MISS BASKETBALL

TIDEFAN

Molly Heady of Monterey has got to get a mention. She is the leading scorer and rebounder in the toughest single a district in the state. She is a sophomore and this is the 2nd year in a row that she has led this district. She is doubled and tripled teamed every game, and still manages these type numbers. She also takes very few shots and shoots a very high percentage.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferris is still the better post player and she is nationally ranked at the very top of her position with the sophomore class. I've seen the Hassell girl play and while she is a very good player, she also plays on a very good team. Kayci Ferris averages a double double and almost a triple double without ANY help! Teams put 3 people on her and she still dominates. If she was on a team that could help her just a little she could take her team to the state championship but unfortunately for her Smith Co just isn't that good anymore. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I agree, but she is 6'08", she should be the best. She can nearly touch the rim standing underneath it. How do you not dominate. Not taking from her ability, but she has a gift. It's called heigth. It's like playing a Senior on a city league team. Her accomplishments should not go unnoticed, but they are expected.

6'8" what kind of work does her parents do. We can find a job in the western part of Shelby county for both. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Have mercy. 6'8?

I remember when Bolton had Allison Harrison who was 6'4 and she was good ( played at Union I believe) but 6'8.........that's amazing.

Molly Heady of Monterey has got to get a mention. She is the leading scorer and rebounder in the toughest single a district in the state. She is a sophomore and this is the 2nd year in a row that she has led this district. She is doubled and tripled teamed every game, and still manages these type numbers. She also takes very few shots and shoots a very high percentage.

While Ms Heady is a fine young player and part of what you say is true, however part of it is not. Jackson Co. never double teams her they play her straight up with Amy Anderson at times and Laken Leonard at other times. On the other hand Monterey has tried to double and triple team Laken in the post.

Say what? Just because you're winning "some" games in west tn don't believe there aren't better all around players in Single A than whats over there. Jackson County has 3 players that would average over 20 a game with the weak schedule that Bradford plays as does Clarkrange. While this young lady might be a fine young player please dont disrespect the rest of the girls, especially when you're talking about MIDDLE TENNESSEE where we all know the best GIRLS teams in the STATE reside! My money is on Laken Leonard from Jackson County, or Misti Maxwell from Jackson County or Courtney Dyer from.............. you guessed it JACKSON COUNTY!

Weak Schedule??????Do you realize that 10 out of the last 14 single a state champions came from district 14a... There is no one dominant team beating everyone by 30 every night but district 14a is a very tough district with 8 out of the ten teams able to beat anybody in the district any night.

sbl

PS. Single A Miss Basketball probably from Mid state this year .....Not enough Publicity this way to mount an all out attack for the award

I agree, but she is 6'08", she should be the best. She can nearly touch the rim standing underneath it. How do you not dominate. Not taking from her ability, but she has a gift. It's called heigth. It's like playing a Senior on a city league team. Her accomplishments should not go unnoticed, but they are expected.

That is what makes her so dominant and makes her the BEST. Isn't that what this award is suppose to be for?

not true jimbo. kayci from smith county has not and probably will not play in the boro but she is a contender no doubt. if you were picking a team you would probably have to take her 1st pick.

I would have to disagree completely. (ok....wait, YES she should be a contender)

First off, let me say, as I have said before, I really like the Ferriss kid. I think she is talented, I think she is a good player, and I think she has a bright future in the sport of basketball.

HOWEVER, not only would she NOT be my first pick, she would not even be my 3rd pick.

I am not even naming who I would pick over her, that is not fair, but I can say she would not be my first post player.

[this portion deleted because I thought I might offend someone with it. It really was not that bad, but I am being careful}

In her district I have 3 players ahead of her. Good luck to SC at York tonight. Hope you do well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />