REGION 5AA

highschoolgameday22

Doctorno....I think I clarified my position pretty well and gave credit to everyone that I could think of. I even conceded the fact that I don't see and hear everything our students do and say. I think I was extremely agreeable with most of your earlier points. I also agree that every school has it's blemishes. No problem...no one is perfect or even getting close. I'll even go as far as to say that FRA has been a great host to CPA evey time we're on your grounds. You have great kids and a wonderful institution. You also have a tremendous new football coach coming your way. A great man.

But...you've made this personal. (there's that word again) So, I just want to conclude this debate (I take it you like to debate..captain of your high school team maybe) and just say, and you DESERVE this for not allowing me any middle ground or to concede any of your points,....if you want to cut to the chase, this year, CPA beat your team and your coach of the year....3 times by a total of 55 points. Or is that not credible? Then again, you don't have to answer that because I don't care what you think either.

Puh-leeze. Save the sanctimonius "you made it personal" garbarge. Go back and re-read your posts and mine. Just two quick things: (1) I never said I didn't care what you think. I said I didn't care who made the post. Once again, re-read. (2) Thanks for putting me in my place by pointing out that you beat FRA. Good team. Good school. Personally, not a fan of the Panthers. But, to save you the trouble of adding up all of the scores for all of the other 9AA schools CPA beat this season, let me quickly add, yes, you beat the team I am a fan of every time you played us this year. Congratulations. Heck, if I had a vote, I would have given it to Maddux as well. The point that several people have been trying to get across is that your (collective) smugness makes us wish that if we had voted for Maddux, we could immediately take it back and use it on someone else.

Good luck in the sectional to your Lions. Z Mason is the best big man I've seen this year. Hunter Miller has icewater in his veins and, in some ways, I'm not sure he's not more valuable than Z. All of the other players are really good and work really hard. Your manager is highly devoted and loyal. I wish you all the best. Just thought I'd let you know. Not that you care...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are you to imply that anyone is classless, imperfect, or disrespectful? Where do you get off on making any comment that would degrade any fan of any team? Everyone that follows a team does so with passion and love for the game and the team. Yes, they are going to expand their boundaries in releasing their emotions....that is why we participate in watching sports. It is fun to follow a team and support them with every ounce of encouragement, praise, and faithfulness we have. No one is being rude, crude or evil they are just taking part and enjoying the rivalry between teams. Every school takes part, every school has their traditions, every school has their unique way of supporting their team. They do it to show support and cheer their team on to victory. They do it when they are the champions and they do it when they're not. That is what a faithful fan does.

When a school has a great team and a great coach they have even more reason to support their team. Why, because they believe in the players, the coach and what they stand for. I believe that is why you will find loyal, dedicated, and excited CPA fans.

How is saying that every team has players, or fans, or coaches or whatever, that sometimes "create a less than desirable impression" is degrading anyone? I haven't degraded anyone. I've only tried to point out that no team or group of fans is perfect (contrary to some statements on here). CPA's fans, like most other schools, are loyal, dedicated and excited. Sometimes some of them cross the line. Just like fans at other schools. If you came in late, go back and read all of the posts from CPA fans saying things like "there is no way anyone could possibly take offense at anything we do." (Paraphrased.) The point is simple - some people don't see it that way. Nothing degrading about that. Just a different opinion about what is appropriate and what is not.

For what it's worth, I have never named any players (or fans for that matter) as some have. You may not agree with everything (anything) I say, but I do agree with every person who has stated that calling out high school players by name is below the belt.

This is getting ridiculous! If I was a CPA Fan I would sit back and laugh at every post that I read and then laugh some more. But no, you have to keep trying to defend your team. Why? Your record speaks for itself. Like someone else said, sit back and enjoy your success, quit trying to defend it. No one should have to defend success unless you personally question your success. In your case there should be no question. I was really trying to change my attitude about your organization because I thought you were beginning to act like true winners. I know you are winners, I know your record, so please save your response. From what I read here, my initial feelings about CPA this year is correct. I tried to be nice with my compliments and best wishes, but no I was ripped along with the rest of us "pitiful fans of lousy teams".

You have an awesome team this year, you will have an awesome team next year, and then...... will "your coach of the year" stick around for your "next awesome team". Good question, I know!!!

Consider it "over" with the coach thing as long as you get over the whole "Z" thing. I never said the other coaches were "flat out wrong"....you did. My post was anything but disrespectful. I paid tribute to Coach Pierce and stated the facts. Facts and a record that can't be argued along with a tone of respect for the game and the hard work all the players and coaches put in. To imply that CPA doesn't need as good a coach, because it has a "Z", is completely disrespectful to everyone in our camp.

Give me a break. Gloves off. You have a great team, and I have tried to acknowledge that. Why do you downplay Z Mason, he is the real deal. He is a coach's dream as well as a teammate's dream. Why do CPA fans have a problem realizing without Z you are just like the rest of us. We all know that you have Hunter Miller and we have Shawn Kennedy. And we all know that we all have equally upcoming players. So, game changes every year, and results change every year and that doesn't look good for you guys in a couple of years does it?

How is saying that every team has players, or fans, or coaches or whatever, that sometimes "create a less than desirable impression" is degrading anyone? I haven't degraded anyone. I've only tried to point out that no team or group of fans is perfect (contrary to some statements on here). CPA's fans, like most other schools, are loyal, dedicated and excited. Sometimes some of them cross the line. Just like fans at other schools. If you came in late, go back and read all of the posts from CPA fans saying things like "there is no way anyone could possibly take offense at anything we do." (Paraphrased.) The point is simple - some people don't see it that way. Nothing degrading about that. Just a different opinion about what is appropriate and what is not.

For what it's worth, I have never named any players (or fans for that matter) as some have. You may not agree with everything (anything) I say, but I do agree with every person who has stated that calling out high school players by name is below the belt.

Trust me....I haven't come in late. I have been here all along..... Like you said, "Just a difference of opinion." I think you are justifying your degrading attitude.

Why do you downplay Z Mason, he is the real deal. He is a coach's dream as well as a teammate's dream. Why do CPA fans have a problem realizing without Z you are just like the rest of us.

Probably because there are players, friends of players, mamas and papas or whoever who are posting and feel the need to make sure their boy gets some attention. Or maybe it is because there is too much familiarity with Mason that CPA doesn't realize what they have, as hard as that may be to believe. When you talk about coaches, their are other rivals. I, like others, feel that arguments could have been made for three different coaches for 9AA coach of the year this year and all would have a strong case. When you talk about perimeter players, CPA's perimeters have their rivals. I personally feel, as an overall group, I would take Lipscomb's 4 perimeter players over CPA's 4 perimeter players. This is the main reason why I think Lipscomb was able to compete with CPA this year even though CPA has good perimeter players.

But when you talk about Mason he has no rival, not only in the district, but in this region this year. He is so big physically and so athletic and very skilled that he brings a presence to the floor that no other player brings. His presence brings confidence to others. I am beginning to wonder if he has a rival at his position in the state this year. Someone keeps trying to mention Jenkins as a way to show it can't be about a one man team, but in some ways that is comparing apples and oranges. Jenkins is a perimeter and has rivals, though they may be few. I am also sure Jenkins does not affect the defensive end as much as Mason.

So when others of us know there are other good coaches, there are other hard working teams, there are other good players then what is the one factor that sets CPA apart this year? The obvious answer to the rest of us is Mason which doesn't take away from any of the other positive contributions of all the others in the program. For some reason CPA fans feel insulted if that is your opinion. I say let the Big Man carry you as far as he can take you and enjoy the ride. No he isn't doing it alone, he only scored 60% of the points in the region championship game and can't defend everyone, but it certainly isn't going to be done without him. (And yes I do realize there are those games when he does not carry that much of the load, but be glad he can do it when needed.)

" I am beginning to wonder if he has a rival at his position in the state this year."

if you threw Z in a game with the Antioch boys it wouldnt be pretty... not only would the guards take it when he brought the ball down (which he has a bad habit of doing) but when he went up to score it would get tossed to half court.. im not saying he wouldnt score but those back three including Wells and McAdoo would give him trouble

I kinda think it's time for all this "healthy" banter to stop. I'm a HUGE CPA fan...but I'm done. I am just enjoying our success and really enjoying watching the boys prepare for and continually get closer to their goal, which is to make it 3-15-08 (just like the back of the shirts). They are so excited! And with good reason! I can only pray that they don't read here, some of this stuff could be really harmful. I think everyone has gone a little too far and made fools of themselves...including me a time or two. Anyways, good luck to Giles Co. on Monday, as they are the only other 5AA team left. Congrats to the other 9AA programs for a great year. I truely think this district has great things in store for the future!

Probably because there are players, friends of players, mamas and papas or whoever who are posting and feel the need to make sure their boy gets some attention. Or maybe it is because there is too much familiarity with Mason that CPA doesn't realize what they have, as hard as that may be to believe. When you talk about coaches, their are other rivals. I, like others, feel that arguments could have been made for three different coaches for 9AA coach of the year this year and all would have a strong case. When you talk about perimeter players, CPA's perimeters have their rivals. I personally feel, as an overall group, I would take Lipscomb's 4 perimeter players over CPA's 4 perimeter players. This is the main reason why I think Lipscomb was able to compete with CPA this year even though CPA has good perimeter players.

But when you talk about Mason he has no rival, not only in the district, but in this region this year. He is so big physically and so athletic and very skilled that he brings a presence to the floor that no other player brings. His presence brings confidence to others. I am beginning to wonder if he has a rival at his position in the state this year. Someone keeps trying to mention Jenkins as a way to show it can't be about a one man team, but in some ways that is comparing apples and oranges. Jenkins is a perimeter and has rivals, though they may be few. I am also sure Jenkins does not affect the defensive end as much as Mason.

So when others of us know there are other good coaches, there are other hard working teams, there are other good players then what is the one factor that sets CPA apart this year? The obvious answer to the rest of us is Mason which doesn't take away from any of the other positive contributions of all the others in the program. For some reason CPA fans feel insulted if that is your opinion. I say let the Big Man carry you as far as he can take you and enjoy the ride. No he isn't doing it alone, he only scored 60% of the points in the region championship game and can't defend everyone, but it certainly isn't going to be done without him. (And yes I do realize there are those games when he does not carry that much of the load, but be glad he can do it when needed.)

I do not agree (big surprise) that "Z" is the only factor that sets CPA apart this year. And no, I don't feel an instinctive need to build up the other players. I'm just more team minded. I will concede that it is hard to argue the numbers regarding "Z". He simply hasn't been contained by anyone he's played, so far, in the state. The 4 Lipscomb guards are an excellent perimeter. They are smart and skilled. Lipscomb is a tough, well coached team that figured out to best play CPA. It is interesting though that the CPA perimeter scored 125 of the 186 points scored in the three games against Lipscomb. But sure, also in those games "Z" blocked several shots and pulled down rebounds that could have gone the other way.

I kinda think it's time for all this "healthy" banter to stop. I'm a HUGE CPA fan...but I'm done. I am just enjoying our success and really enjoying watching the boys prepare for and continually get closer to their goal, which is to make it 3-15-08 (just like the back of the shirts). They are so excited! And with good reason! I can only pray that they don't read here, some of this stuff could be really harmful. I think everyone has gone a little too far and made fools of themselves...including me a time or two. Anyways, good luck to Giles Co. on Monday, as they are the only other 5AA team left. Congrats to the other 9AA programs for a great year. I truely think this district has great things in store for the future!

I agree and plan to move on. I've said to much as well.