The merit based system....

I have problems with basically this entire city...education, finances, politicals, athletics, media wise...its poor, its crime ridden, it watches other cities get bigger, and it has numerous other problems that I will not dwell into but will probably talk about accidently in the coming months

I sure hope Knoxville is better then this.

This has never been a concern in the city of Memphis...EVER

I have never seen an article about TSSAA Changes, Never a public private debate in the Commercial Appeal...I once tried to explain this to some very PROMINENT basketball coaches that have a lot of power...they didn't understand it, and their answer was simply "Why do privates even want to play publics?" Do people in the rest of the state know about this problem? Cus I didnt until I became a member of this board.

[Edited by TheEgoHasLanded on 8/2/02 3:36P]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen an article about TSSAA Changes, Never a public private debate in the Commercial Appeal...

Unless I have "missed your drift" the reason is because in Memphis there are no Class A, 6- Class AA, 10- Class AAA, 5- Class 4A, and 14 Class 5A football schools... none of which are private. I don't think they even run up against the privates in the playoffs except in 2A deep in the playoffs. I'm not sure about that, though.

In basketball there are no Class A schools and only 1 Class AA school in Memphis.

Before Division II was developed there might have been some talk about it in Memphis.

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

Yes coach, I was trying to imply that its not a problem here, but if there is talk about changing the current system...wouldnt you think they would talk about it in Memphis? Do they talk about this issue in other cities?

I understand. There is a lot of talk about it in Middle Tennessee but mostly in the schools and small towns that are affected. You won't see it in the large papers unless/until the TSSAA brings it up before the BOC again.