Dyer County Bulldogs

SaintKnute

I agree with you when you say that DC's upcoming talent isn't coming from Dyersburg High because he already has them tranfering from Dyersburg Middle before they can get to high school. What is McCord doing at Dyersburg Middle School games in the first place unless he is looking for the "real" talent.

LOL!!!! man o man...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you when you say that DC's upcoming talent isn't coming from Dyersburg High because he already has them tranfering from Dyersburg Middle before they can get to high school. What is McCord doing at Dyersburg Middle School games in the first place unless he is looking for the "real" talent.

Yea, he was sitting right beside Coach Cal and Bruce Pearl. I think Pat Summit was at the girls game as well !

He`s not recriuting anyone. He`s just talking to the parents and trying to help them find work up here. You know the DCHS unemployment office ya`ll like to discuss. hehe!!!!

Yea, he was sitting right beside Coach Cal and Bruce Pearl. I think Pat Summit was at the girls game as well !

He`s not recriuting anyone. He`s just talking to the parents and trying to help them find work up here. You know the DCHS unemployment office ya`ll like to discuss. hehe!!!!

All this talk about D.C. recruiting ................ MY, MY, MY ! I GUARANTEE you that DHS athletics AIN'T "spotless" ! I will not elaborate, BUT trust me when I say .......... I DO KNOW ! "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" (Letters should be in red) !

Wow, what are we doing? This is crazy! Dyer County is the better team, yes, I typed that . . . BUT the assistant in black for DC was smiling while talking to Rex P. Take my word.(probably won't . . . o well) The refs were inconsistant. Bad calls both ways. I have read every single post on both threads. (Dyer County Bulldogs, and DB.DC.3) The thing I notice is that regardless of what we say, we are going to defend our schools no matter what. We will say "good luck" or "gg" or "you are good", but we (notice I say we) are going to post things even if we know that they are wrong as long as we think they will strengthen our respected school's image. That's the bottom line. The Yankee fan on here obvisouly holds a grudge against Dyersburg from when they played Jackson teams in District play, or maybe that person is a DC supporter. adsmom is . . . well . . . very excited about her team, but seems to be a bit border line on somethings (but so am I) forkeddeer9022, is well, upset. Rightfully so, DC fans, the reason you feel the way you do (puleeze . . . don't be offended in all seriousnes!) is because for almost 6 years, you lost to DB in football, the Lady Trojans held a 12 straight winning streak against you, and our boys team had put up some pretty . . . well wide-margined victories over the years. Again I know this is the past, but hang with me, I'm trying to prove a point . . .

Dec. 6, 2003, 44-41; Trojan win.

Dec. 19, 2004, 54-43; Trojan win.

Jan 13, 2004, 62-49; Trojan win.

Dec 10, 2005, 72-41, Trojan win.

Dec. 17, 2005, 53-29; Trojan win.

Jan. 6, 2006, 72-41; Trojan win.

Jan. 31, 2006, 75-34; Trojan win.

And ya'll want more than anything to enjoy this year of athletics (especially the wins against DB, and rightfully so.

. . . Then comes the controversial team change. DC wins 5 in a row. They deserved it, they also get a win football. You people know how it feels to lose (no offense, everybody loses, that's the point) . Must of DC's fans know how to handle winning because they were around when the chocs won a state title in football, or they were around when DC went to state in basketball back in . . . 2001 (I think) The problem is arising when some fans don't know how to handle winning, but the problem also is largely at Dyersburg. Some people in Dyersburg are too young or to ignorant to know how to handle losing. They have seen the success over the years, and don't know how to lose to DC. People that's the problem. The tides have changed. Dyer County has/is beating Dyersburg in the two "fan friendly" sports. (basketball and football) Live with it! There time will end, our's will come. We'll have to see how long it takes. It might be a year or maybe even 15. I hope people understand this and the meaning. I also hope it isn't taken the wrong way. I'm just trying to ease things in a civil, fair way, and I expect DC fans to post the scores of your 5 straight wins because my point wasn't to brag, but to prove a point.

GO CHOCTAWS, GO TROJANS, AND GOOD NIGHT. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great post Matt ! You are quite the diplomat ! I'm proud to say that I know you & proud of the young man you've become ! Give my best to your Dad !

You are a joke...God knows you should stop posting...DMS..puleeeeze!!! Another WHINER!!! Cry me a flippin river!!

(mattfromdburg @ Feb 19 2008 - 11:35 PM)

Wow, what are we doing? This is crazy! Dyer County is the better team, yes, I typed that . . . BUT the assistant in black for DC was smiling while talking to Rex P. Take my word.(probably won't . . . o well) The refs were inconsistant. Bad calls both ways. I have read every single post on both threads. (Dyer County Bulldogs, and DB.DC.3) The thing I notice is that regardless of what we say, we are going to defend our schools no matter what. We will say "good luck" or "gg" or "you are good", but we (notice I say we) are going to post things even if we know that they are wrong as long as we think they will strengthen our respected school's image. That's the bottom line. The Yankee fan on here obvisouly holds a grudge against Dyersburg from when they played Jackson teams in District play, or maybe that person is a DC supporter. adsmom is . . . well . . . very excited about her team, but seems to be a bit border line on somethings (but so am I) forkeddeer9022, is well, upset. Rightfully so, DC fans, the reason you feel the way you do (puleeze . . . don't be offended in all seriousnes!) is because for almost 6 years, you lost to DB in football, the Lady Trojans held a 12 straight winning streak against you, and our boys team had put up some pretty . . . well wide-margined victories over the years. Again I know this is the past, but hang with me, I'm trying to prove a point . . .

Dec. 6, 2003, 44-41; Trojan win.

Dec. 19, 2004, 54-43; Trojan win.

Jan 13, 2004, 62-49; Trojan win.

Dec 10, 2005, 72-41, Trojan win.

Dec. 17, 2005, 53-29; Trojan win.

Jan. 6, 2006, 72-41; Trojan win.

Jan. 31, 2006, 75-34; Trojan win.

And ya'll want more than anything to enjoy this year of athletics (especially the wins against DB, and rightfully so.

. . . Then comes the controversial team change. DC wins 5 in a row. They deserved it, they also get a win football. You people know how it feels to lose (no offense, everybody loses, that's the point) . Must of DC's fans know how to handle winning because they were around when the chocs won a state title in football, or they were around when DC went to state in basketball back in . . . 2001 (I think) The problem is arising when some fans don't know how to handle winning, but the problem also is largely at Dyersburg. Some people in Dyersburg are too young or to ignorant to know how to handle losing. They have seen the success over the years, and don't know how to lose to DC. People that's the problem. The tides have changed. Dyer County has/is beating Dyersburg in the two "fan friendly" sports. (basketball and football) Live with it! There time will end, our's will come. We'll have to see how long it takes. It might be a year or maybe even 15. I hope people understand this and the meaning. I also hope it isn't taken the wrong way. I'm just trying to ease things in a civil, fair way, and I expect DC fans to post the scores of your 5 straight wins because my point wasn't to brag, but to prove a point.

GO CHOCTAWS, GO TROJANS, AND GOOD NIGHT.

Ok, I have read every stinking post, on both of these threads. First I have to say, I am thoroughly exhausted, and my boss would not be happy with how I spent my time today.

Second I have to say that this is by far the best post I have seen in a long time.

I will not pretend to know the depth of the problems you folks have with each other. I dont know it, I cant understand it, so I cannot really speak to them /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> EXCEPT for what is said right in this post. And that is:

Learning to be a good winner and learning to be a good loser.

Everyone is taught from the time they start playing sports that you cannot be a sore loser. You cannot get all bent out of shape and red in the face, spittin mad when you lose. You cannot sit and blame it on someone else, or the refs, the umpires, the field has a crown to it. You lose, you accept it, and try to get better. That is what coaches teach. But what about winning?

How we react as winners says as much about our character as how we react when we lose. Treating the other team with dignity and class. Supporting them and their disappointment at the fact that they too just busted their tail trying to win a ball game, and just fell short.

We all have feelings, and NOBODY LIKES to lose. That would be nuts. I would think that nobody would come to ACCEPT losing either. I hate losing more than anyone on this board. I can promise you that. I stinking HATE it. And when I win, I make sure to understand that the opponent just got let down emotionally also.

It is called caring about your fellow humans. It is one of the most basic things in life. Caring.

Im not taking sides here, except to say that one of my favorite posters is in this thread....but we all can learn some lessons from this. There are hard times all over this country, and right now, all over this state. There is no harm from coming together and trying to beat each others tails, and then having a handshake or a hug afterwards.

Thanks for letting me chime in. I will hang up and listen.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Awww...gatorbill, that was good!!! Message to dhendren84...You may want to try and focus on YOUR TEAM in a positive manner..instead of wasting all your energy cutting ours down. You spend all your time talking about OUR team and not your own. Might do you a world of good to focus your energy in a more positive way.....either that or get yourself a Choctaw shirt.

Awww...gatorbill, that was good!!! Message to dhendren84...You may want to try and focus on YOUR TEAM in a positive manner..instead of wasting all your energy cutting ours down. You spend all your time talking about OUR team and not your own. Might do you a world of good to focus your energy in a more positive way.....either that or get yourself a Choctaw shirt.

adsmom...want me 2 get a shirt for him-- i can get a shirt /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

adsmom...want me 2 get a shirt for him-- i can get a shirt /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Yes.......although he PROBABLY already has one. Don't you know??? MOST of 'em secretly love us. CHOCTAW LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haaaaaaaa!haaaaaaa!!!!!!!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Yes.......although he PROBABLY already has one. Don't you know??? MOST of 'em secretly love us. CHOCTAW LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haaaaaaaa!haaaaaaa!!!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> WOW... GO YOU!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Go all Ninja on them!

thanks!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ya know, back when I first started coaching baseball, I realized at the end of my first season that I spent most of my time concentrating on how horrible the umpires were, and never really was able to see how horrible my own TEAM was. (that was my very first coachng gig)

It took about 3 years for me to finally get over that. I probably overcompesated the other way for a year or so after that. But I put out some darn good baseball players, and we got to where we won a TON of baseball. Because I focused on the positive, and let the negatives go.

Same with basketball. I have not coached near the basketball that I have baseball and football, but I have stood there staring down refs. Talking crap with the opposing coach because he left the press on all game, when my team was down by 30. But that coach and I became great friends. And when I was able to teach my kids to win, I made sure than when I was up by 30, I kept my press on..hahahahaha, but at least I spoke to the other coach about it first. ("ya want me to stop the press, or do you want your kids to have to work on it some")

It is all a learning process!!! and I have as much or more to learn that any of you!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Go Team.

thanks!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ya know, back when I first started coaching baseball, I realized at the end of my first season that I spent most of my time concentrating on how horrible the umpires were, and never really was able to see how horrible my own TEAM was. (that was my very first coachng gig)

It took about 3 years for me to finally get over that. I probably overcompesated the other way for a year or so after that. But I put out some darn good baseball players, and we got to where we won a TON of baseball. Because I focused on the positive, and let the negatives go.

Same with basketball. I have not coached near the basketball that I have baseball and football, but I have stood there staring down refs. Talking crap with the opposing coach because he left the press on all game, when my team was down by 30. But that coach and I became great friends. And when I was able to teach my kids to win, I made sure than when I was up by 30, I kept my press on..hahahahaha, but at least I spoke to the other coach about it first. ("ya want me to stop the press, or do you want your kids to have to work on it some")

It is all a learning process!!! and I have as much or more to learn that any of you!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Go Team.

I thought the same thing during my first years of playing and coaching baseball but i finally realized that you have to adjust to the way the umpires/refs are making calls and my teams started getting better and i became an "OK" player my old coach thought i became a GREAT player but i don't believe him!!