REGION 5AA

highschoolgameday22

There is nothing wrong with a fan stating that they were bored by a "stall' tactic. Certainly does not make them an idiot. It WAS boring and I hope we don't see it again as well. Effective, yes, but still boring. I think we all like to see a fast paced, leave it all on the floor, type of game. So what, that's what being a "fan" is all about. You paid to get in! Great example is the UT-Memphis game last night. WOW.

I didn't say the fan was an idiot. Were you at the latest CPA/DL game? Is sounds like you were. If you were bored at that game you need to check your pulse. The UT-Memphis game was exciting. So was the CPA/DL game. Now, if every game turns into a run and gun, mugged under the basket, low shooting percentage, but, hey, lots of dunks kind of game - now THAT would be boring. Oh, wait, we already have that, it's called the NBA. That kind of game sure has been good for their ratings. Give me a good high school or college game - whatever the strategy - any night of the week.

I don't care if it's 1-0 or 100-99, if CPA and DL play again, it will be exciting.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I promised I would let this go, but the idocy of such a statement is just too much to pass up.

If you mean that the most recent DL/CPA game was boring, keep reading. If you mean that the strategy in general is boring read no further. Never mind.

If you're still reading, go to post #137 on the "9AA Tourney, Thoughts?" thread. Then, check for a pulse. I think you're dead.

OK. No more. I promise.

Agreed. Here's a good rule for all. If you don't understand the strategy of a sport, then only read the posts and DO NOT reply or post. If you have a reasonable understanding of the more strategic aspects of a sport, then feel free to post!

SND

CPA needs to focus on FRA and DL needs to focus on Giles County. If they both pass that test, then we can rehash game strategy for that game.

Well said. All of the teams (36) left are capable of having a big night and winning or they wouldn't be where they are. FRA can beat CPA if they are overlooked and play well.

Giles County is always good and athletic. Lipscomb took CPA to OT at CPA early in the year without a spread offense, stall or whatever you want to call it.

So Region 5 is up for grabs. Gotta make it to the finals to keep playing.

CPA took care of business easily over FRA tonight. The final score was 60-45, but CPA could have easily won by 35-40 if they had kept the starters in. It was 18-4 after the first qtr., and CPA was up by 30+ in the 3rd quarter. They pulled starters, FRA cut it to 21, then CPA extended the lead again, pulled their starters at the beginning of the 4th, with FRA finally getting it to 15 at the end.

Mason and Miller were unstoppable. I personally think Miller could have scored 40 if he had wanted to be selfish. FRA just didn't have an answer for him. Kennedy had some great shooting after the game was out of hand, and he probably ended up with 4-5 threes. There is no doubt - he is a great shooter, but too little, too late.