LA @ Upperman

DaKing15643

I did not say the officiating was perfect Bill, just responding to what the Coach said.

Dunn is an outstanding player who is hard to guard, especially if you don't move your feet. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He is certainly an outstanding player. Tough for anyone to guard under any conditions. The LA team is full of guys who are tough to guard, and that makes defending Dunn even harder. My hats off to that entire team.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now, I didn't think I was going to have to do this again, but I guess I was wrong. Everybody on here probably needs a big box of Kleenex because everytime their team loses, its always the refs fault. I'm almost positive that if LA would have lost that instead of downgrading the officiating, the BEE nation would have been applauding it. It's an ignorant statement to declare something to be wrong with the officiating without good reason. It would be a lot different if Upperman could actually play with LA, but they can't. The BEES are no competition for LA and that's been proven twice. As for Dunn, you could clear the entire Upperman bench and put them on him and he would completely embarrass each and every one of them. So from here on out, do me a favor, and quit b****in everytime someone goes wild on your team and makes you look bad in front of your home crowd. 27 points in the 1st half at Upperman? Yeah quit complaining and find a player that can play half-way decent defense.

Now now, I didn't think I was going to have to do this again, but I guess I was wrong. Everybody on here probably needs a big box of Kleenex because everytime their team loses, its always the refs fault. I'm almost positive that if LA would have lost that instead of downgrading the officiating, the BEE nation would have been applauding it. It's an ignorant statement to declare something to be wrong with the officiating without good reason. It would be a lot different if Upperman could actually play with LA, but they can't. The BEES are no competition for LA and that's been proven twice. As for Dunn, you could clear the entire Upperman bench and put them on him and he would completely embarrass each and every one of them. So from here on out, do me a favor, and quit b****in everytime someone goes wild on your team and makes you look bad in front of your home crowd. 27 points in the 1st half at Upperman? Yeah quit complaining and find a player that can play half-way decent defense.

Now do me a favor, quit putting words into people mouths. If you have a beef with the Upperman folk, that is one thing, but find something legitimate to complain about. As I stated in my earlier post, just because a coach mentions a style of officiating, doesnt mean he blames it for the loss.

I read that article. In fact, I went back and read it again last night. MrCoachMcWilliams is simply saying that the style of officiating made it completely impossible to guard the kid. Are there other factors? OF COURSE. One of them is that the kid is an EXTREMELY GOOD player. I cannot speak for MrCoachMcWilliams on that one, but Im sure if you ask him, he will agree. Another factor is that maybe we didnt have a defender on him that was good enough to guard him, unless the game was called in a fashion that allowed some bumping and physical contact.

If you have been around basketball for any length of time (I will assume here that you have, since I dont know you) you know that there is more than one way to call a basketball game:

1) call it close, any contact is a foul

2) call it loose, no blood no foul

3) allow the banging inside but no bumping and no hand checks on the guards.

d) anything inbetween.

None of these are necessarily wrong, but they allow for different talents to come through in any given game. That is basketball, and anyone with half a clue about the game accepts this.

"with the refs calling every little bump it made it impossible to guard the guy" is one big world away from saying "I think the refs blew it, and they really cost us the game".

You have the best team in the district, most likely the region, and possibly in class AA. They shoot the lights out. They play great team basketball. Im guessing they will be playing in the state championship game this year.

As melton07 and I have already discussed, there is almost NEVER a perfecly officiated game. There is always going to be room for someone to say "man that call hurt us" in one way or another. But from my vantage point, where I was sitting and with whom I was sitting: If you ask the Bees fans (not the average student in the stands, who will ALWAYS complain when their friends and fellow student lose), ask the parents, and the Upperman faithful that are there every week, every game, they know they got beat by a better team. A darn good team. No one has argued that here. And MrCoachMcWilliams was not arguing that in the paper. It has been almost a week, get over it already. You won. We lost. Move on, Im sure both teams have already.

I went back and read your post again. Im sorry I wasted so much time replying to it the first time. You came in here and dug up an old thread just to try to flame away and get everything all riled up, just because you had a day off school, and didnt couldnt come up with anything better to do? Im not sure, but what a piece of junk post. You have a good team. A very good team. If you were as good at posting on a message board as your team is at playing basketball, I would not have wasted the last 5 min or so replying to this stinking post. Go ahead and flame away at me now, tell me what an idiot I am, etc, etc. At least that will be a valid complaint. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I went back and read your post again. Im sorry I wasted so much time replying to it the first time. You came in here and dug up an old thread just to try to flame away and get everything all riled up, just because you had a day off school, and didnt couldnt come up with anything better to do? Im not sure, but what a piece of junk post. You have a good team. A very good team. If you were as good at posting on a message board as your team is at playing basketball, I would not have wasted the last 5 min or so replying to this stinking post. Go ahead and flame away at me now, tell me what an idiot I am, etc, etc. At least that will be a valid complaint. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

that poster never has a off day of school

Gatorbill makes me laugh. Do not get on here and try to drag down my post. Yes everyone is over it, they are now, because now it has been forever since the game was played. You can't out-think or outwit me son. Don't try to get on here and defend your own ignorant excuse as a post. I'm not buying it. You guys cried, I laughed, made fun, then told you to quit crying, and now your telling me my post wasn't legitimate? It was just a thing to do since I had a day off? Wow. Thats really the only thing I have to say for that old man. Learn your basketball, because I sure as heck know mine, then come back at me.

who wins the championship of 7AA?? UHS is playing pretty good ball, LA had a bump in the first half last night but responded in the 2nd half and played strong. Are the UHS faithful believing in an upset?

Should be a good game but i give LA the edge here. However as we all know its very hard to beat a team 3 times in one year. I will predict a close game until the 4th with LA pulling away and winning by 12. Good luck to both teams.

LA will win by 19.

Dunn will score 38.

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I hope that is true. Not only because I want LA to win but also because I love watching Chase play when he is on fire like that. But dang 38....I hope we do not need that many out of Chase to win but if that is what the situation calls for I guess we will take it lol. good luck to the CATS against Upperman and to both teams for the remainder of the season!

Gatorbill makes me laugh. Do not get on here and try to drag down my post. Yes everyone is over it, they are now, because now it has been forever since the game was played. You can't out-think or outwit me son. Don't try to get on here and defend your own ignorant excuse as a post. I'm not buying it. You guys cried, I laughed, made fun, then told you to quit crying, and now your telling me my post wasn't legitimate? It was just a thing to do since I had a day off? Wow. Thats really the only thing I have to say for that old man. Learn your basketball, because I sure as heck know mine, then come back at me.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

edit: I have to add, Well done. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />