Who would be real champ

shooterjohn1

Normally i agree that he boasts about D White a little to excessively, but you're all going to have to get over it now. He beat just about every ranked wrestler that people believed would beat him. He beat Davis of Franklin twice, and Fuller in the Finals pretty handily. Now i'm not going to say he is a lock to beat the D2 champ, but I'd bet a good deal of money on him to win that match. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if Fuller was the D1 champ a lot of you would be saying he'd win the D1 vs D2 match. So what's that say about Daniel? He's not just athletic as many of you pin on him. He actually is a great wrestler. He stays in great postion in neutral, and no one has held him on the mat for more than a couple of seconds. You're not going to get your legs in on a kid whose on his feet and turning in within a second of the whistle blowing. If you'd have watched him all year you'd understand better. Most of you have only seen him at state.

And who really cares what his record is now? He's the D1 152 lbs State Champion. 'Nuff said.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ghouse..... you have absolutely no life. As far as 119 goes, Stuart Doster would absolutely rape the junior from Bradley Central. Don't be a fool. As far as 125, Cole Hayes would win by at least a major decision. 152.... George Harmon shouldn't have won state. Colton Popp of BAY gave it to him, everyone saw it. Popp would most definitely decision white of Overton.

How exactly is getting cradled and taken to your back giving someone a state title? Harmon earned his state state championship. I beilieve his record this year was around 48-3 wrestling almost the entire year at 160. Not to mention that he didnt loose a match in the state of tennessee so i would love to know your logic behind that one.

How exactly is getting cradled and taken to your back giving someone a state title? Harmon earned his state state championship. I beilieve his record this year was around 48-3 wrestling almost the entire year at 160. Not to mention that he didnt loose a match in the state of tennessee so i would love to know your logic behind that one.

His logic? Shoot that's easy....

He's a MORON!

Man do I love being able to stir up the conversations.

1) No need to address D2Recruit's specific arguements as he is a Baylor troll and even messed up things in his own statement.

2) Regarding Biddy and Doster. Both legitimate and deserving state champs. Right now I give the edge to Biddy in a good match. Doster being a freshman has more upside than the junior Biddy and it might swing his way next year.

3) Agreed that Daniel White is very powerful and explosive and keeps good position on his feet. How he does against decent competition from New York means very little to the discussion about TN wrestling (not going to comment on the state of wrestling in NY as it is neither here nor there).

4) The mentions of Mikey Fuller bring another topic to mind that I need to start and will do so today or tonight. However, I might agree that I might pick Fuller over Harmon, I would need to think about it more. Styles certainly make matchups and that is a very different style than White. Let's not forget that Mikey Fuller wrestled the majority of the year at 140 and came up two weight classes to 152 and Harmon came down from 160. Big difference in the size of the opponents there.

5) Yes Popp and Harmon would have a hard time getting shot in on White, as many others did but White still had losses throughout the year. If you read the predictions I did not predict Harmon to win the takedown battle. Top and funk is where he likely wins it. Once again not something set in stone just my opinion.

6) Rigger, Cole Hayes is good but undefeated is tough. He was pushed very hard by another sophomore in his semi-finals match so there is someone his own grade that can currently run with him. That could be a fun rivalry if they stay together in weight.

Man do I love being able to stir up the conversations.

1) No need to address D2Recruit's specific arguements as he is a Baylor troll and even messed up things in his own statement.

2) Regarding Biddy and Doster. Both legitimate and deserving state champs. Right now I give the edge to Biddy in a good match. Doster being a freshman has more upside than the junior Biddy and it might swing his way next year.

3) Agreed that Daniel White is very powerful and explosive and keeps good position on his feet. How he does against decent competition from New York means very little to the discussion about TN wrestling (not going to comment on the state of wrestling in NY as it is neither here nor there).

4) The mentions of Mikey Fuller bring another topic to mind that I need to start and will do so today or tonight. However, I might agree that I might pick Fuller over Harmon, I would need to think about it more. Styles certainly make matchups and that is a very different style than White. Let's not forget that Mikey Fuller wrestled the majority of the year at 140 and came up two weight classes to 152 and Harmon came down from 160. Big difference in the size of the opponents there.

5) Yes Popp and Harmon would have a hard time getting shot in on White, as many others did but White still had losses throughout the year. If you read the predictions I did not predict Harmon to win the takedown battle. Top and funk is where he likely wins it. Once again not something set in stone just my opinion.

6) Rigger, Cole Hayes is good but undefeated is tough. He was pushed very hard by another sophomore in his semi-finals match so there is someone his own grade that can currently run with him. That could be a fun rivalry if they stay together in weight.

Daniel White went 40-4. He lost to know one at 152lbs in the state of Tennessee. His losses were at 160lbs

I feel I know a little about heavyweight wrestling. I have seen both

Herman and Sliger several times. I believe, my opinion is Sliger will

win 99 out of 100 matches. Herman is good, but not on Sligers level

and about that strength thing Sliger is as strong as Herman. One of my

wrestlers told Cody's strength was very deceptive.

Just my opinion here, so take it for what you want

But the comparisons ya'll are doing with who would be the "true" champ between the DI & the DII champs is a bit much. To me, it is taking away from what these boys have accomplished. Why not just let it be? My goodness, whatever would come out o this doesn't matter. It's not gonna happen so why belittle what they have won?

I understand that there is always some fun in thinking who would win a match-up, but don't do it on this. Not now. Let them live in their well deserved glory. Doing these kind of discussions prior to an event like this is all fair and fine, but after; all it does to me, is belittle one or in some cases both of the wrestlers.

To me, a better thread would be, "Which wrestlers were the big surprises this year?" - Or - "Which boy came onto the scene when there wasn't much known about him before?"

Daniel White is one of most powerful and explosive wrestler that was at the state tournament. George Harmon and Colton Popp most definitely would find it difficult getting a shot on him. He beat one of the best wrestler in New York Ryan Jones of Phoenix ranked #2 in Section 3.

Is White going to the Nationals? That would be a great test of his ability!

Joel Brimer would beat Wesley from Baylor. They both were at the G.I.T. and Joel was in the finals and won it over this kid from Orange County(NC). So I think it is safe to say Joel would win. Wesley is a great wrestler and he looks tough. But en route of winning the state title Joel beat Ben Heacock(Franklin), Matt Watson(Bradley) and returning state finalist Brett Shields(Pigeon Forge). You can't argue with those results. And Joel wrestled the way he wrestled at the state tournament all season.

I would love to see Watson(Baylor) and Hames(Bradley) wrestle.

Just my opinion here, so take it for what you want

But the comparisons ya'll are doing with who would be the "true" champ between the DI & the DII champs is a bit much. To me, it is taking away from what these boys have accomplished. Why not just let it be? My goodness, whatever would come out o this doesn't matter. It's not gonna happen so why belittle what they have won?

I understand that there is always some fun in thinking who would win a match-up, but don't do it on this. Not now. Let them live in their well deserved glory. Doing these kind of discussions prior to an event like this is all fair and fine, but after; all it does to me, is belittle one or in some cases both of the wrestlers.

To me, a better thread would be, "Which wrestlers were the big surprises this year?" - Or - "Which boy came onto the scene when there wasn't much known about him before?"

Great thoughts, your heart is obviously in the right place.....but, this is about wrestling, and comparisons, and keeping things interesting....probably all of the men have already sized up the other division at state, and these are just opinions after all...articulated rankings if you will, which adults and wrestlers alike appreciate and enjoy...I am impressed with the savvy of most of the posters, and let's face it, blogging is not faceless but the "online face", where we cannot hear inflections, where it is ubiquitous, where typing/spell-check/casual grammer, etc. is out there for all to read and misinterpret.....th mature and savvy ones are quick to apologize for the mis-statements that are largely caused by the "medium"....anyway, I and our family truly enjoy this experience, ain't the end of the world, find the good in it, ignore/correct the fools, keep on keepi' on...by the way , ghouse, I believe Cash would not get maj dec, too good an athlete, and might manage that matchup as he has done all year to win...agree with that which I can form an opinion on(don't know All of the other D1 wrestlers), and would trust you on the others as I have seen you in operation! I grow tired....