Cloudland destroys Unaka just like predicted

zAZa90

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

bizzle,

We all owe you an apology. I think I can speak for almost everybody on here when I say that we're sorry that you've forgotten a few things. Let me jog your memory.

A) 25 years of winning tradition (and before you click reply to this one with the last two years in mind, please finish reading)

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> 5 trips to the state tournament

C) 1 state championship

D) 9 straight conference titles (not to mention many others that weren't in a row)

E) I guess I could get into district, regionals and substates, but I don't want to keep you all night and well, you get the picture. And to continue point A, you seem to be having a harder time with functioning because of a few bad years than alot of other people. Wonder why that is?

It seems to me that you think you have a pretty good idea about basketball, but I really have a feeling that you just might be coming up short somewhere else. If you don't feel successful in your everyday life, feeling a little bit of power from coaching on a message board must be pretty good (Actually, it must be real good because you seem to pop up about every other post). When nobody knows who you are or who you are for, you can bash, criticize, coach, encourage, pick plays, judge talent and so much more just by firing up your computer and pecking away on the keyboard. How convenient for you and whoever else is huddled up around the screen while you call the shots from the "sideline." You never have to talk to anybody, look at anybody... heck, you don't even have to stand up. Coach Snavely (and all the other coaches you think you know more than) must be crazy.... sounds like they need to get your job! I bet you've even logged on 10 or 12 times since your last post just to see who has responded... tapping your foot to the hourglass on the screen while the message board link loads up. Well, I hope I've made your day and you feel good about yourself when you respond to this one.... after all, everybody has a calling.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will assure everyone that Coach Snavely has never quit coaching and has actually been behind the scenes even during the Ensor coaching era. Coach Ensor has given Coach Snavely lots of credit during his tenure and would be the first to tell how Ronnie helped his staff over their great run. Truth is Unaks is down for now, but will be back soon with their upcoming classes, mark it down! But for the time being we are going and have to take a few more whippings before we give them again. IT'S NOT THE COACHING; WE ARE IN A DOWN CYCLE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE GOES THROUGH! The only thing Coach Snavely is guilty of is standing his ground and not lettig outsiders make decisions. ( I THINK DONALD ENSOR KNOWS A LITTLE MORE ABOUT BASKETBALL THAN SOME OF THE UNAKA PEOPLE WHO GET ON HERE AND TRY TO PORTRAY THEMSELVES TO BE FROM OTHER SCHOOLS AND PRETEND THEY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME!) NOW HOWS THAT !!!!!!!

Congrats to the Landers and Lady Landers!!!!!!!!!!

I will assure everyone that Coach Snavely has never quit coaching and has actually been behind the scenes even during the Ensor coaching era. Coach Ensor has given Coach Snavely lots of credit during his tenure and would be the first to tell how Ronnie helped his staff over their great run. Truth is Unaka is down for now, but will be back soon with their upcoming classes, mark it down! But for the time being we are going and have to take a few more whippings before we give them again. IT'S NOT THE COACHING; WE ARE IN A DOWN CYCLE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE GOES THROUGH! The only thing Coach Snavely is guilty of is standing his ground and not letting outsiders make decisions. ( I THINK DONALD ENSOR KNOWS A LITTLE MORE ABOUT BASKETBALL THAN SOME OF THE UNAKA PEOPLE WHO GET ON HERE AND TRY TO PORTRAY THEMSELVES TO BE FROM OTHER SCHOOLS AND PRETEND THEY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME!) NOW HOWS THAT !!!!!!!

Congrats to the Landers and Lady Landers!!!!!!!!!!

Rangerdad how bout them apples tonight son? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Cloudland's third straight district championship. You're looking at one fan here who has stayed on this site through thick and thin. When the Rangers were on top, I was here. And now that we're on top, I'm definitely gonna be here. You see there is a reason the good Lord put the Landers up on the mountain and the creekers down in the valley. When the going got tough for the Landers, they just look up to the sky in faith. When the going got tough for the creekers, there players look for the biggest rock to hide under and their parents rip the coaches and each other to shreds. The creekers didn't need the Blue Crew to destroy them, they've done it to themselves. As long as Ned Smith is at the front of the Lander pack, we are going to continue to pile up trophies year after year. I'm not the kind of guy to say I told you so and I'm not the kind of guy to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The Cloudland Highlanders are once again recipients of a championship trophy. Whooooooo!!

Are we talking fruit or B Ball there Dad, Don't think u would be my dad either, he certainly is not from Highlander Country. Could you have a son that's a Creeker maybe? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> sorry I couldn't respond sooner, I'm guessing the internet was so overwhelmed from all the chat of the Landers I couldn't get through /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Landers still got a ways to go to catch up with 9 straight and get a state championship so keep a tooting....You will need to toot a little louder so us Creekers can hear you from under our Rocks. There is not a coach anywhere in any sport that doesn't have to deal with parents and politics so I'm sure there is some skeletons in the Landers closet as well. There will always be disgruntled parents and Players that will stir it when they can, unfortunately no team is immune to it so please don't play that self rightous bit

I wouldn't make any reservations in Memphis anytime soon, the Landers barely squeaked past the Dogs to get to the chamionship contest.... Even a blind Hog can find an acorn every once in a while ....... no doubt something will continue to pile up, don't think it will be trophies, but Good Luck to yall up there on that there mountain, you might want to descend from cloud 9 a little , what goes up must come Down......maybe the Creekers will help you Landers roll the Rocks off of you when it does.

I'm not sure what interest the Blues Clueless Crew has with the Creekers and the Sports programs but it seems that they are a bit Judgemental toward Snavely, What about Bayless? he has had problems with having a winning season over the last few years, he's old school and knows how to win, as does Snavely, are they running his name into the dirt? No everyone seems to be OK with it so why can't the Blues Clueless Crew, uh I mean the Blue Crew accept it and move on......give it a rest Daddy O ZAza90

Don't worry Rangerdad - the AzAz is from the roan and will soon be a dad himself, let's see then if his skin is tough if/when everyone gets to ragging on his kid when they are in school. I agree Unaka is down (for now) but that's true for everyone at sometime. The creekers will rebound and turn things around. When a teams not winning, the first thing everybody does is rag the coach, it's a common problem. I've even read the Azaz when he's not been happy with the coaches at Cloudland. It's easy to get on here and run your mouth and badmouth kids and coaches, it's another thing to go to the gym and support the programs even when they're not having a winning season. Best of Luck to the area teams during the Regional tournaments and by the way Rangerdad the BIG tournament is in Murfreesboro not Memphis (that was baseball). Everyone should just be happy for their teams successes (small or large) and wish these kids the best, because for the seniors it's their last basketball season, unless they go on to play at the next level, but that is still not like playing in your home gym with the crowds a yellin' . Again, Best of Luck to the areas teams. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Don't worry Rangerdad - the AzAz is from the roan and will soon be a dad himself, let's see then if his skin is tough if/when everyone gets to ragging on his kid when they are in school. I agree Unaka is down (for now) but that's true for everyone at sometime. The creekers will rebound and turn things around. When a teams not winning, the first thing everybody does is rag the coach, it's a common problem. I've even read the Azaz when he's not been happy with the coaches at Cloudland. It's easy to get on here and run your mouth and badmouth kids and coaches, it's another thing to go to the gym and support the programs even when they're not having a winning season. Best of Luck to the area teams during the Regional tournaments and by the way Rangerdad the BIG tournament is in Murfreesboro not Memphis (that was baseball). Everyone should just be happy for their teams successes (small or large) and wish these kids the best, because for the seniors it's their last basketball season, unless they go on to play at the next level, but that is still not like playing in your home gym with the crowds a yellin' . Again, Best of Luck to the areas teams. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

"Thank You"

I'm not sure what interest the Blues Clueless Crew has with the Creekers and the Sports programs but it seems that they are a bit Judgemental toward Snavely, What about Bayless? he has had problems with having a winning season over the last few years, he's old school and knows how to win, as does Snavely, are they running his name into the dirt? No everyone seems to be OK with it so why can't the Blues Clueless Crew, uh I mean the Blue Crew accept it and move on......give it a rest Daddy O ZAza90

I hate Happy Valley as much as I despise the Creekers, maybe even more. But there is no comparison between Bayless and Snavely. Bayless is a legend. He has a state championship and a gazillion wins. He may not have won many games this year, but he has at least competed with most of the teams on his schedule with equal or maybe even less than the amount of talent that Snavely has. Unaka has been beaten like a drum by almost everyone. I don't think Snavely commands the respect of his players like Bayless does either. In the District tourney game between UH and Unaka, I seen Snavely take out one of his players, and that player looked at Snavely and said "what in the he!! are you doing?" If a player had said that to Bayless, Charlie would have done one of two things: he would have told that player to go to the locker room and that he had played his last game, or he would have slapped the punk up under the bleachers...

I hate Happy Valley as much as I despise the Creekers, maybe even more. But there is no comparison between Bayless and Snavely. Bayless is a legend. He has a state championship and a gazillion wins. He may not have won many games this year, but he has at least competed with most of the teams on his schedule with equal or maybe even less than the amount of talent that Snavely has. Unaka has been beaten like a drum by almost everyone. I don't think Snavely commands the respect of his players like Bayless does either. In the District tourney game between UH and Unaka, I seen Snavely take out one of his players, and that player looked at Snavely and said "what in the he!! are you doing?" If a player had said that to Bayless, Charlie would have done one of two things: he would have told that player to go to the locker room and that he had played his last game, or he would have slapped the punk up under the bleachers...

that is the entire problem and it's not on ronnie snavelys head that kind of behavior goes on the player and his parents.disrespect yourself and others should not be tollerated where's mommy and daddy when their son is comming off the court acting like that.now get on here and deffend those kinds of actions.

I think its funny how everytime something bad is said on here about the coaching at Unaka there is a new screen name created to come to the defense. And to answer your question no I am not on the sidelines and no I do not know what goes on in practice but I have seen alot of basketball and basketball played this year and I can tell you they are by far the worst coached team in this area.

You can make excuse after excuse after excuse about this whole cycle crap that may be true to a certain extent but when you have 3 seniors that are pretty decent ball players a freshman and sophmore class that has players probably with better talent than some of the juniors you have starting and can only win 7-8 basketball games not to mention against teams with losing records than there is something wrong.

I think its funny how everytime something bad is said on here about the coaching at Unaka there is a new screen name created to come to the defense. And to answer your question no I am not on the sidelines and no I do not know what goes on in practice but I have seen alot of basketball and basketball played this year and I can tell you they are by far the worst coached team in this area.

You can make excuse after excuse after excuse about this whole cycle crap that may be true to a certain extent but when you have 3 seniors that are pretty decent ball players a freshman and sophmore class that has players probably with better talent than some of the juniors you have starting and can only win 7-8 basketball games not to mention against teams with losing records than there is something wrong.

Ok big guy/gal, put your money where your mouth is! Let us have it.......give us your starting line up. Names please not class or numbers, real names. Here is your chance, but remember you are the minority on this topic. And to Dr.j , keep posting your last one was great, i'm still laughing!!!!!!

The minority part dont surprise me at all LastWord. And I never said anything about having a problem with who started as a matter of fact the starting 5 is not bad at all he will mix it up every now and then and I think it's a good move.

I think they could expose their bench a little more not alot but a little in some situations. If I had to put a lineup on the floor for saturday I guess you could go. The Covorubias kid at the 1 the two Smith boys at the 2 and 3 the Aldridge kid at the 4 and the Taylor boy at the 5 spot. But like I said thats just my opinion.

Vader, apparently you've not been around Happy Valley basketball lately...