TSSAA Officials

yomomma

We beat JC in region tourny the last two years, I said nothing about winning it the last two years. You know nothing about what PC has coming up, you have no idea what transfers are moving up to PC next year. You have no idea the potential of some of these freshman and sophomores, or even two of the 8th graders coming in. I heard this same crap when my class ('05) graduated, everyone said that we (PC) wouldn't be able to finish better than fourth, much less come close to JC.....wrong. You really think we are gonna be the worst team in the district? Monterey isn't very good, RBS is about the same, Clarkrange will be average like always. I don't see it......now I don't think PC will be able to come close to CC but they might be able to play with JC because they lose alot as well. Do you know the last time PC finished last time in the district? Yeah well I was probably like 2 or 3, cause it was sometimes in the 80's, to be honest I don't think I was even born yet. Coach Bibb is the best at developing players in the district. He has turned Joseph Dowdy, Jacob Brown, and Sam Cummings into better players than I personally ever thought they would be......and guess what, those boys are back next year. Stewart Rich when he has been in this year, has looked amazingly better since he came up to high school. Let me tell you why PC's jr. high team has under achieved. Coach Paris, though he was an amazing coach when I played, but in his old age he has lost his edge and isn't the same coach he once was. The team suffers from it, but that doesn't mean their isn't some tallent coming up or that has already came up. This years freshman class will surprise you. They remind me alot of the senior class this year. Two shooters, a good center who need some work, and a strong forward. Keep bashing PC, you may not even be in single A to do anything about it after next year.

James is still a good coach. He gets tons out of those players, boys or girls. He hasn't lost any edge.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one ref that stinks is Ron Sisk!!! wow he is terrible. you can not even speak with him. he cant even get up and down the court. I think you should have a in depth physical to be a ref. we get guys who cant even get up and down the court, and ones that do not know the game. Some of the refs you get have never even played the game... wow its getting bad!!

I know one ref that stinks is Ron Sisk!!! wow he is terrible. you can not even speak with him. he cant even get up and down the court. I think you should have a in depth physical to be a ref. we get guys who cant even get up and down the court, and ones that do not know the game. Some of the refs you get have never even played the game... wow its getting bad!!

just because they never played doesnt mean they can not officiate or ref or umpire the abilty to play doesnt mean they dont have good judgement

What I want to know is how many of the people complaining about officiating has ever tried to officiate a ball game. I had to officiate a JV game a couple of times when the refs didn't show up, and it stinks. It is hard to see everything from their angles. It is real easy to see calls from the bleachers, but on the court during the game it is difficult.

On the other hand officiating needs to be consistent. It doesn't have to be good, as long as it is consistent on both sides of the court. The teams need to adjust to the officiating, and the assistant coaches should be watching each official to see what specifically they look for.

Why then don't we put one of the three refs on the top row of the bleachers with a really loud whistle

so he can see everything as well as all of us in the bleachers !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It would be better use of the refs for sure. Some would actually have to RUN up & down the court to get the proper angles. We could let them be on one side of the gym for one half and on the other side in the second half just to be fair.

Listen my teams are winning this year, so I can honestly say I'm not whining. All in all officiating is getting worse by the day. Not year, day.

I've seen football games that weren't as physical as some BB games I've seen lately. Someone getting hurt pretty bad has to be a concern for many coaches.

James is still a good coach. He gets tons out of those players, boys or girls. He hasn't lost any edge.

James is a good coach, but he isn't the same coach that I played for years back. He isn't the same guy who developed nathan Aaron and john crouch, Adam and andy asberry, josh wright and many others. You can't tell me he hasn't lost his edge because both his girls and boys jr high teams won a combined 1 game. I know he didn't have a load of tallent, but its his job to turn his players into something. The worst mistake Pickett co schools made was letting Steve asberry go to upperman. He developed players at the jr high level (3 state champs in two years) and had players ready to play high school ball as freshman. James is a good coach, for 5th and 6th graders, he's lost his edge on jr high.

James is a good coach, but he isn't the same coach that I played for years back. He isn't the same guy who developed nathan Aaron and john crouch, Adam and andy asberry, josh wright and many others. You can't tell me he hasn't lost his edge because both his girls and boys jr high teams won a combined 1 game. I know he didn't have a load of tallent, but its his job to turn his players into something. The worst mistake Pickett co schools made was letting Steve asberry go to upperman. He developed players at the jr high level (3 state champs in two years) and had players ready to play high school ball as freshman. James is a good coach, for 5th and 6th graders, he's lost his edge on jr high.

While I agree Steve is a good coach, he had much better talent pool than James has had the the last few years. He was a good coach when TC and Jacob were there, or on the girls side when the Wright and Gibson girl was there. The girls were pretty good last year. I saw those girls play this year. They improved greatly from the beginning of the season without great athletes. Don't get me wrong, I measure a lot by w's v. l's but, I also measure by mental growth of the game and I did see that this year. With no disrespect intended, it is hard to win the Kentucky Derby on a mule.

While I agree Steve is a good coach, he had much better talent pool than James has had the the last few years. He was a good coach when TC and Jacob were there, or on the girls side when the Wright and Gibson girl was there. The girls were pretty good last year. I saw those girls play this year. They improved greatly from the beginning of the season without great athletes. Don't get me wrong, I measure a lot by w's v. l's but, I also measure by mental growth of the game and I did see that this year. With no disrespect intended, it is hard to win the Kentucky Derby on a mule.

Given, Steve did have good players, but he developed those players, I know cause I was one of them. I played for Brent Smith, James, and Steve.....James was the best at getting your raw tallent out of you, but his offense is basic and its running it up and down the court trying to get a lay up and then someone shoot it after that. That is great in 5th and 6th grade, but in 7th and 8th you have to have plays, you have to have more than a 2-2-1 full court defense. Now given he just had 2 8th grade boys, who I thought improved greatly over the year and will be even better under a year of Bibb, and he was having to start atleast two 6th graders most of the year. And that group may be the special one, but I'll have to wait two years to see how good they'll be. Even with TC and Jacob there he couldn't win a jr high state championship.

Steve knew how to coach what he had, now given the group we had was special, not everyone wins something like 40 straight games, (29-0) in 2000-01, and wins 3 state championships in 2 years ( 2 James C. Haile's and 1 TNT State tournament), but alot of that was because of Steve. He coached us up, had great defensive schemes, basically made us run the same offensive sets as the high school was at the time, so he not only won championships at the jr high level, he had his players ready to play when they got to high school. We used to kill Upperman when he was here, look at how good they are now that he is their coaching them.

Bad officiating complaints are directly proportional to how bad your team is doing most of the time.

There's always going to be officials that miss calls, officials that like hearing their whistle and officials that have a defective pea in theirs. Watch a middle school or JV game and feel better about the high school officials. There's usually a reason refs aren't getting more high school games.

most of your jv and middle school games are done by local refs some are tssaa refs most arent and as for the jv games the coachs tell the refs how they want it called i think it should be called the same know matter what a foul is a foul a walk is a walk but they tell you to let it slide because the game dont matter it does to the kids but not the coachs

Given, Steve did have good players, but he developed those players, I know cause I was one of them. I played for Brent Smith, James, and Steve.....James was the best at getting your raw tallent out of you, but his offense is basic and its running it up and down the court trying to get a lay up and then someone shoot it after that. That is great in 5th and 6th grade, but in 7th and 8th you have to have plays, you have to have more than a 2-2-1 full court defense. Now given he just had 2 8th grade boys, who I thought improved greatly over the year and will be even better under a year of Bibb, and he was having to start atleast two 6th graders most of the year. And that group may be the special one, but I'll have to wait two years to see how good they'll be. Even with TC and Jacob there he couldn't win a jr high state championship.

Steve knew how to coach what he had, now given the group we had was special, not everyone wins something like 40 straight games, (29-0) in 2000-01, and wins 3 state championships in 2 years ( 2 James C. Haile's and 1 TNT State tournament), but alot of that was because of Steve. He coached us up, had great defensive schemes, basically made us run the same offensive sets as the high school was at the time, so he not only won championships at the jr high level, he had his players ready to play when they got to high school. We used to kill Upperman when he was here, look at how good they are now that he is their coaching them.

Thought this was about TSSAA officials.

most of your jv and middle school games are done by local refs some are tssaa refs most arent and as for the jv games the coachs tell the refs how they want it called i think it should be called the same know matter what a foul is a foul a walk is a walk but they tell you to let it slide because the game dont matter it does to the kids but not the coachs

Not sure where you came up with this information bro...I have been officiating for quite a while now and have NEVER heard ANY coach whether it be JV or middle school or any level in school ball tell the refs how they want the game to be called, and even if they did try and tell them the officials don't answer to the coaches they answer to their assigning supervisors and association supervisors so they wouldnt listen to or cater to what the coaches want. I think maybe you are getting JV and middle school basketball confused with the instructional league at the parks and recreation department or the boys and girls club haha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />