Official Miss Basketball Ballot in my hands

CoachT

My nominees are as follows: A- Danielle Proudfit or Stefanie Riggs

AA- Gentry Reedy

AAA- that girl from Millington

Danielle Proudfit may get nominated but there are too many from out East. Danielle is a very good player but IMO the only way she wins it is if 2 players from East TN are nominated and the AP votes are split in the East between those 2 and all of West TN AP votes Danielle.

AA will not be Gentry. I know she is very good but if anyone from Dist. 13AA were to be nominated it should be Purdue signee Chantel Poston. She is the most complete player around here and her athletic ability helps quite a bit. She has no problem getting to the basket and has the ups to take it up hard when she is there. She also has no problem nailing the mid-range jumpers. She can shoot the 3 ball as well.

I'm not very familiar with AAA ball as I've seen very few AAA girls teams play this year. I did see Millington play and I must say Ashlee Robinson (coachgat, is that right?), is just as athletic as Chantel Poston from Milan. Very athletic and can play!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach17 I think there are several out of the East Worthy not just Pietrowski and if I am correct South Greene's 2 top dogs had fouled out in the 4th quarter and SG still pulled out a win.

See my previous post on page two of this thread, where I mentioned multiple East Tennessee players. South Greene was extremely fortunate to pull out their last win over Elizabethton. They will likely meet again in the District or Regional tournaments. I have said nothing to detract from the fact that South Greene is good, but Pietrowski is a legitimate D1 prospect.

AA- Still say Lashay Davis at Upperman. Had another great game last night in Macon County. Scored 27 of the 59 points. Good shooter, good defense player just a great all around player. I have noticed a couple of posts from Kreager at the Nashville Tennessean about her lately saying Lashay Davis is the real thing. She can go to the hoop as well as shoot the 3-pointer. Seeing her play makes you love the game. You can tell it is something that just comes natural for her and that she enjoys the game.

ive watched alot of girls basketball over the years. my mom played at pickett county and i remember those great teams with doe garrett and perry huckaby. i loved watching the great clarkrange teams with shawn monday, the rickman teams with missy hammock(spelling on some of these may not be correct). i still watch alot of games and watching laken leonard from jackson county reminds me of all these great players. she can take over a game as these girls did. she plays post and guard and anywhere else on the floor. her 3 point shooting is very impressive as well as her ability to take the ball to the hole. she is a team player, very unselfish. i dont know her stats but im sure she leads in most, including steals. my understanding is that she is a straight A student as well. this is all very impressive from such a very young lady. and no im not from jackson county, im actually from red boiling springs and i hate that we lost her but that doesnt change the fact that she is a great player and an ideal selection for class a miss basketball.

Erin Helton(Cookeville) was on that team.

I don't think Jasmin Hassel finished the AAU season with them, I think she went with the (shoe ) exposure team.

LAKYN is a very good player.

Lakyn played with Laken Leonard, Jasmine Hassel, and LaQuinta Jefferson two summers ago. They placed 3rd in the national tournament. That was the summer after her freshmen year.

AA- Still say Lashay Davis at Upperman. Had another great game last night in Macon County. Scored 27 of the 59 points. Good shooter, good defense player just a great all around player. I have noticed a couple of posts from Kreager at the Nashville Tennessean about her lately saying Lashay Davis is the real thing. She can go to the hoop as well as shoot the 3-pointer. Seeing her play makes you love the game. You can tell it is something that just comes natural for her and that she enjoys the game.

She reminds me of Beechboard, the way she takes it to the hoop, but with better outside shooting. KB developed her outside shot just before her senior year.

Lashay has had the outside shot since middle school..

Both are/were fun to watch.

Lashay can be a show, by herself.

Rachel Glidden from Richland. 1500+ points, 500+ rebounds, 500+assist. She has done this while playing on teams that also have another 1200+ point score and another who is nearing the 1000 pt mark in her career. Her teams have won 98 games to date in her 4 yrs, 3 district championships and one sub-state appearance in what most would consider one of if not the toughest regions in the state...6A. She has also signed to play for the Lady Eagles at TN Tech University.

I have to agree about Rachel. She is a great all around player and a major catch for T. Tech. With the right coaching in college, she could achieve great things. I hope her coach in college encourages, or requires her, to shoot more. She is so unselfish that she kills her own stats sometimes. But I guess that is what makes her such a great team player. Plus she can rebound like all get out. She will do great things in college.

Good Luck Rachel. Sorry I have not been out to see you play more this year. I will watch on you ESPN one day. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with ptguard12 on the choice of Lesley Daniel from Collinwood instead of Abby Andrews also from Collinwood. Based just on this years play (which it should be), Daniel has shown she is the better player.

In what dream world are you living in??? This is based on what.........obviously not on any common sense??? Are you part of her family or is this the SuperMoron Coach Morris talking???? Please explain how you can say she's the BETTER player. The more frequent shooter, but not the better player!!!!! Not only does that remark do a disservice to Ms. Andrews, but it also does a disservice to Ms. Daniel. That's pressure I'm sure she doesn't want or deserves. The TEAM concept is something that Coach M knows nothing about and posts like yours only adds fuel to the fire. Please don't divide them more than they already are.

In what dream world are you living in??? This is based on what.........obviously not on any common sense??? Are you part of her family or is this the SuperMoron Coach Morris talking???? Please explain how you can say she's the BETTER player. The more frequent shooter, but not the better player!!!!! Not only does that remark do a disservice to Ms. Andrews, but it also does a disservice to Ms. Daniel. That's pressure I'm sure she doesn't want or deserves. The TEAM concept is something that Coach M knows nothing about and posts like yours only adds fuel to the fire. Please don't divide them more than they already are.

Both are deserving players. Two different types of players. Both have great families.