State Duals Pick'em Contest

StarRaider

State Duals Pick'em

AAA Round 1 (1 pt for each correct answer)

Bradley vs. NW Bradley

Hendersonville vs Antioch Hendersonville

Indy vs. Houston Indepedence

Tullahoma vs. Greeneville Tullahoma

Clarksville vs. 'Toppers Clarksville

Willy Blount vs. Cleveland Cleveland

Arlington vs. Blackman Blackman

Overton vs Ooltewah Hooters Ooltewah

Round 2 (2 pts each) - Enter your four semifinalist picks

1 Bradley

2 Indepedence

3 Cleveland

4 Ooltewah

Round 3 (4 pts each) _ Pick the finalists

1 Bradley

2 Ooltewah

Champion (8 pts)

Bradley

Runnerup (4 pts)

Ooltewah

3rd (2 pts)

Cleveland

4th (1 pt)

Indepedence

Little Fellers (A/AA)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

Seymour vs. DL Seymour

Harpeth vs EFT Notre Dame

East Lit vs the Nation Greenback

Hixson vs. Cheatham Hixson

Round 2 (4 pts each) _ Pick the finalists

1 Seymour

2 Greenback

Champion (8 pts)

Seymour

Runnerup (4 pts)

Greenback

3rd (2 pts)

Hixson

4th (1 pt)

Notre Dame

Ronnie Carter's Dumb Mistake (aka Div 2)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

TBSFBAG vs. Big Red Baylor

BA vs SBA BA

FR vs MUS Ryan

McCallie vs. CB CB

1 Baylor

2 Ryan

Champion (8 pts)

Baylor

Runnerup (4 pts)

Ryan

3rd (2 pts)

CB

4th (1 pt)

BA

Tie Breaker:

SpyCatBrown versus keefjam, who wins? Sassylongandlean

Wagering is encouraged. Bribing wrestlers and/or coaches is expected. If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'?„?.

All entries will be hermetically sealed and placed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch on noon Friday. Winner gets a fresca or something similar.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State Duals Pick'em

Bradley

Hendersonville

Indy

Greeneville

Clarksville

Cleveland

Blackman

Overton

1 Hendersonville

2 Indy

3 Clarksville

4 Blackman

1 Hendersonville

2 Clarksville

Champion (8 pts)- Hendersonville

Runnerup (4 pts)- Clarksville

3rd (2 pts)- Blackman

4th (1 pt)- Indy

Little Fellers (A/AA)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

Seymour

Notre Dame

East Lit

Hixson

1Seymour

2East Lit

Champion (8 pts)- East Lit

Runnerup (4 pts)- Seymour

3rd (2 pts)- Hixson

4th (1 pt)- Notre Dame

Round 1 (2 pts each)

MBA

BA

FR

McCallie

1 MBA

2 Father Ryan

Champion (8 pts)- Father Ryan

Runnerup (4 pts)- MBA

3rd (2 pts)- McCallie

4th (1 pt)- BA

Tie Breaker: keefjam

Are you seriously thinking that Hendersonville will beat BRADLEY???

In all actuality, my point was that regardless of where these young men go to school, the legitimacy of their state championship is valid. Why tout which division title means more. Acknowledge the hard work and dedication that these athletes, and their parents, have put into earning these titles.

And yes, it is idiots like "pacman" Jones, Michael Vick and Alan Iverson that our youth see in the limelight. Its products of selfish parents like DeAngelo Williams who ultimately suffer; my son's not going into the draft unless...

The other point was that as parents it is imperative for us to ensure our children are getting a quality education and not just receiving grades because they are athletes. Believe it or not, there are actually parents more concerned with their children attending physical conditioning sessions than they are about them doing their homework.

This is logic I can agree with. Wording can change everything. The first post sounded as an attack on every parent who allowed their child to be recruited to another school for putting athletics before education. Don't think I am nieve to think that there aren't those parents out there that do but making a blanket statement, as was done originally, is an unfair assumption. One that just feeds the stereotype athlete. However, leaving out those that have a well rounded development and used their success for good. There are more of those out there than the stereotype however, because we as a society focus on the negative they are overlooked.

I apologize for my comment about your jealousy because that was making an unfair assumption as well.

Now as for the attack on my education, the words to my original post were no more uneducated than the words to yours. Hopefully you find the words in this post to be much more logical as I did the words in your second post. My mother did ensure that my education always came first. Ultimately in the end it's my education that has provided and continues to provide my source of income.

This is logic I can agree with. Wording can change everything. The first post sounded as an attack on every parent who allowed their child to be recruited to another school for putting athletics before education. Don't think I am nieve to think that there aren't those parents out there that do but making a blanket statement, as was done originally, is an unfair assumption. One that just feeds the stereotype athlete. However, leaving out those that have a well rounded development and used their success for good. There are more of those out there than the stereotype however, because we as a society focus on the negative they are overlooked.

I apologize for my comment about your jealousy because that was making an unfair assumption as well.

Now as for the attack on my education, the words to my original post were no more uneducated than the words to yours. Hopefully you find the words in this post to be much more logical as I did the words in your second post. My mother did ensure that my education always came first. Ultimately in the end it's my education that has provided and continues to provide my source of income.

Duly noted??¦

State Duals Pick'em

Bradley vs. NW Bradley

Hendersonville vs Antioch Hendersonville

Indy vs. Houston Indepedence

Tullahoma vs. Greeneville Greeneville

Clarksville vs. 'Toppers Clarksville

Willy Blount vs. Cleveland Cleveland

Arlington vs. Blackman Blackman

Overton vs Ooltewah Hooters Hooters

1 Bradley

2 Indepedence

3 Cleveland

4 Hooters

1 Bradley

2 Cleveland

Champion (8 pts)

Bradley

Runnerup (4 pts)

Cleveland

3rd (2 pts)

Overton

4th (1 pt)

Indepedence

Little Fellers (A/AA)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

Seymour vs. DL Seymour

Harpeth vs EFT EFT

East Lit vs the Nation East Lit

1 EFT

2 East Lit

Champion (8 pts)

EFT

Runnerup (4 pts)

East Lit

3rd (2 pts)

Seymour

4th (1 pt)

Hixson

Round 1 (2 pts each)

TBSFBAG vs. Big Red TBSFBAG

BA vs SBA BA

FR vs MUS FR

McCallie vs. CB CB

1 Baylor

2 FR

Champion (8 pts)

FR

Runnerup (4 pts)

Baylor

3rd (2 pts)

CB

4th (1 pt)

BA

Tie Breaker:

SpyCatBrown versus keefjam, who wins?

SpyCatBrown uses The Ginger to pin Keefie late in the third while trailing 18-5, giving up 4 penalty points for stalling a TNA style illegal headlock and a WWF body slam, 4 caution points for 6 false starts, and using the full amount of blood time and 89 seconds of injury time. Walkenvol and RMC are the referees and generally do a poor job, showing a clear bias towards SpyCat.

Wagering is encouraged............Done. I'm taking BCB's paycheck on the D-II final.

Bribing wrestlers and/or coaches is expected............. Done. See results of D-II final.

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'?„?......................... Guilty on both counts.

All entries will be hermetically sealed and placed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch on noon Friday. Winner gets a fresca or something similar...................... I'll take the similar. Anything is better than Fresca.

State Duals Pick'emAAA Round 1 (1 pt for each correct answer)Bradley vs. NW BradleyHendersonville vs Antioch HendersonvilleIndy vs. Houston IndepedenceTullahoma vs. Greeneville TullahomaClarksville vs. 'Toppers ClarksvilleWilly Blount vs. Cleveland ClevelandArlington vs. Blackman BlackmanOverton vs Ooltewah Hooters OoltewahRound 2 (2 pts each) - Enter your four semifinalist picks1 Bradley2 Indepedence3 Cleveland4 OoltewahRound 3 (4 pts each) _ Pick the finalists1 Bradley2 OoltewahChampion (8 pts) BradleyRunnerup (4 pts)Ooltewah3rd (2 pts)Cleveland4th (1 pt)IndepedenceLittle Fellers (A/AA)Round 1 (2 pts each) Seymour vs. DL SeymourHarpeth vs EFT Notre DameEast Lit vs the Nation GreenbackHixson vs. Cheatham HixsonRound 2 (4 pts each) _ Pick the finalists1 Seymour2 GreenbackChampion (8 pts)SeymourRunnerup (4 pts) Greenback3rd (2 pts) Hixson4th (1 pt)Notre DameRonnie Carter's Dumb Mistake (aka Div 2)Round 1 (2 pts each) TBSFBAG vs. Big Red BaylorBA vs SBA BA FR vs MUS RyanMcCallie vs. CB CBRound 2 (4 pts each) _ Pick the finalists1 Baylor2 RyanChampion (8 pts)BaylorRunnerup (4 pts)Ryan3rd (2 pts)CB4th (1 pt)BA Tie Breaker:SpyCatBrown versus keefjam, who wins? SassylongandleanWagering is encouraged. Bribing wrestlers and/or coaches is expected. If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'?„?.All entries will be hermetically sealed and placed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch on noon Friday. Winner gets a fresca or something similar.

I concur thats the way my bracket worked out.

The match I wanting to see is East Lit vs Greenback Nation. Talk about clash of cultures. City vs Country.

My to Fav small schools going against each other. Good luck to both and congrats to their coaches hard work to get their teams there.

Little Fellers (A/AA)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

Seymour vs. DL Seymour

Harpeth vs EFT EFT

East Lit vs the Nation East Lit

1 EFT

2 East Lit

Champion (8 pts)

EFT

Runnerup (4 pts)

East Lit

3rd (2 pts)

Seymour

4th (1 pt)

Hixson

SpyCatBrown versus keefjam, who wins?

SpyCatBrown uses The Ginger to pin Keefie late in the third while trailing 18-5, giving up 4 penalty points for stalling a TNA style illegal headlock and a WWF body slam, 4 caution points for 6 false starts, and using the full amount of blood time and 89 seconds of injury time. Walkenvol and RMC are the referees and generally do a poor job, showing a clear bias towards SpyCat.

Wagering is encouraged............Done. I'm taking BCB's paycheck on the D-II final.

Bribing wrestlers and/or coaches is expected............. Done. See results of D-II final.

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'?„?......................... Guilty on both counts.

All entries will be hermetically sealed and placed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch on noon Friday. Winner gets a fresca or something similar...................... I'll take the similar. Anything is better than Fresca.

Thanks Dad. I tell you what, just when you think you got someone pegged out comes the monkey wrench. If your pick on the ONLY DUAL THAT REALLY COUNTS is correct, we will be eating at Bea's and enjoying a cool refreshment at The Cat for all three days on me, while you're in beautiful Chatt Town.

Now as far as taking my money........... Do you want the 8 points that I was willing to give you earlier? I strongly feel that that purple team will go down as hard as Ma Bell and Mrs Raider76 did in the so called " Battle of the Babes" Take my advice and lay off this one, cause it ain't going to be pretty.

I am thinking about coming to the home of the Purple Team this evening to watch Mr Whitaker take on Jeff Francis and then head off to Clarksville to catch my 2nd favorite team take on Blackman. Do you think you could get me a pass? I'm sure that I will be received with open arms since I am a fish eater, won't I ?

Loading up the Pinto and fittin to head that way. Springsteen, The Ohio Players, Sugar Hill Gang, Jimmy Buffett and Marvin Gaye will be tagging along for the trip.

Don't worry Uncle Buck if you forget your beads, I'll have plenty.

Love My Irish

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Thanks Dad. I tell you what, just when you think you got someone pegged out comes the monkey wrench. If your pick on the ONLY DUAL THAT REALLY COUNTS is correct, we will be eating at Bea's and enjoying a cool refreshment at The Cat for all three days on me, while you're in beautiful Chatt Town.

Now as far as taking my money........... Do you want the 8 points that I was willing to give you earlier? I strongly feel that that purple team will go down as hard as Ma Bell and Mrs Raider76 did in the so called " Battle of the Babes" Take my advice and lay off this one, cause it ain't going to be pretty.

I am thinking about coming to the home of the Purple Team this evening to watch Mr Whitaker take on Jeff Francis and then head off to Clarksville to catch my 2nd favorite team take on Blackman. Do you think you could get me a pass? I'm sure that I will be received with open arms since I am a fish eater, won't I ?

Loading up the Pinto and fittin to head that way. Springsteen, The Ohio Players, Sugar Hill Gang, Jimmy Buffett and Marvin Gaye will be tagging along for the trip.

Love My Irish

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I thought that fish thing did not start till next week

I concur thats the way my bracket worked out.

The match I wanting to see is East Lit vs Greenback Nation. Talk about clash of cultures. City vs Country.

My to Fav small schools going against each other. Good luck to both and congrats to their coaches hard work to get their teams there.

New rule: No piggybackin' on BL's picks! (i was afraid the coacht guru would make his picks then have all the wannabes jump on the BL bandwagon).

And BL gets a free bonus similar for an excellent tiebraker description.

Love My Irish

bcb iii

Yes, Little Butterfly, I had an epiphany of sorts. My dad, Pez and Bratcher each appeared to me in dreams on three consecutive nights to advise me that I would be forced to spend an extra 20 years in purgatory for my imprudence if I were to bet against EFT without falling under the "no dog in the hunt" exception. That while not quite a mortal sin, this would be deemed to be a major, major venial sin by the Big Guy Upstairs who, they learned soon after their arrival, is an Irishman. So, I'm on the EFT bandwagon.

FYI---the "no dog in the hunt" exception applies only if you have a child, spouse or other relative, child of a former girl friend/boyfriend, or child of the banker holding the mortgage on your home, wrestling for the opposing team.

That same crew reminded me, their non-Irish purple team color notwithstanding, that FR did call themselves Irish, that Ryan is an Irish name, and that the school originated as one solely for our mackerel snapping brothers, and that BSFBAG has always been considered a mortal enemy of the Irish, whether green or purple ( notwithstanding their having a red-headed kid with with the Irish surname of Leen who was a pretty fair wrestler for them a few years back), had stolen away coaches that won state championships at Irish schools and coached the last EFT team to beat TBSFBAG, as well as children of former athletes (including a certain state wrestling champion) at Irish schools, and that I should do everything and anything to slow down their wrestling juggernaught..........that the Big Guy Would look favorably on that and perhaps forgive some of my past transgressions that numerous priests have told me it is not within their powers even under the sacrement of confession to do. So, I'm going to take your 8 points and your money and stick with Ryan to prevail in their House of Purple Pain.

As for that free pass, its out of the question. You could not get in for free even if you arrived with a fish sandwich in hand. Your ugly mug has been posted on the door of the gym for all to see as a paid mouthpiece for the Red Mist. Gatekeepers have been told to charge you double and give you the worst seat in the house...........I think it is in the bathroom to the left as you enter the gym.

Go Irish------in both places!

Dad

Ok I have printed out the entries and all 17 pages, sans D1/D2 commentary and obligitory bcb bashing, have been placed in the jar on the porch. Standings will be posted as updates are available.

Entries:

StarRaider Jan 28 2008 - 07:42 PM

mhhjnh Jan 29 2008 - 07:36 AM

bear cat brown Jan 29 2008 - 10:29 AM

wrestlerbk160 Jan 29 2008 - 06:36 PM

Wrestler12 Jan 29 2008 - 09:57 PM

numba238 Jan 30 2008 - 12:38 PM

SportsFan115 Jan 30 2008 - 12:58 PM

Bobcat Jan 30 2008 - 01:01 PM

GEAUXVOLS Jan 30 2008 - 01:09 PM

ru4mocs Jan 30 2008 - 06:48 PM

BoroRef Jan 31 2008 - 11:33 AM

tnko Jan 31 2008 - 07:58 PM

timbdp Jan 31 2008 - 10:05 PM

BayouBear Jan 31 2008 - 11:07 PM

BuckLateral Feb 1 2008 - 08:01 AM

If I missed anyone let me know.

New rule: No piggybackin' on BL's picks! (i was afraid the coacht guru would make his picks then have all the wannabes jump on the BL bandwagon).

And BL gets a free bonus similar for an excellent tiebraker description.

Ouch, Wannabe! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I filled out my bracket when it came out. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

But hay a new CoachT rule has to be honored! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />