Nashville Christian new #3 in 1A

Legend

who cares lets let the tourney decide.... if NCS balls in region maybe they deserve what they got but right now (with the schedule they have played) there is nothing to really compare to

im interested to see how it plays out.. personally i dont think they'll make it much farther only time will tell

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought: How are there so many people saying teams they have seen play are better, and will clearly beat, teams they have not seen? Wouldn't you have to see the other team to compare them? I have seen NCS, and I can compare them to past teams and other teams I have seen play in other places, and from that I believe they are very good; they do a lot of things very well; and they are very well coached. But I have no way of comparing them to any of the other regions' teams this year, because I have not seen them (except Cascade and Columbia Academy).

Another question: Do the four games NCS played in FL hurt their Coach T strength of schedule? Seems that those teams would show as 0-1 in Coach T's calculation, or maybe 1-1 for the team that also played Centenial. Wouldn't having four no or one win teams kill their strength rating?

Everyone keeps bringing up the strength of schedule, I'd like to shed some light.

NCS is the 100th toughest schedule in A, which is not very good I'll give you that. However look at the other "ranked" teams that have been mentioned on here:

Union City 60th

Moore Co. 63rd

Culeoka 72nd

Summertown 82nd

Manassas 93rd

Lake Co. 96th

Yes, they're better than NCS's but it's not like they are playing so much better competition. So why are these teams "on another level", but the teams they play aren't necessarily better? I'm not saying that NCS can beat all the teams mentioned above, but I am saying that maybe the teams are closer than people think. I guess all I'm really trying to say is, just because NCS has only played 2 teams with winning records doesn't mean they have had a much easier road than the other teams.

Also, goos luck to all the teams in the District and Region tournements.

Manassas is the only team that has play 15 games -VS- teams with winning records. I dont buy 93rd. + this is in the state not in 1A How could UC be only 60 when they have played 4 game -VS- top 5 ranked teams in 1A. I like what you tried to do just dont buy it at all.

Manassas is the only team that has play 15 games -VS- teams with winning records. I dont buy 93rd. + this is in the state not in 1A How could UC be only 60 when they have played 4 game -VS- top 5 ranked teams in 1A. I like what you tried to do just dont buy it at all.

Just curious here, does anyone know what the student enrollment totals are for the TOP 10 schools in 1A.. 9-12 ?

Just a thought: How are there so many people saying teams they have seen play are better, and will clearly beat, teams they have not seen? Wouldn't you have to see the other team to compare them? I have seen NCS, and I can compare them to past teams and other teams I have seen play in other places, and from that I believe they are very good; they do a lot of things very well; and they are very well coached. But I have no way of comparing them to any of the other regions' teams this year, because I have not seen them (except Cascade and Columbia Academy).

Another question: Do the four games NCS played in FL hurt their Coach T strength of schedule? Seems that those teams would show as 0-1 in Coach T's calculation, or maybe 1-1 for the team that also played Centenial. Wouldn't having four no or one win teams kill their strength rating?

Actually, you have made a very good observation here. The four games they played in Florida aren't accurately reflected in their schedule strength. Because they are not accurately reflected in their schedule strength, no one can accurately say that NCS has the 100th toughest schedule. From what I hear, the teams in Florida, like McClay and others, are very solid basketball teams with a lot of size in their inside game.

now that dont matter if you are single A then you are single A

Thanks for your input but you obviously don't know the answer to my question. I am interested in knowing the enrollments of the schools. I understand the classifications in place but wondering what the range is for the schools in the top 10 1A. The only time it really matters is if a school has an enrollment of 450-550 kids still playing in 1A. Then there is a problem and it does matter. But since you don't know the answer and dont see the relevance of my question any further inpt from you would be a waste of time on your part.

i must be crazy to respond to this,

heck, i was crazy to even read part of it.

but i seem to be about the only one who has seen all of these teams play

(well, almost all, i havent seen molasses)

those are some good single a teams.

good personnel & good coaching.

but none are without their strengths and weaknesses.

on the right night i think any of them could beat any of the others.

whose shots fall?

who can control the tempo?

who gets a couple of tough calls on the wrong guy?

who has the perfect game plan for the night?

(of course with a coach like coach anderson

you'd be a fool to count him out if he assembled his team out of middle schoolers last week.)

any of these teams could take it all.

but what makes this thread truly crazy.

not a one of those teams is so good that their ticket to the boro is as good as punched.

(hope that dont hurt any feelings)

i must be crazy to respond to this,

heck, i was crazy to even read part of it.

but i seem to be about the only one who has seen all of these teams play

(well, almost all, i havent seen molasses)

those are some good single a teams.

good personnel & good coaching.

but none are without their strengths and weaknesses.

on the right night i think any of them could beat any of the others.

whose shots fall?

who can control the tempo?

who gets a couple of tough calls on the wrong guy?

who has the perfect game plan for the night?

(of course with a coach like coach anderson

you'd be a fool to count him out if he assembled his team out of middle schoolers last week.)

any of these teams could take it all.

but what makes this thread truly crazy.

not a one of those teams is so good that their ticket to the boro is as good as punched.

(hope that dont hurt any feelings)

Very well said. I agree 100%

Thanks for your input but you obviously don't know the answer to my question. I am interested in knowing the enrollments of the schools. I understand the classifications in place but wondering what the range is for the schools in the top 10 1A. The only time it really matters is if a school has an enrollment of 450-550 kids still playing in 1A. Then there is a problem and it does matter. But since you don't know the answer and dont see the relevance of my question any further inpt from you would be a waste of time on your part.

He could have known the answer and seen you had a good point and was sarcastic in his answer trying to make it seem as if it was a dumb question.

According to TSSAA website:

Enrollment:

Humboldt - - 534

CSAS - - 464

Union City - - 442

Manassas - - 386

Middleton - - 339

Moore Co. - - 261

Culleoka - - 229

Lake Co. - - 224

NCS - - 170

Temple - - 127

I thought those would be the important ones!

Thanks for the information. Pretty much what I expected....interesting gap between some of those schools in the top ten. Anyone who thinks a school with 440-530 kids to choose 15 basketball players from doesn't have a true advantage over a school that has 127 kids to choose from just isn't in touch with reality. Doesn't mean that smaller schools can't compete with larger schools but certainly makes it more difficult to do year in year out. Thanks again for those numbers.