Who's Next at Franklin County?

TowMater

Just hang on...if everything works out, the new coach will be in place soon. A lot of FC folks would love to have him. He could mend fences. He is a class act and runs a tight ship. That is what FC needs at this time.

That's good to hear. We need a great coach right now. Hope you know what you're talking about.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest assured, Flatt will ONLY take a job that has PLAYERS (that can continue the legacy).......therefore this will NOT happen! If the PLAYERS were there.................Britton would still be there!!

Franklin County is going through a rough patch right now..................you had a good man in Mantooth, but separated from him. It will be very interesting to see who will TAKE the job..............very interesting!!

I am familiar with most of the names on the list............but who is Melton??

ole

Players, what a joke! Franklin Co. has more players walking the halls than most schools have playing. With the players they had last year they should have finished no worse than 2nd in that region. For what ever reason the players would not play for Britton. There is several coaches that would love to have that job if the system would let them coach. Don't waist your time on Flatt, he will do yall the same way he did Moore County.

Players, what a joke! Franklin Co. has more players walking the halls than most schools have playing. With the players they had last year they should have finished no worse than 2nd in that region. For what ever reason the players would not play for Britton. There is several coaches that would love to have that job if the system would let them coach. Don't waist your time on Flatt, he will do yall the same way he did Moore County.

What happen at Moore County?

I'm not even a Franklin County fan and I can tell you the talent is there. I've seen them play, and never seen such bone head coaching. Any decent coach can win at FC.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some of us DID see the 'super players' you are so proud of. First off the main problem with them was while big, they were SLOW and WEAK! I have also seen what Coach Britton's weight program CAN do with weak players who wants to actually work. Ask ANYONE in the state if they EVER considered R'dales line weak......please I DARE you! They were some of the strongest in the state because they worked HARD to get that way with NO STEROIDS!

Second was it 'bone headed' Coaching that led y'all to beating a far superior Cookeville team year before last?

One alluded that there are atheletes walking the halls there. Yes there are because I watched them in the stands. NO coach will drag kids out of the halls no matter what school they are at. Coaches want kids who actually want to work and play. What Britton gave them was the opportunity to come out and prove themselves, but they either did NOT want to work or had the guts to come out and try.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some of us DID see the 'super players' you are so proud of. First off the main problem with them was while big, they were SLOW and WEAK! I have also seen what Coach Britton's weight program CAN do with weak players who wants to actually work. Ask ANYONE in the state if they EVER considered R'dales line weak......please I DARE you! They were some of the strongest in the state because they worked HARD to get that way with NO STEROIDS!

Second was it 'bone headed' Coaching that led y'all to beating a far superior Cookeville team year before last?

One alluded that there are atheletes walking the halls there. Yes there are because I watched them in the stands. NO coach will drag kids out of the halls no matter what school they are at. Coaches want kids who actually want to work and play. What Britton gave them was the opportunity to come out and prove themselves, but they either did NOT want to work or had the guts to come out and try.

While I like Coach Britton as a man and a coach I tend to agree with some of the other poster I watched several games this year and see no reason that Franklin county did not win that region. They have far more athletes than any other school in region 3. I think Coach Britton was just in over his head. It would be hard to go from coaching a possition to a head job without at least being a coordinater first. I also want to ask you LOD has the line play dropped off any at the Dale since Britton has left. I have not seen any drop so do you think it could be the players and not the coach that made that line so great. Just a thought.

I have nothing against Britton....the atheletes were on the field...they just didn't know what to do. By the way, what ever happened to Brent Brock? Is he still coaching in

fc?

While I like Coach Britton as a man and a coach I tend to agree with some of the other poster I watched several games this year and see no reason that Franklin county did not win that region. They have far more athletes than any other school in region 3. I think Coach Britton was just in over his head. It would be hard to go from coaching a possition to a head job without at least being a coordinater first. I also want to ask you LOD has the line play dropped off any at the Dale since Britton has left. I have not seen any drop so do you think it could be the players and not the coach that made that line so great. Just a thought.

There's not been a drop in line play since Britton left, BUT with the majority of the linemen at R'dale sighning scholarships yesterday, that may be more of a factor than coaching. Now that R'dale is gonna replace four or five linemen, let's see what happens. With that heralded line, R'dale should have been state champs! I think the majority of the R'dale fans would agree with me that had Rankin had that line, they would have that #5 ring they're looking for.

My point is that Britton was a HUGE factor in the four rings R'dale has. Ya'll didn't give him enough time.

Won't know about the line play until this upcoming year. The Seniors that graduate this year were ALL started on the weight program by Coach Britton. I saw them when they first started though and it was his program that made them the players they are today. I will say it was HIS coaching though rather than their pure skill. When my son first started there he had NEVER played football before. Britton taught him how to lift to gain the most and blocking technique. I could NOT teach him that because I played mostly defense and they are an entirely different thing and technique. When my son graduated though at 6 foot and 235 pounds he was regularly taking on MUCH bigger defensive linemen and pancakeing them. Like the two at Dickson County that were BOTH 6'4" or bigger. Also between his three main lifts he was lifting over 1500 pounds.

Problem at FC is like most Americans today they wanted INSTANT success and NO Coach is going to make that happen.

Won't know about the line play until this upcoming year. The Seniors that graduate this year were ALL started on the weight program by Coach Britton. I saw them when they first started though and it was his program that made them the players they are today. I will say it was HIS coaching though rather than their pure skill. When my son first started there he had NEVER played football before. Britton taught him how to lift to gain the most and blocking technique. I could NOT teach him that because I played mostly defense and they are an entirely different thing and technique. When my son graduated though at 6 foot and 235 pounds he was regularly taking on MUCH bigger defensive linemen and pancakeing them. Like the two at Dickson County that were BOTH 6'4" or bigger. Also between his three main lifts he was lifting over 1500 pounds.

Problem at FC is like most Americans today they wanted INSTANT success and NO Coach is going to make that happen.

LOD, Preach it! Britton is as fine of a man and line coach as there is. When they came to play us @ Warren Co. he made it a point before the game to come up to the stands and say hi to old friends and some of his family. A class act. I have several posts on different threads about how I would like to see him come back because we have an assistant position open and I am getting accused of all kinds of stuff. I am so glad you posted your sons experience playing for him.

What where your sons three main lifts? Squat, Bench, and

?

Over 1500-lbs is phenominal!