MISS BASKETBALL

TIDEFAN

this is among the many things that I have almost put in this thread. Along with. in no particular order:

Have you ever actually watched a basketball game?

Are you five years old?

Are you smoking the catnip again?

Who died and made you Micheal Jordan?

You might not be so retentive if you would back your head out a notch!

just a sampling of the fun things this thread has brought to mind....

Carry on.

hehehe /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> those are good....

Here are a few others I had to go back and delete / edit from my post:

* This is TN girl??™s basketball - not the site for the Jerry Springer show.

* Do high school coaches really think like that?

* Have you ever watched a game more than two blocks from your house?

* I think you are referring to another sport!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A ??“ Kayla Christopher-Oliver Springs

AA ??“ Crystal Riley ??“ Hillcrest or Kacyi Ferris ??“ Smith Co.

AAA ??“Jasmine James-Bartlett or Jasmine Hassell-Wilson Central

DII ??“ Lauren Avant-Lausanne or Glory Johnson-Knox Webb

If it's like football, there will be a winner in both DII-AA and DII-A. Glory is in AA and Lauren is in A so I'd say those are your favorites.

From West TN for candidates you could probably add both D-1 college basketball signees from Briarcrest (can't recall their names) for AA and Sharwil Bell, Lauren's teammate at Lausanne in A. She's a junior while Lauren is a soph. I'm sure there are other candidates in central or east for AA....not so sure there really are any in A b/c I can't really think of a an above average DII-A squad outside of West TN though there may well be one.

I suppose if A needed another candidate, you could add Elizabeth Brooks from SBEC....or to be honest, Lausanne has a couple of other players that are pretty good, too. I've got the feeling Lauren Avent has a hammer-lock on the DII-A Ms. Basketball until she graduates or somebody awesome transfers in or something.

If it's like football, there will be a winner in both DII-AA and DII-A. Glory is in AA and Lauren is in A so I'd say those are your favorites.

From West TN for candidates you could probably add both D-1 college basketball signees from Briarcrest (can't recall their names) for AA and Sharwil Bell, Lauren's teammate at Lausanne in A. She's a junior while Lauren is a soph. I'm sure there are other candidates in central or east for AA....not so sure there really are any in A b/c I can't really think of a an above average DII-A squad outside of West TN though there may well be one.

I suppose if A needed another candidate, you could add Elizabeth Brooks from SBEC....or to be honest, Lausanne has a couple of other players that are pretty good, too. I've got the feeling Lauren Avent has a hammer-lock on the DII-A Ms. Basketball until she graduates or somebody awesome transfers in or something.

I totally agree that Lausanne has some other talented players. I have said that for the past two years. However, if you are referencing DII statewide player of the year - I'm sure the name of Lauren Avant is going to be the front runner in that category to represent her team (and rightfully so). I was under the impression that there would be only one private school category (DII) and not DII-small or DII-large?????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

In my earlier post I mentioned that Catilin House (sp?) of Briarcrest should garner consideration.

hehehe /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> those are good....

Here are a few others I had to go back and delete / edit from my post:

* This is TN girl??™s basketball - not the site for the Jerry Springer show.

* Do high school coaches really think like that?

* Have you ever watched a game more than two blocks from your house?

* I think you are referring to another sport!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Im with ya!

Sharwil Bell of Lausanne is a senior and would be a good candidate. Also from west TN for AAA I think you have to at least consider Sarah Watkins. I don't know of any post player with such a sweet shot. Night in and night out she scores half the points (or more) for her team, no matter who is guarding her.

Most people on here are hard core fans & we mostly see our own area play. It is hard to give an opinion of girls you haven't seen. I have seen a few games (about 5) this year that LA has not played in. The fact is.....this area just puts out good female athletes. It seems like a lot of our girls get their name in there year after year.

I am from Livingston & I think we have the best team in this area. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> In my honest opinion this would be my nominees in A & AA from this area & in this order. Devilish, I hear what you??™re saying about upper classmen getting the honor but I really don??™t think it matters if you??™re a senior or not. The best should win??¦..period!

A

1. Courtney Dyer- Jackson County

2. Laken Leonard- Jackson County

3. Kelly Reed- Clarkrange

AA

1. LaShay Davis- Upperman

2. Molly Eacret- York

3. Kayci Ferris- Smith County

I was under the impression that there would be only one private school category (DII) and not DII-small or DII-large?????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

In my earlier post I mentioned that Catilin House (sp?) of Briarcrest should garner consideration.

You may be right. I just know they had separate Mr. Football's for A and AA in DII....purely a guess on my part for hoops...no facts....so you're probably right on about there only being one. Thanks...couldn't remember Caitlin's name.

Say what? Just because you're winning "some" games in west tn don't believe there aren't better all around players in Single A than whats over there. Jackson County has 3 players that would average over 20 a game with the weak schedule that Bradford plays as does Clarkrange. While this young lady might be a fine young player please dont disrespect the rest of the girls, especially when you're talking about MIDDLE TENNESSEE where we all know the best GIRLS teams in the STATE reside! My money is on Laken Leonard from Jackson County, or Misti Maxwell from Jackson County or Courtney Dyer from.............. you guessed it JACKSON COUNTY!

If your talking single A... but we all know middle tennessee double A and Single A alike dont have anthing on west tennessees District 13AA where the best girls players in the state play ball...

Most people on here are hard core fans & we mostly see our own area play. It is hard to give an opinion of girls you haven't seen. I have seen a few games (about 5) this year that LA has not played in. The fact is.....this area just puts out good female athletes. It seems like a lot of our girls get their name in there year after year.

I am from Livingston & I think we have the best team in this area. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> In my honest opinion this would be my nominees in A & AA from this area & in this order. Devilish, I hear what you?€™re saying about upper classmen getting the honor but I really don?€™t think it matters if you?€™re a senior or not. The best should win?€¦..period!

A

1. Courtney Dyer- Jackson County

2. Laken Leonard- Jackson County

3. Kelly Reed- Clarkrange

AA

1. LaShay Davis- Upperman

2. Molly Eacret- York

3. Kayci Ferris- Smith County

AA

1. Shanequa Gray(Never seen a highschool girls player that commands the ball and the court like her, she will cross you over full speed go behind the back whatever she had to do to get to the rim... and the finishes)

2. Chantelle Poston(hasnt preformed to her level this year(her level is still way above other girls levels) but who can argue with a player going on full ride to Purdue... We will see her on the Espn next season)

Both play for Milan