Who's Next at Franklin County?

TowMater

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stated on the radio this morning in winchester that Tracy Hayworth former F.C./Tenn /Detroit Lions is interested in head coach job at F.C.

Also stated A. London former Tullahoma/Alabama and I think Detroit Lions (somebody will know for sure) has expressed interest.

London did play for the Lions and at Bama on the last National title team. I know Tracy and he was a great player and a good man, but I don't know about being the HC. I don't think he's ever been an HC. I haven't talked to him since '98 so maybe he has been an HC but I don't think he ever has at any level. Hard for a guy starting out with know exp. as HC to take this job. Now I'm not saying he couldn't do it but it would be an up hill battle. What about London? He coached any where??

Hi Folks, Whats the odds of McCurry being the next coach at Franklin Co.? Franklin Co. people that I know seem to think he is going to be hired within the next few days? If he is hired do you think he could produce a winner at FCHS?

There is no doubt that McCurry would produce a winner at FCHS if he were the HC there! He has won everywhere he has been. Just look at the numbers.

Who is McCurry? Does he coach in the area somewhere? My biggest concern is of course, winning, but also , is he a good man that wont put winning ahead of character, ethics, and morals? This last staffs language was a bit........harsh.

Harsh? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Did the TRUTH hurt their feelings? Break out the pink pom poms it is time for Powder Puff football at FC! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

McCurry is currently Coaching in Mississippi I think. Unless he IS the second coming of Bear Bryant or Vince Lombardi it will NOT help FC until the 'STARS' in the halls actually quit believing their own reps which only they believe and actually go out and WORK!

On the team you have now you have players who know the meaning of hard work and team work and what it takes to actually win instead of sitting in the stands and running their mouths about how it would be so much better 'if' they were playing.

Plain fact is football IS harsh. Better to hear it from their own coach than being surprised when someone smashes them in the mouth.

London did play for the Lions and at Bama on the last National title team. I know Tracy and he was a great player and a good man, but I don't know about being the HC. I don't think he's ever been an HC. I haven't talked to him since '98 so maybe he has been an HC but I don't think he ever has at any level. Hard for a guy starting out with know exp. as HC to take this job. Now I'm not saying he couldn't do it but it would be an up hill battle. What about London? He coached any where??

London is Coaching in Alabama, his nephew is on the F.C. team. Word is he's not going to apply.

Who is McCurry? Does he coach in the area somewhere? My biggest concern is of course, winning, but also , is he a good man that wont put winning ahead of character, ethics, and morals? This last staffs language was a bit........harsh.

Okay, I don't know where you get your information, but Britton never, ever cussed the players. NEVER!! Like him or not no need to say stuff that's not true. Heard from one of Mac's friends. He stated he is interested in coming back to Tennessee (He is in Mississippi) if the money is right. Don't know if they approached him though. Mantooth has moved on to administation and I don't see him coaching anymore. He seem pretty content. He would be an excellent A.D.

Harsh? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Did the TRUTH hurt their feelings? Break out the pink pom poms it is time for Powder Puff football at FC! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

McCurry is currently Coaching in Mississippi I think. Unless he IS the second coming of Bear Bryant or Vince Lombardi it will NOT help FC until the 'STARS' in the halls actually quit believing their own reps which only they believe and actually go out and WORK!

On the team you have now you have players who know the meaning of hard work and team work and what it takes to actually win instead of sitting in the stands and running their mouths about how it would be so much better 'if' they were playing.

Plain fact is football IS harsh. Better to hear it from their own coach than being surprised when someone smashes them in the mouth.

Actually Britton introduced Powder Puff to F.C. Had the girls play during Home Coming Week. I wish some of them would have came out for the team..lol