mjuhb Pre-Season Rankings 2008

mjuhb

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that these polls have really anything to do with how teams will perfrom this year...mjuhb im just curious how you do these so called rankings? if its based on last years results and maybe losses of seniors ? but take into consideration that both Science hill and Elizabethton HOSTED the eventual state champions (FARRAGUT, CAK) in the sectional matches yet they both seemed to be ranked quite low in these polls i mean not as much science hill as elizabethton ...i mean seymour,alcoa, and portland all ahead of elizabethton who crushed last years 9th ranked AA team pigeon forge 4-0, ya they lost to CAK 3-0 but a goal was called back and a pk was denied by the post but still...elizabethton lost 3 seniors last year and gained a transfer student from zimbabwe..just no love for the far Eastern TN teams

No. They actually increased the number of regular season games from 15 to 16.

What they DID do was limit the number of scrimmages from unlimited down to just 4. Needless to say, it is a very frustrating situation in pre-season.

Thanks for the info. The team that I follow(from mid-tenn) usually goes east and plays 3 scrimmages in two days. Not this year. Kinda been a tradition, fun trip playing with some great schools and good guys. I am curious regarding TSSAA rationale behind limiting scrimmages????

Agreed BigG but take no credit from ur team..Tremendous Program.. I wont argue that you where the better team by far..

Thanks! I took no offense. You guys had me sweating for a while there! Best wishes on your upcoming season, and we hope to see you all again this spring (but I would rather you come to our place, if that is ok! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

No. They actually increased the number of regular season games from 15 to 16.

What they DID do was limit the number of scrimmages from unlimited down to just 4. Needless to say, it is a very frustrating situation in pre-season.

BigG, I think it was probably a good thing. Last year I saw a team who, when playing their 1st scrimmage, was playing a team that had already had 7 scrimmages. I know practice and scrimmages are important, but there should be limits.