7AA

DCTiger41

So i have processed this out. You say you are an Underclass man. But i do not see any of DeKalbs underclassman doing that. Willoughby Denman or Potteete doing that they are all three getting very good playing time. So this must either be stewart or herriot and im leaning toward stewart because herriot is starting. BUt hey if its not its Denman Pottete or Willoughby.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i have processed this out. You say you are an Underclass man. But i do not see any of DeKalbs underclassman doing that. Willoughby Denman or Potteete doing that they are all three getting very good playing time. So this must either be stewart or herriot and im leaning toward stewart because herriot is starting. BUt hey if its not its Denman Pottete or Willoughby.

Seems you might have guessed right now further posts after yours! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Seems you might have guessed right now further posts after yours! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well, they said they werent a junior, so unless they were lying, its not stewart,

denman starts, and willougby gets enough playtime and i cant see him leaving seeing as coach martin is married to his sister(step maybe dunno for sure) Poteete plays enough also. That leaves: Sophs- Grant James,Ethan Hale, Abram Edwards, and Schuylar Allen. And Fresh-Weston Rhody and Tyler Kent. I have my guesses and im pretty sure theyre right, but ill refrain from saying.

Well, they said they werent a junior, so unless they were lying, its not stewart,

denman starts, and willougby gets enough playtime and i cant see him leaving seeing as coach martin is married to his sister(step maybe dunno for sure) Poteete plays enough also. That leaves: Sophs- Grant James,Ethan Hale, Abram Edwards, and Schuylar Allen. And Fresh-Weston Rhody and Tyler Kent. I have my guesses and im pretty sure theyre right, but ill refrain from saying.

James, Hale, Edwards, Allen, Rhody, and Kent, dont play anyways so why would they complain about pt, as if they make one little mistake out on the floor they get pulled, there never out on the floor.

James, Hale, Edwards, Allen, Rhody, and Kent, dont play anyways so why would they complain about pt, as if they make one little mistake out on the floor they get pulled, there never out on the floor.

Ok, this is the former dctigerfan07(my freaken account messed up and ive had to make a new one, which is ok i guess considering the "07" was a bit outdated lol)...anyways, who do you think it is then? Because if its Stewart, then why would they say they werent a junior?

I had the pleasure of getting to know coach Martin when I played (back in the day, right Devil) and he's a great coach.. Became friends with many of his players.. They never once complained of favortism on or off the court.. Never compained about PT.. And he had some very good teams too.. Worked his bench very well.. I don't think the problem is the coach... But I think it most definitely is a selfish player.. I had to climb my way up the ladder from the time I was a Fresh until I was a senior.. Never seen the floor until I was a Junior.. and although I may not have been the best player I gave it everything I had night in and night out and I was proud of myslef even if nobody else was.. So I think you need to look at your game and start workin now and try to improve and prove to Coach Martin you belong on the floor.. I'm sure he won't have problem playing you if just show him you can run with the big dogs! Good luck to DC in districts.. Does anyone know if woody is still involved with the program or what he is doing now?

Ok, this is the former dctigerfan07(my freaken account messed up and ive had to make a new one, which is ok i guess considering the "07" was a bit outdated lol)...anyways, who do you think it is then? Because if its Stewart, then why would they say they werent a junior?

Stewart, throw people off, poor kid i dont know why he would want to cause drama like this, good talent. Alex Woodward is a student coach at Freed Hardeman Ladies Ball. Travis his brother is a starting guard,

I had the pleasure of getting to know coach Martin when I played (back in the day, right Devil) and he's a great coach.. Became friends with many of his players.. They never once complained of favortism on or off the court.. Never compained about PT.. And he had some very good teams too.. Worked his bench very well.. I don't think the problem is the coach... But I think it most definitely is a selfish player.. I had to climb my way up the ladder from the time I was a Fresh until I was a senior.. Never seen the floor until I was a Junior.. and although I may not have been the best player I gave it everything I had night in and night out and I was proud of myslef even if nobody else was.. So I think you need to look at your game and start workin now and try to improve and prove to Coach Martin you belong on the floor.. I'm sure he won't have problem playing you if just show him you can run with the big dogs! Good luck to DC in districts.. Does anyone know if woody is still involved with the program or what he is doing now?

Ahh yes back in the day indeed my paddawaan~~~

Instead of transferring for more playing time, try this one:

1) Study harder. There are more academic schollys available per student than there are athletic schollys.

2) Work Harder at your game. Transferring out will only prove that you could not take the heat in your own kitchen. If you think you are better than another player, PROVE IT. It is done all the time. Michael Stinking Jordan did not make his 9th grade team. Did he transfer? No. He worked harder. Bust your tail and prove you deserve more playing time.

3) Talk to your coach. AFTER THE SEASON IS OVER. Talk to him, ask him what you need to improve to put yourself into the regular rotation. COMMUNICATE.

4) Learn more about the game. Get in the coaches back pocket and stay there. Know why he does things the way he does. Know what he wants from each play and why. Spend your Spring and Summer camping out on his doorstep.

Just a little background. My kid is at Upperman. We moved here in July. She had already made the 9th grade team back home. She was given a chance to make the team at Upperman, but failed because 1) she is not the most highly skilled and 2) she was way too nervous during her tryout. Upperman did not have a JV team this year, so she had nowhere to play. Transfer? She could have played (at least at the JV level) at many schools in the district. And she would have gotten some valuable practice time. But Basketball does not = Life.

Consider 1-4. Look really deep at yourself and think about whether it is worth giving up friendships, trying to fit into a team that is very deep next year, trying to fit into a new school, etc. There is a ton to think about.

Good luck.