4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

The '97 team with Locke & Co. that beat Munford in the title game was a very good squad as well.

that 97 team had a loss...the 2 best teams we had was 94 and 04 in my opinion the 2001 team was good but the other 2 teams were better with the 04 team they were never really challenged all through the playoffs

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaCatfish, I gotta agree with TDCman about the 2004 team being dang good. One of the best I've ever seen, maybe the best. You can hate on coach A all you want, but Fiz couldn't hold his jock. Pearl's back 2 back championship teams were as talented as any Hillsboro team that I ever saw play. I think both men r/were good for the players at their schools. Never heard of either throwing away letters meant for the players like a certain coach that is looking for a challenge.

DaCatfish, I gotta agree with TDCman about the 2004 team being dang good. One of the best I've ever seen, maybe the best. You can hate on coach A all you want, but Fiz couldn't hold his jock. Pearl's back 2 back championship teams were as talented as any Hillsboro team that I ever saw play. I think both men r/were good for the players at their schools. Never heard of either throwing away letters meant for the players like a certain coach that is looking for a challenge.

Which coach are you referring to when you say that?????

Fitzgerald won two state titles with his loaded teams in 4A. Aydelott won just 1 state title. That title was giftwrapped as well when Maryville (who Hillsboro hasn't beaten) lost in the semifinals to Morristown West.

IMO the numbers do not lie therefore Fitzgerald > Aydelott /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are RIGHT on the money. That is why I like A so much. He still helps the players even AFTER the season is over to get to college. You don't hear about kids not being able to participate in track or other sports after football b/c of grades anymore at RHS either. There has been much more talent than these boys that signed at great schools this yr at RHS and SHOULD have gone on to big schools. LOD along with others can tell you EXACTLY why that never happened.

I think the 94 team was absolutely the best athletes I ever saw assembled on one team at RHS.

You are RIGHT on the money. That is why I like A so much. He still helps the players even AFTER the season is over to get to college. You don't hear about kids not being able to participate in track or other sports after football b/c of grades anymore at RHS either. There has been much more talent than these boys that signed at great schools this yr at RHS and SHOULD have gone on to big schools. LOD along with others can tell you EXACTLY why that never happened.

I think the 94 team was absolutely the best athletes I ever saw assembled on one team at RHS.

so you think the 94 team was better than the 04 team?...both teams were pretty good i think 94 had more D1 talent but 04 the overall team was really good...

justin just recieved an offer from miami of ohio...

Just saw this on preptennesse.com about Josh Patton from Blackman.

Offer Heading to Patton

by Chris Layton of unauthorized website, July 11, 2008 at 2:23pm ET

Josh Patton Profile

Josh Patton just received information to expect an offer soon from Air Force. Patton was excited about the call and the prospects of the offer. Check back later on unauthorized website to find out more about this story.

I could be dead wrong but I saw both the 1997 team and the 2004 team play more than once and I think it is a toss-up, the 1997 was the only team I saw come even close to containing Chris Elam and the 2004 team was a machine.

I would pay BIG money to see the 97 team play the 2004 team. Would be a heck of a game reguardless of who won. Not possible of course but it is fun to imagine it. I am just glad my son was part of the 2004 machine. Was fun to watch.

Guest workinprogress

Which coach are you referring to when you say that?????

Fitzgerald won two state titles with his loaded teams in 4A. Aydelott won just 1 state title. That title was giftwrapped as well when Maryville (who Hillsboro hasn't beaten) lost in the semifinals to Morristown West.

IMO the numbers do not lie therefore Fitzgerald > Aydelott /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Both coaches are/were good. Fitzgerald did win two championships while A only won one. Fitzgerald was one of the best coaches at the time and was an even better person. Anyone who knows him would back me up on that. Im sure coach A is a good person too but Fitzgerald did wonders in a bad situation and helped kids and the community.

As far as "early 4 5A predictions, here is how I see things shaping up. I see the top five being Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Riverdale, and Lebanon. I think Smyrna will be down a bit but not much. Blackman I thought showed signs of turning the corner so to speak but just didnt have the confidence when it mattered. Oakland will be much improved and 'if' they can get a big win over Riverdale in week 0 they will get so momentum going and will be a contender. Riverdale will be down from the normal but I think they have too much depth not to make the playoffs. Lebanon could spoils things for several different teams. Siegel will be down, as will La Vergne and Wilson Central. I dont see anyone in the region going undefeated and I would guess that the region winner be probably even have one region loss. This region is always one of the top regions in the state and this year I think the top four will be very equally matched and will knock each other off. It should be fun to see how it all shakes out.