Cloudland destroys Unaka just like predicted

zAZa90

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with cbizzle no one in their right frame of mind will get rid of him after all he has done and the success he has had up there at Unaka. If he goes it will be on his own leave.A few Parents may not like him but for the most part the ones that do respect what he does.And which he is not there for the parents he is there for the kids.

And when you can get what he has gotten out of 8 to 9 players as young as they are and still be successful then people throughout the program and this area key on that and realize that he knows the game of basketball and that he wins with what you give him plain and simple.

There is one thing I don??™t understand about stoney creek and that is the more you loose the more they love you and the more you win the more they hate you. I mean look at coach snavley he has had no success what so ever and the creekers love him for some unknown reason and then coach chambers has great seasons and everybody wants him gone. Haha it just doesn??™t make any sense at all and I LOVE IT.

Long Thread!

I know two things:

The boys coaching needs to change, there is talent at the high school but for some reason they just can't seem to bring it together.

The girls coaching, there's more talent walking the halls than what's on the court. The reason is you cannot belittle, humiliate and embarrass kids and expect them to stay. For some reason it appears this is the current coach's methods of "Motivation" or maybe elimination. When you turn someone away from the sport they love by doing this it's simply morally wrong. I know several kids he's said things to that a coach should not even say. Some of you will say "That's Coaching!"... well maybe it is to you but not to everyone and that's the reason the majority of the elementary kids quit playing when they come to the high school.

Winning is one thing, winning while humiliating and treating kids like dogs and pushing others out is another it is after all just High School Ball.....

This is all absolutely hilarious!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> TheLastWord talks about it being only a virus. Have you ever heard of the AIDS virus!! Thats more of an appropriate diagnosis for Unaka basketball. There will be no recovery. Snavely reminds me of old Ric Flair. People have forgotten what he did for the program years ago and why the gym was named after him. They now only see him for a piece of trash who's mangled this program into unrecognizable. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now, I wonder if people understand why we the superior communities of Carter Co. want to see the Creek shut completely down. Do they wonder why the budget committee won't approve a bill for rennovations to the school? They know that people like the last word who tarnishes the kids in his own community will eventually lead these kids to being traumatized because know one on the creek is happy with anything. It doesn't matter who the kids are or who the coaches are. There will always be cut throating and when they get home its Pabst Blue Ribbon time. All these kids need to turn their jerseys in and come join the Blue and Proud. We will welcome every kid with open arms. I would love to see Unaka shut down and all the parents who spit in coaches faces banned from games for life. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you are referring to me as who I think you are try again "Maxalt" or should I say coach /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> you can hide behind a screen name as well but not alot of people like are exactly on the Snavely wagon right now so put 2 in 2 together and even the most gullable person can pick out of the whole staff up there who you are.

In defense of Kenneth Chambers the school nor school board system has a reason to let him go. He actually wins basketball games with lesser talent than any team in the conference and thats why he is wanted by numerous amounts of schools in this area and it is noticeable.

Kenneth Chambers isn't going know where if he leaves it will be on his own terms. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> The Hurley Holler,Hodge Branch,and Blue Hole Rd commitee does not decide if he stays or go's. I am sorry the girls program has been accustomed to winning since Kenneth has took the job at Unaka while since Snavely has taken over he has succeeded to make it embarrasing for people to even watch.

Alot of you so called poster's/coaches that post on here seem to be a tad bit jealous because of the way he does things on the creek and thats fine I am pretty sure he could care less what other coaches on Stoney Creek think of his methods and style of coaching.

You guys might want to take some notes the next time his team plays and you might learn a thing or two in the future.

Don't know what committee that you are referring too but I'm pretty confident that you are sadely mistaken about the level of talent that you are referring Coach Chambers is dealing with. The Lady Rangers are VERY much talented and are at the level or maybe higher than any of their conference competition, these Girls may not always have a great game but I've seen that happen at every level of Basketball (Girls and Boys) and it does not decide the level of talent of your team (look at the Lady Vols vs LSU game), howd that happen?

I'm not sure if u have any interest on the girls side of the game (nothing on you profile, why's that? seems odd :rolleyes) but I do, Coach Chambers is well respected by his players and he respects their talent and the contribution of all of his TEAM no matter what level they play at as does Mr Snavely. Their intentions are the same, To Win as most every coach I've seen wants to do.

Politics most often invade the Coaches Space, that's with every Team but when it comes down to it the COACH has to be able to do what is best for his team. There seems to be too many Chief's and not enough Indians, the parents want their kid to play no matter how talented they are and some of the real talent gets left behind. Politics will always be present in every school and every Sport, you Can't blame any one Coach for the failures of a Team, the parent's and Players have to accept the Good and Bad outcomes of the Game, that' why it's referred to as a "TEAM WIN or LOSS")

This is all absolutely hilarious!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> TheLastWord talks about it being only a virus. Have you ever heard of the AIDS virus!! Thats more of an appropriate diagnosis for Unaka basketball. There will be no recovery. Snavely reminds me of old Ric Flair. People have forgotten what he did for the program years ago and why the gym was named after him. They now only see him for a piece of trash who's mangled this program into unrecognizable. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now, I wonder if people understand why we the superior communities of Carter Co. want to see the Creek shut completely down. Do they wonder why the budget committee won't approve a bill for rennovations to the school? They know that people like the last word who tarnishes the kids in his own community will eventually lead these kids to being traumatized because know one on the creek is happy with anything. It doesn't matter who the kids are or who the coaches are. There will always be cut throating and when they get home its Pabst Blue Ribbon time. All these kids need to turn their jerseys in and come join the Blue and Proud. We will welcome every kid with open arms. I would love to see Unaka shut down and all the parents who spit in coaches faces banned from games for life. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm pretty happy living in the Creek. One person can't be the voice for an entire community. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm pretty happy living in the Creek. One person can't be the voice for an entire community. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great to finally hear from you! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Are you going to give one of your great motivational speeches? It really worked last year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Rangerdad you obviously didnt read my post clear enough. I didnt say Unaka's girls didnt have any talent I said that Kenneth has probably the least talent between Hampton,North Greene and Cloudland and still finds way's to win basketball games thats what makes him a good basketball coach.

I will not sit here and argue with you because you know deep down that the boys program is in need of change the fans know it the administration knows it and stoney creek knows it but they dont wont to break up there little circle on the creek so therefore he will remain the head coach win or lose and keep making Unaka basketball look pathetic.