MISS BASKETBALL

TIDEFAN

I haven't seen east or middle tennessee play this year so I'll just name some players that I have seen. Kayci Ferris, Chassidy Fussel, Aubrey Reedy, Gentry Reedy, Heather Butler, and Jeniqua Jennings: These are the players that I think deserve some consideration for Miss Basketball. In Single A, my choice would be Daniellee Proudfit for West Tennessee.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can go to Unapproved Website and find her listed there. I am not from smith co i'm from Jackson Co. so its not a big deal to me just arguing the facts is all!!

I was hoping someone had a link, cause Im having a dang stupid time trying to find it myself. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I firmly believe that she should be in the middle of the conversation for Miss B, but I personally do not feel that she should win it this year.

Anyone who knows me knows that I think very highly of KF, and her abilities. This is not to say that my opinion matters, but it seems that I have ruffled a few feathers by asking a couple questions a week or so ago.

In my top 5 but not first.

I was hoping someone had a link, cause Im having a dang stupid time trying to find it myself. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I firmly believe that she should be in the middle of the conversation for Miss B, but I personally do not feel that she should win it this year.

Anyone who knows me knows that I think very highly of KF, and her abilities. This is not to say that my opinion matters, but it seems that I have ruffled a few feathers by asking a couple questions a week or so ago.

In my top 5 but not first.

If it makes you feel any better, I see exactly where you are coming from. A tall player that just posts up (and is only a couple of inches from the basket) really doesn't have to work that hard. I'm more partial to guards tho. Guards have to break the press, control the game, and play smart. Not that a tall post doesn't, but they can shoot over anybody and don't have to worry about finding the gap and making that perfect pass to get out of a trap.

IN AAA my vote is Jasmine Hassell, Wilson Central, as a junior she is probably the best post player in the state, and maybe one of the best overall. if not the best.

No I think you better take a second look in AAA and don't over look Northeast Point Guard, Kamiko Williams. At 5'11", she not only plays the guard position, she is a heck of a rebounder and defender on the court as well.

Last year this kid averaged 22pts, 11rbs as a Sophmore and her team made it to the state semi-finals. So far this year this kid is averaging about 20pts, 8rbs, 3blk, 9assist a game from the Point Guard position leading her team which is 9-1 in 10AAA District play. So my guess is she has a good chance as anyone when you are discussing who's who in AAA receiving votes for Ms. Basketball.

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Kazeray Dabbs from Perry County should be in the running. She's averaging over 17 points per game and has led her team this season. She recently scored 29 points to lead her team to a victory over Collinwood, who had not been defeated in District 12A. She's is all around a great player and one of the most athletic I've seen in Class A! Not to mention, she is also has a great character and is a team player!

FYI - Scout Girls Hoops Player Rankings.

http://girlshoops.scout.com/a.z?s=209&...=90&yr=2010

Don't know much about this site but these were all the TN players I could find in the

listing

Glory Johnson / Webb School of Knoxville / 6-3ol of Nashville / 15.9 pts

Kristi Nye / University Schohool of Nashville / 5-6

Danielle Rector / Tennessee Temple Academy

Jessica Pace Hillsboro Comp HS / 5-9

Kamiko Williams / Northeast Hs / 5-10 / 15.0 pts

Erin Helton / Cookeville HS / 6-2 / 12.0

Lauren Avant / Lausanne Collegiate School / 5-9 / 12.6

Seems tilted toward private schools and does not seem to have many of the players

mention on this thread.

Don't know much about this site but these were all the TN players I could find in the

listing

Glory Johnson / Webb School of Knoxville / 6-3ol of Nashville / 15.9 pts

Kristi Nye / University Schohool of Nashville / 5-6

Danielle Rector / Tennessee Temple Academy

Jessica Pace Hillsboro Comp HS / 5-9

Kamiko Williams / Northeast Hs / 5-10 / 15.0 pts

Erin Helton / Cookeville HS / 6-2 / 12.0

Lauren Avant / Lausanne Collegiate School / 5-9 / 12.6

Seems tilted toward private schools and does not seem to have many of the players

mention on this thread.

Im still trying to get a link to the Rivals site. The boys player rankings are easy to find, but the girls rankings are tough. I have checked all of the smaller ranking services and they are all just like this one.

It is important to remember one thing. Player rankings are based on a few simple things

1) Stats

2) How they play at Summer Camps

3) Rumor/message board chatter

d) not much else

If a kid hits all of the major camps they are more likely to be ranked higher than a kid who is a much better player, but does not hit the camps. I am not speaking of anyone in the thread when I say that, just stating facts.

When it comes to recruiting rankings, I use two football players to give me all the information I need.

1)Aaron Roberts. HS All-American RB out of Detroit, could run like the wind, had every move in the book and ran over people if he needed to. He was sure to be a Heisman Candidate, and 1st pick in the NFL Draft. On his VERY FIRST run from scrimmage he caught a helmet in the chinstrap, lost 2 teeth, and played only TWO meaningful games the rest of his career at Michigan State

2)Kerwin Bell. Walk-on at UF. He was 4th or 5th string going into the first week of this Redshirt Freshman Year. Injuries, academic casualties, and BAM, Kerwin is starting against Mihammy, and never gave up the starting position the rest of his career.

You never know.

BUT, I was shocked that there were not more of the TN girls on that list.

I'll take a shot at this list however they can only be the players this poster has seen play.

Glory Johnson Knoxville, Webb and while I don't have the name, Webb has another post that is a Jr. that is very good.

Hassell- Wilson Central Take over player, Can't imagine team losing a game with her.

Ferriss- Smith County 6'8" good now and will be great as a Senior in two years.

Williams- Northeast Take over player with no weakness and will hear good things as long as she plays.

Avant- Good player, small school and can make an inpact.

Dyer- Jackson County, an impact player with no weakness and with an eye like a tigeress.

Leonard- jackson county, great player and will hear a lot about the next two years

Owen- Columbia Central Great all around player with a lot of talent

Andrews- Collinwood- Undersized player with good skills.

Pace Hillsboro, great player with all of the skills needed leading team to be undefeated

Helton Cookeville Traditional post with good moves and skills

Icelon Elie- Good size and skills

Jefferson Lavergne Very good skills and good scorer

Swope Riverdale Late bloomer, good scorer, good outside shot.

Faulkner Siegel Good scorer, good defense, good team player, great skills

Wright Siegel Good all round player, great point mentality, makes team better

While some players are players seen in 7AAA, players not mentioned are from Shelbyville, Smyrna, and Mt Juliet whose name is not available.