4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest concern about Blackman is whether their great LB have help from his line. Blackman has never been as deep as it needed to and had way too many playing both ways on the line and it always showed in the second half as they were exhausted. Same goes for Siegel as while they say they are working hard in the weight room in the off season, they do NOT show it in the field.

Guys, this isnt my first rodeo. So you all out there that think I am just some rookie off the streets are severely mistaken. I never said that I didnt think Blackman would be talented. But lets face it, theyve been talented in the past, and have done nothing with it. The past two seasons they should have easily been in the top 4 of the region but have failed to produce. And dont give me the, "were real young" excuse, theyve been real young for the past 4 years, eventually they must get older! But I didnt mean to be the Blackman hater on here, I just posted my opinion. And dont worry, if the Blaze are still playing in November I will be the first one on here to eat some crow.

Guys, this isnt my first rodeo. So you all out there that think I am just some rookie off the streets are severely mistaken. I never said that I didnt think Blackman would be talented. But lets face it, theyve been talented in the past, and have done nothing with it. The past two seasons they should have easily been in the top 4 of the region but have failed to produce. And dont give me the, "were real young" excuse, theyve been real young for the past 4 years, eventually they must get older! But I didnt mean to be the Blackman hater on here, I just posted my opinion. And dont worry, if the Blaze are still playing in November I will be the first one on here to eat some crow.

ok so which of the 4 playoff teams were they better than last year?...the region was tough and while blackman may have been pretty good and balanced who was in the playoffs that blackman should have been in there for?

glad you will still be with us in november...that is all one can ask for!

i'll prepare the crow...i'v eaten enough to know how to cook it up real tender...but it still has a bad after taste /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

and i'll be ready to eat some as well if need be... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

but here are a few thoughts...3 years ago when blackman went 0-10...the talent on that team was not very good at all...guys tried hard...but it was really bad

the next year...the two defensive mvp's for the year were sophomores...what does that tell ya...and therefore we went 2-8...no way we make the playoffs...by the way...in 5A ball...sophomore starters tell much more about the talent level of the team than it does the sophomore starter...my boy was one of those and he was NOT ready to start at MLB as a skinny, small, non-developed, no hair under his armpit kid in this 5A region...but he did not have the luxuary to...and alot of our losses were blowouts...

last year...we should have made the playoffs...we had enough talent...actually beat 4 playoff teams...but 8 fumbles in the red zone during the last three games killed us...and oakland and siegel came to play...and overall the talent across the region was (i was told) as good as it has been in a long time...

so the talent has been there only one of the last three years...that was last year

and as i've said...this year looks different...taste different...and smells different...whether it is different or not...time will tell

and...i apologize if it came across that you were a rookie on football...that is not what i meant...i just meant you were a rookie on coach T...as always...would love to meet you if you are around blackman...

PBD /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Some very interesting discussions on here.

LOD,,,,,,I miss Cat too. I would really like to hear his input on the new hire. He always had the goods and could add some humorous twists along the way. I expected to see him on the MTCS thread by now though. I also will add that I saw his son's name on the WKU Dean's List and it is great to see that he has recovered so well.

Otter, the point that you made about Oakland was on the money. Losing the DC could prove costly. Folk that didn't follow OHS and just read the box scores don't know how the D kept us from being humiliated more than once. When your O has 5 or 6 turnovers in a game......well it is a true test for the Dc to say the least. I would have lost my cool for sure to hold them 3 and out only to be back on the field one play later. I am hoping to return to the playoffs. We have a lot of battle-tested players returning esp on the line and D . I just hope we add a little spice to the fire.

It is Blackman's year to prove themselves or Wells is on his way out. You are mistaking tdntn for a Blackman fan. He was the one who talked up BHS so much last yr on here. He is a Riverdale fan with friends that were on BHS's team.

Welcome to the T, boroguy. Hope you stick around. Our ranks are getting thin on here Many regular folk have moved on once their kids graduated. We need new blood on here to brawl with. Our regular battles are getting worn.

ok so which of the 4 playoff teams were they better than last year?...the region was tough and while blackman may have been pretty good and balanced who was in the playoffs that blackman should have been in there for?

Ok RIVERDALE, for a minute please take off those red (or cardinal, or maroon, etc.) and gold colored glasses that your looking out of , and look at this from a rationale point of view. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I never meant that Blackman was as GOOD, but rather they were just as TALENTED as 3 of the 4 playoff teams last year. ( Definately not as talented as Smyrna) Blackman should of never gotten beaten at LaVergne in week 0 last year, and they for the first time since they '02 they had they horses to beat Riverdale last year.

Ok RIVERDALE, for a minute please take off those red (or cardinal, or maroon, etc.) and gold colored glasses that your looking out of , and look at this from a rationale point of view. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I never meant that Blackman was as GOOD, but rather they were just as TALENTED as 3 of the 4 playoff teams last year. ( Definately not as talented as Smyrna) Blackman should of never gotten beaten at LaVergne in week 0 last year, and they for the first time since they '02 they had they horses to beat Riverdale last year.

No offense guys, but just because you guys post on CoachT does not mean you guys all have this infinite amount of knowledge and those who dont or newbies, just have no clue what their talking about. That whole argument is completely archaic, so its time to put it to rest.

As for Riverdale, yes people have been saying for years and years the talent has gone down, but talent means nothing if its not used properly. Riverdale's talent has gone down a little, but not enough for it to make a huge difference. I absolutely do not believe it for a second that Riverdale will only win for 5-6 games when this program has been a lock for 10 wins every year for the past 16-17 years, and until that day comes, I expect nothing less from Riverdale.

Blackman was a break here and a break there from having a breakthrough season last year. They had a very stout defense that kept them in a lot of games, but the offense simply wasnt at that point yet. They dont have to score a ton of points for them to win, if they can just average in the 17-20 range every week, and if they defense returns to form, they will be a tough out each and every week for whoever has to face them.

riverdale would have been very hard to beat last year...THEIR OFFENSIVE LINE allowed them to move the ball and control the clock...and their defense was solid

we had as good of chance as we have had in YEARS...meaning...we did have better players and they were not as explosive as they had been in the previous 3 or 4 years...and the score was certainly closer 13-0 than the 63-0 or 56-7 scores the previous two years...but the game was never in doubt...they controlled the line of scrimage...and we could not move the ball

when you make statements like... "blackman was as talented as 3 or 4 playoff teams" and then use riverdale as an example...you are the only one i have heard do that concerning last years two teams...and the reason is because it was not true...again...riverdale's line was as good as i've ever seen in h.s. football...and i ain't no rookie to football either /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> case in point...blackman had two guys sign to pretty small but good schools and riverdale had i think...7...including one to florida state, one to navy (bowl game last 5 years), one to mtsu, and verge went somewhere??? bottom line...blackman WAS NOT as talented as riverdale last year...and again...you are the only one i've heard even remotely suggest that...

lavergne was a toss up and they won the toss...

i know we were not as talented as wilson central...they were loaded last year

and we were definitely not as talented as the dogs...but you already said that...see we agree /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

but keep it coming mr. boro...you are not disappearing and that is good for the T and the conversations...and i mean that sincerely... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

No offense guys, but just because you guys post on CoachT does not mean you guys all have this infinite amount of knowledge and those who dont or newbies, just have no clue what their talking about. That whole argument is completely archaic, so its time to put it to rest.

As for Riverdale, yes people have been saying for years and years the talent has gone down, but talent means nothing if its not used properly. Riverdale's talent has gone down a little, but not enough for it to make a huge difference. I absolutely do not believe it for a second that Riverdale will only win for 5-6 games when this program has been a lock for 10 wins every year for the past 16-17 years, and until that day comes, I expect nothing less from Riverdale.

Blackman was a break here and a break there from having a breakthrough season last year. They had a very stout defense that kept them in a lot of games, but the offense simply wasnt at that point yet. They dont have to score a ton of points for them to win, if they can just average in the 17-20 range every week, and if they defense returns to form, they will be a tough out each and every week for whoever has to face them.

"If they can just average in the 17-20 range every week, and if their defense returns to form, they will be a tough out each week for whoever has to face them." Isnt that the case for every team, not just the Blaze? So its not like your recreating the wheel either. But what form would you expect the Blaze defense to return to? The form that gave up 31 to Wilson Central, 24 to Siegel, or 28 to Oakland? None of which had exactly dynamic offenses.