superior league when really the AFL was just as good if not better than the NFL. The Jets were better than the Colts, but the media could not get over the fact they were from the AFL. IMO, this is the most overblown upset in history.

This past Sunday you had a team that was 18-0 against a squad that was 10-6 and from a conference that has been struggling in recent years to bring home the Lombardi Trophy. You had a coach who was 3-0 in the Super Bowl vs. One who was almost fired after the 2nd week of the season. You have a QB that is already a sure fire 1st ballot HOF vs. a QB who up until a few weeks ago was considered a bust. The Giants in all honesty should not of been in that game. But like the old saying goes any given Sunday. The Giants players and coaches believed in their cause, while New England seemed to just walk in and expect the trophy to be given to them. If you think about it, it took the Giants best effort on Defense all season and the Patriots worst offensive showing all season for the Giants to win by 3. This my friend is the biggest upset in history.

Virtually every pundit worth a paycheck thought the Pats would roll. Only the truly delusional thought the Giants would win, admit it! They won because they outcoached, outhit, and out-desired the Pats. I truly think the pressure got to them the last few weeks.

The Pats now have the distinction of being the best team ever not to win a Super Bowl. It is a record that can never be broken.

The only thing I hate is that the freaking Mercury Morris Boys can keep giggling like a bunch of 4th grade girls that they are the only undefeated team. Well at least they can't say they were the best regular season team of all time.

Personally, I think the 62 Packers were the tops, but I have a bias.

Biggest upset ever? Nope, for me it was and always will be the Jets/Colts. Absolutely NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE (except Joe Willie) saw THAT one coming. I mean, no way was the AFL going to whip up on one of the best NFL teams ever.

Do ya think Arch and Olivia are a little proud right about now?

I think the city of Perfectville is located in the State of Annoying, right next to the Jerky River!

I've been a long-time Packer fan (favorite NFC team). The '62 Pack went 13-1 in winning their second consecutive league championship. Their only loss was to the Lions in Week 11. This was the Pack of Taylor, Nitschke, Jim Ringo, Forrest Gregg, Bart Starr, Herb Adderly, Willie Wood, Willie Davis, Henry Jordan, and Paul Hornung - all of them in NFL Hall of Fame. You even had Jerry Kramer kicking and Max McGee punting! They were 4th overall in total offense and 2nd overall in total defense that year (they also had the #1 ranked running attack and the #1 pass defense).

And I beg to differ with Gerry. The AFL was not on a par in most people's minds before the kickoff to Super Bowl III. The Packers in both preceeding Super Bowls wiped out AFL legends Kansas City (35-10) and Oakland (33-14). Both the AFL teams mentioned have the record for most playoff appearances (6), and were dominant teams coming in. The Packers put up points against the hapless defenses, despite only being the 9th and 10th ranked offenses in the NFL. Going into that game, the Colts had destroyed everyone, coming into the game 13-1 during the regular season and were favored by 18 points.

They had just beaten the Browns in the championship game 34-0, and had a defense that had allowed only 144 points all year. There was even talk that the "merger" might not happen, and that the NFL would just pick off the better teams and let the others go away. Other than Joe Willie, no one seriously thought the AFL would make it a game. In the historical context, this is why I say it was a bigger upset the Super Bowl 42. It had NEVER happened before, and afterwards, the whole world (as was the rest of the world at that time) was all shook up.

• 4 weeks later...