District 11AA Tournament

oakwood

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off, im tired of everyone saying it was a lucky shot. its not like he just slung it up there, it was a normal shot by taylor with great rotation and went in. and to the person that was saying how waverly beat CW bad (by 6...hah) the first time doesnt mean anything cuz CW owned them last week. these predictions arent based on how a team starts, but its on how a team finishes, and thats what matters. and since your excuse is that CW had senior night and they had momentum the whole game, SC will also be playing you on senior night. the other senior night game got cancelled last week and wont be made up so they decided to make it the first round game since SC is hosting it. But like i said earlier, anything can happen and everything said is just our predictions. i agree that it is hard to beat a team 3 times, but its possible. and to everyone that says they dont deserve number 4, your wrong. they have proven themselves to be a team that can pull an upset. they almost had sycamore at home and they have been playing well as of late. o and u say that wavo has the biggest chip on their shoulder when they returned just about everyone this year, whereas SC makes it to number 4 and lost their entire starting 5 from last year. i say the facts right there answers the question on who has the most to prove.

Well, no one is debating whether the kid can shoot threes occasionally, but I saw the shot, and he picked it up off the floor, turned around and shot it desparately from about 30 feet out. He may can hit threes sometimes, but a 30 footer is luck even when you are set up for it, unless you are Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. But whether it was luck or not, it still counted.

The main thing is that it was a close game in overtime at Stewart County, close game at Waverly with Waverly losing by one, and missing a wide open shot under the basket at the buzzer. So it could be anyone's game tomorrow night.

and I agree with a previous poster, from what I've seen, Creek Wood is the team to be feared in this tournament.

what was the harpeth score?

63-35 or in that range. It was a 30 point game about mid way through the third quarter. JV played about half of the 4th quarter. Big Dixon did throw one down! Didn't get any weather in South Cheatham until well after the game was over. I guess that's one more days rest for Harpeth.

Guest thewaverytigerrock

hey redhawk i made a mistake on saying that the way i did shouldn't put it that way because i didn't remember the score. I meant no disrespect toward creek wood at all even though i really dislike justin ? he was #50 last year on the freshman team.

Guest thewaverytigerrock

Ok first off, im tired of everyone saying it was a lucky shot. its not like he just slung it up there, it was a normal shot by taylor with great rotation and went in. and to the person that was saying how waverly beat CW bad (by 6...hah) the first time doesnt mean anything cuz CW owned them last week. these predictions arent based on how a team starts, but its on how a team finishes, and thats what matters. and since your excuse is that CW had senior night and they had momentum the whole game, SC will also be playing you on senior night. the other senior night game got cancelled last week and wont be made up so they decided to make it the first round game since SC is hosting it. But like i said earlier, anything can happen and everything said is just our predictions. i agree that it is hard to beat a team 3 times, but its possible. and to everyone that says they dont deserve number 4, your wrong. they have proven themselves to be a team that can pull an upset. they almost had sycamore at home and they have been playing well as of late. o and u say that wavo has the biggest chip on their shoulder when they returned just about everyone this year, whereas SC makes it to number 4 and lost their entire starting 5 from last year. i say the facts right there answers the question on who has the most to prove.

all right dr. love u r getting on my nerves. now i haven't really seen stewart co. play in basketball but i have seen them play in football cause i play football for the tigers. the rebels r the most nastiest, unsportsmanlike, and dirtiest team i've ever encountered. And yes i made a mistake on how i said waverly crushed creek wood but, in the first game waverly played good, creek wood played good, and waverly was the team that came out on top. so i'm tired of people putting waverly under the bus. and for ur imformation ah waverly is only actully returning 1 starter in cody gilbert. chase collump tore his ACL agaist collinwood in a football scrimmage. jacob scurlock and alex green both graduated last year. Mark smith is not playing this year. so u tell me who and how waverly is returning half their starters. they've got sophmore's junior's and they don't have any senior starters so u tell me how with no senior starter waverly beat the mighty 17-3 district record creek wood..

all right dr. love u r getting on my nerves. now i haven't really seen stewart co. play in basketball but i have seen them play in football cause i play football for the tigers. the rebels r the most nastiest, unsportsmanlike, and dirtiest team i've ever encountered. And yes i made a mistake on how i said waverly crushed creek wood but, in the first game waverly played good, creek wood played good, and waverly was the team that came out on top. so i'm tired of people putting waverly under the bus. and for ur imformation ah waverly is only actully returning 1 starter in cody gilbert. chase collump tore his ACL agaist collinwood in a football scrimmage. jacob scurlock and alex green both graduated last year. Mark smith is not playing this year. so u tell me who and how waverly is returning half their starters. they've got sophmore's junior's and they don't have any senior starters so u tell me how with no senior starter waverly beat the mighty 17-3 district record creek wood..

ok, look at your first sentence. now tell me how you can judge SC. u havent seen them. and football has notin to do with basketball. my mistake on the starters from last year, but im my offense, most of them guys played valuable minutes last year whereas SCs seniors from last year played the majority with just a few minutes from the starters now. and i never said or implied i was putting wavo under the bus. yes they are a really good team and im glad to see them compete again this year.

and papatiger, that wasnt a 30 footer. i was standing right in front of where he shot and it was just only around 3-5 feet behind the line, not 10. and if u noticed, he didnt show any sign of panic when he shot the ball which most likely helped him make it.

anyways, like i said before, anyone can take this game. and just like u waverly fans, we are both going to say how our teams are better or give praise to our teams. thats what coacht is about. but in my opinion, besides having to beat a tough team for the 3rd time, a lot of things are going in SCs favor. its senior night, a home game atmosphere, SCs has been playing well while Wavo lost to Creekwood badly. im not saying SC will come in and win, but im saying they have a good chance with a lot of things that could bring momentum to SCs play.

Guest thewaverytigerrock

sycamore over mc by 45+

harpeth over cheatham by 35+

creek wood over fairview by 50+

waverly over stewart co. by 8 or 9

waverly over harpeth by 1 or 2. the only reason

i say this is because waverly played good at harpeth

and even though they lost they played a good team

at home very well. i believe this time waverly can pull

the upset.

creek wood over sycamore by 3. by what people r

how creek wood is a good team i think creek wood could pull

it out.

creek wood over waverly by 1 in a close game.

sycamore over mc by 45+

harpeth over cheatham by 35+

creek wood over fairview by 50+

waverly over stewart co. by 8 or 9

waverly over harpeth by 1 or 2. the only reason

i say this is because waverly played good at harpeth

and even though they lost they played a good team

at home very well. i believe this time waverly can pull

the upset.

creek wood over sycamore by 3. by what people r

how creek wood is a good team i think creek wood could pull

it out.

creek wood over waverly by 1 in a close game.

lets be serious if waverly even get passed SC they will not beat harpeth.

Waverly wouldn't even play Harpeth until the finals.

Welcome to Bracketology 101. Here is the way any 8 team seeded tournament will be bracketed:

Upper bracket

1 vs 8 (Sycamore vs MC)

4 vs 5 (Stewart Co. vs Wavo)

Lower bracket

2 vs 7 (Harpeth vs Cheatham)

3 vs 6 (Creekwood vs Fairview)

Second round

Winner of 1/8 plays winner of 4/5

Winner of 2/7 plays winner of 3/6

Finals and consolation round

Losers of second round play in first game

Winners play in second game

The consolation game is important for seeding at the region.

There will be a test prior to the finals in March when we learn how to draw up 16 team brackets.