Region 4 AA

Wildcat 1970

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA will play in the finals of this region and should win it all. oh and good luck to you too!

LA should play in the semifinals. Good luck to them there. They will need it.

I'll talk to you next Tuesday devilfanatic. You may end up being correct, but I doubt it. Station Camp losing in the district championship game was a disastrous result for LA. You'll see soon enough.

Good luck to all.

LA should play in the semifinals. Good luck to them there. They will need it.

I'll talk to you next Tuesday devilfanatic. You may end up being correct, but I doubt it. Station Camp losing in the district championship game was a disastrous result for LA. You'll see soon enough.

Good luck to all.

Wow i was unaware that SC lost in the championship game. I just didn't think White House was that good. I mean no disrespect to WH, I know they have a good team i just didn't think they could beat SC but i haven't kept up with them that close either. I know we played them in camp this summer and outside of the big guy no one stood out. We actually won the game but they might have been missing some players i'm not sure but i also know that was just camp. That does set up a monumental semi final matchup for sure. Too bad i can't be in two places at one time! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Dunn vs. Jenkins?

Is Jenkins all that SC has?....LA has some very good players, probably a better team

If LA rebounds, they win by 7

My question is have you seen camp play? If not, don't pass judgement on who the better "team" is. Camp has a 6-4 post who can shoot the mid-range and goes hard to the basket off the dribble. He's a major matchup problem, when he stays out of foul trouble that is. They have a very good defender that will look eye-to-eye with Dunn (neither is blessed with big stature, but both are extremely quick). A couple of kids have really come along as the season has gone along, the point guard and the shooting guard. The shooting guard hit six threes in Monday's championship game. They also have a couple of forwards who play their roles well, play tough defensively and rebound. And Jenkins isn't a normal player. He's not a 20-point per game scorer. He's pumping in 30 a night on average. As long as he takes good shots, he's incredibly tough to defend. Teams have attempted to guard him with two guys recently. I'm by no means a camp fan, but I've seen them play three or four times. Livingston has had a great year, but I can't see them beating Camp. Good luck to all though. Both teams have to win one before they get a shot at each other.

The other players for SC are good, quite good actually, but for whatever reason don't seem to function well without Jenkins getting the ball and making the decisions. Their post is a very capable player, but is also very streaky. If he gets a little confidence early, he can be deadly. Otherwise he's just another guy missing shots. Jenkins is the real deal, though, averaging 35 points per game in the district tournament despite nonstop double teams in both games. He shoots 50% from everywhere on his off nights and is tenacious on the offensive glass. He makes them a tough game on any night, and it sounds like there will be a fun semifinal match up (should they both win over the weekend).

And, yes, WH is that good. They have great guard play and return a huge chunk of the team that made it to state last year. The way they gameplan for teams might be their strength, because they had SC's number in the championship. Very solid team that doesn't beat themselves.