Lost Old Dad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale history since 04

2004- State Championship

2005- State Semifinals LOSE

2006- Third Round by everybodys favorite the bulldogs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> LOSE

2007- Complete meltdown second round against wilson central LOSE

But the point is even though the recent history shows riverdale is declining not all of that is on coach a. The talent is just plain not as good since dave thomas graduated.

2004- State Championship

2006- Third Round by everybodys favorite the bulldogs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> LOSE

But the point is even though the recent history shows riverdale is declining not all of that is on coach a. The talent is just plain not as good since dave thomas graduated.

The 'talent' IS there, at least it was good enough to BEAT the 'doggies' yet AGAIN! It just goes to prove the power of prayer is real as EVERYONE at Smyrna was praying for WC so they would not have to face R'dale a second time agian last year.

I got your 'decline'! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

While Dave played and gave it his all, he was NOT the entire team. The TEAM of all 100+ is what beat y'all so consistantly. Get to the big dance 6 years in a row and we will talk.

I for one am glad the 'rumor' is apparently false.

The 'talent' IS there, at least it was good enough to BEAT the 'doggies' yet AGAIN! It just goes to prove the power of prayer is real as EVERYONE at Smyrna was praying for WC so they would not have to face R'dale a second time agian last year.

I got your 'decline'! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

While Dave played and gave it his all, he was NOT the entire team. The TEAM of all 100+ is what beat y'all so consistantly. Get to the big dance 6 years in a row and we will talk.

I for one am glad the 'rumor' is apparently false.

Win two and a row and then reply back. You seem to know alot about football but what you don't understand is losing is not always a bad thing. Going undefeated or beating everybody shouldn't be your number one goal. Losing helps teams and we learned that last year and this year but what was the final outcome? Two state championships

Win two and a row and then reply back. You seem to know alot about football but what you don't understand is losing is not always a bad thing. Going undefeated or beating everybody shouldn't be your number one goal. Losing helps teams and we learned that last year and this year but what was the final outcome? Two state championships

it seems like smyrna won both their championships off fate moreso than talent...everything lined up right, the best teams on both sides of brackets getting knocked off early, facing a 10-4 team in the championship in 2006 and a 11-3 team in 2007. i dont remember a time when riverdale got delt a team with more than TWO losses in a championship game.

championships are championships, but its been farfetched since after 2005...

COMBINED LOSSES AMONG TEAMS IN 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES (prior to the game being played)

2007 - 6

2006 - 6

2005 - 3

2004 - 1

2003 - 3

2002 - 2

2001 - 1

2000 - 1

so obviously you will take it as me trying to discredit smyrna, well your right (/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />), but i mean proof is in numbers and thats pretty significant IMO. dont know if 5A is getting weaker, more level and competitive or what. 2007 was definately one of those crazy football years, even in the NCAA you saw a 2 loss team in the championship for the first time.

it seems like smyrna won both their championships off fate moreso than talent...everything lined up right, the best teams on both sides of brackets getting knocked off early, facing a 10-4 team in the championship in 2006 and a 11-3 team in 2007. i dont remember a time when riverdale got delt a team with more than TWO losses in a championship game.

championships are championships, but its been farfetched since after 2005...

COMBINED LOSSES AMONG TEAMS IN 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES (prior to the game being played)

2007 - 6

2006 - 6

2005 - 3

2004 - 1

2003 - 3

2002 - 2

2001 - 1

2000 - 1

so obviously you will take it as me trying to discredit smyrna, well your right (/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />), but i mean proof is in numbers and thats pretty significant IMO. dont know if 5A is getting weaker, more level and competitive or what. 2007 was definately one of those crazy football years, even in the NCAA you saw a 2 loss team in the championship for the first time.

As usual.....tdntn applies the old hammer down.....

2004- State Championship

I respectfully disagree with you ...scotts SR year we had enough talent to win state in fact we have gone to state with less talent than that team had....THIS years team surprised me each week we had the talent to truley compete for state but we lost focus and took WC for granted and was too worried about the game the week after but the talent to go to state and compete was there after all we did beat the state champion and we hammered the team that beat us so the talent is there

I am anxious to see next years tema we have some kids that need tostep up and work hard to continue to achieve our goals and continue the RIVERDALE TRADITION

I`m glad to hear Riverdale will not limit the number of players. The last year JCM was in 5A we had about 100 players total. We also had 4 coaches. That`s a lot of players for 4 coaches who have to basically coach 3 teams (varsity, JV, and freshman) but they got the job done. And we must remember this, 100 players on a team means 100 young men making decent grades in school. They couldn`t be on the team if they were failing.

sounds like we've weathered another crises.

2P, I think everyone is still behind Coach A. There are areas that appear to have slipped since the Rankin staff was on the job but I'm hoping the new staff steps up and manages the program a little better this year. This thing may have been a little bigger than Coach A anticipated. He's obviously a good coach and probably isn't happy with the way a few things were handled either.

Winning by Riverdale standards is a year round job. Interesting that Coach Shad at Smyrna said the same thing regarding the year round effort in a recent interview. He has figured it out and is going to be a formidable opponent from here on out. Last year it looked like at lot of things at Riverdale were just happening and the lack of effort and planning by the staff showed.

There aren't many teams that will have the talent of the 2004 team but I think we have enough talent to win. We have done some great coaching in some areas, offensive line for sure. It's time for Coach A and staff to pull it all together and show that they can plan and organize this thing year round.

Go Warroriors!!!

riverdales record in rematches the last 2 years

ZERO AND TWO

rematches are where coaches have a chance to make adjustments from the previous game.

smyrna in 2006 and wc in 2007 made those adjustments while riverdale rolled out the same plan they used earlier.

coach adeylott is a good coach but he has made it clear he runs what he runs and he has been succesful enough with it that he is not going to change. the wing t you saw in week 1 will be exactly the same wing t you will see in week 10.

now as for smyrna being happy to play wc not riverdale in the playoffs--------------------------------------------- well smyrna did what they had to do and was there waiting for the rematch but------------------------ riverdale never showed up /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

THE! SMYRNA BULLDOGS 2 TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS

AND BACK TO BACK 5A STATE CHAMPIONS, A FEAT NO OTHER PUBLIC SCHOOL HAS EVER ACCOMPLISHED

riverdale

2005 - lost in semis

2006 - lost in quarterfinals*

2007 - lost in second round

2008 - ???