Tri-County Seven - Week of 27 January, 2008

krichunaka

Missed another one, but heard the Lady Warriors beat Johnson County. Not sure the exact score, but heard the Warriors were all over the Longhorns with like 5-6 3's in the 1st quarter. Warriors lead big at the half, but it was a new game in the second half....Johnson Co. started making some buckets they were missing in the 1st. Warriors hung on for the win and I think they play Boone tonight.

has anybody seen any scores from the rest of the tri

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the scores from Tuesday night are now posted on the "scoreboard" link from this site.

Avery County, North Carolina defeated Cloudland by 17 - 63-46.

Happy Valley's win over Johnson County was by 13 - 57-44.

North Greene defeated Hampton by 4 - 60-56; and

Holston postponed, and will probably forfeit to Unaka.

Are Avery Co.'s girls really good?

Yes. Very good. The Lady Vikings are 11-5, having lost to Watauga/Boone twice (48-54; 54-59); to 12-and-1 East Mecklenburg/Charlotte (I'm told one of the very good Charlotte-area teams); to North Buncombe, and last week to Mitchell County.

And, tell your dad I said hi.

Most of the scores from Tuesday night are now posted on the "scoreboard" link from this site.

Avery County, North Carolina defeated Cloudland by 17 - 63-46.

Happy Valley's win over Johnson County was by 13 - 57-44.

North Greene defeated Hampton by 4 - 60-56; and

Holston postponed, and will probably forfeit to Unaka.

Whats with Holston Krich? The first time around, they cancel the boys games, and this time, they call off both. What gives?

Whats with Holston Krich? The first time around, they cancel the boys games, and this time, they call off both. What gives?

I was hoping they'd be able to show up this week, and Mr. Blackburn, the Athletic Director at Holston High, suggested that maybe they could do a make-up, but it doesn't look good, because the Cavaliers have four other games scheduled for this week.

I was hoping they'd be able to show up this week, and Mr. Blackburn, the Athletic Director at Holston High, suggested that maybe they could do a make-up, but it doesn't look good, because the Cavaliers have four other games scheduled for this week.

I mean thats all fine and good that they have other games to play, but the made a comminment to play Unaka. Its just not fair. Unaka show's up up there and playes, but then they won't come down here to play. It $uck$ the most for the boosters, cause thats one less gate, and one less night the consession stand selling goodies. I know some people might not think thats a big deal, but one lost games is ALOT of money lost for a booster club... The same thing happened last year to Unaka. They went up to Mitchell County and played on a COLD snowy evening, but Mitchell County miffed Unaka and canceled their half of the deal. Yet again, lots of lost money... Its just not fair...

I mean thats all fine and good that they have other games to play, but the made a comminment to play Unaka. Its just not fair. Unaka show's up up there and playes, but then they won't come down here to play. It $uck$ the most for the boosters, cause thats one less gate, and one less night the consession stand selling goodies. I know some people might not think thats a big deal, but one lost games is ALOT of money lost for a booster club... The same thing happened last year to Unaka. They went up to Mitchell County and played on a COLD snowy evening, but Mitchell County miffed Unaka and canceled their half of the deal. Yet again, lots of lost money... Its just not fair...

contracts with nice penaltie$ except for Blizzards

Crazzyness, I'm not sure if you remember, the girls went to Holston earlier in the season and we beat them 80-? to 12 or 14, They gave Coach Chambers a hard time about not being able to play JR Varsity players in the Varsity game. Well as you know, we have 9 players, and when you have 9 players the junior varsity has to play varsity. If they had came here first we may or may not have wanted to go there either. Not saying that to be smart! Besides, the boosters probably would not have made that much money anyway and the gate money goes to the school. Any how, as far as Mitchell County, we have been there twice this year, my opinion is next year if they don't come here first, then gas cost too much for that to be a one way street and our team always go there. But, that's the Coach's call. But, now we need to focus on winning Friday's night game! GO LADY RANGERS!

While I agree that all schools should honor contracts, the reality is Holston is struggling to put a competitive team on the court, and, considering their make up games, it's actually fine that they didn't come to Stoney Creek. The game had no reasonable expectation, either competitively, or with gate/concession sales.

Tonight's games: Last week Hampton won home games against North Greene and Unaka, then lost in a very close one at North Greene, Tuesday. Tonight, Cloudland can earn a regular season sweep of the Lady Huskies with a win in Baileyton, and the Lady Bulldogs can sweep at Unaka.

Concerning the title, the Lady Bulldogs loss to University High in Johnson City puts the Lady Bulldogs at a big disadvantage, since the Lady Highlanders and Lady Rangers prevailed there, and Cloudland has concluded its sweep of the Lady Junior Bucs, who play at Unaka next Friday.

So, Hampton, at two-and-three, needs to win at Unaka, pull for the Lady Rangers next Tuesday, then win at home against Cloudland a week from tonight in order to tie the Lady Highlanders for the title. If the Lady Rangers and Lady Highlanders win tonight, Hampton, with four losses, could not win the title due to Cloudland's sweep of University High and the Lady Bulldogs 15 January loss in Johnson City.

If Elizabethton can go win at South Greene, tonight, they'll have to pull for the Lady Blue Devils to beat the Lady Rebels at home next week. If South Greene wins, the Lady Rebels will at least tie for the regular season title. If they win tonight and Tuesday in Erwin, Elilzabethton and Unicoi County will likely tie for second.

Predictions?

While I agree that all schools should honor contracts, the reality is Holston is struggling to put a competitive team on the court, and, considering their make up games, it's actually fine that they didn't come to Stoney Creek. The game had no reasonable expectation, either competitively, or with gate/concession sales.

Tonight's games: Last week Hampton won home games against North Greene and Unaka, then lost in a very close one at North Greene, Tuesday. Tonight, Cloudland can earn a regular season sweep of the Lady Huskies with a win in Baileyton, and the Lady Bulldogs can sweep at Unaka.

Concerning the title, the Lady Bulldogs loss to University High in Johnson City puts the Lady Bulldogs at a big disadvantage, since the Lady Highlanders and Lady Rangers prevailed there, and Cloudland has concluded its sweep of the Lady Junior Bucs, who play at Unaka next Friday.

So, Hampton, at two-and-three, needs to win at Unaka, pull for the Lady Rangers next Tuesday, then win at home against Cloudland a week from tonight in order to tie the Lady Highlanders for the title. If the Lady Rangers and Lady Highlanders win tonight, Hampton, with four losses, could not win the title due to Cloudland's sweep of University High and the Lady Bulldogs 15 January loss in Johnson City.

If Elizabethton can go win at South Greene, tonight, they'll have to pull for the Lady Blue Devils to beat the Lady Rebels at home next week. If South Greene wins, the Lady Rebels will at least tie for the regular season title. If they win tonight and Tuesday in Erwin, Elilzabethton and Unicoi County will likely tie for second.

Predictions?

South Greene over EHS by 10 pts

If Elizabethton wins tonight, they will not have to pull for the Lady Devils next week. A Cyclone win tonight would give South Greene their second conference loss, just as their win Tuesday gave Unicoi Co. its second loss. Elizabethton would just have one loss with a win tonight, and if they could then beat Happy Valley they would own the outright title. In this scenario, if Happy Valley were to upset Elizabethton then the Lady Cyclones would finish in a first place tie with the Unicoi Co./ South Greene winner. Nice try Krich, but it is hard for a true orange-blooded Cyclone to pull for Unicoi Co. I think the key tonight will be keeping Pietrowski on the floor and taking care of the ball. South Greene is real good and it is a very tough place to play. To win, the Cyclones will have to play a great game and battle hard for every possession for a full 32 minutes. I hope the officiating is at least tolerable. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!