4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

Blackman does have a good site and have had for a while. The best I've seen in this area is Coffee County. Ravenwood has a good site.

I've got the feeling that Riverdale's is going to be very, very good. It looks super sharp right now but is still a little short on information.

Is Limbaugh doing it?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both coaches are/were good. Fitzgerald did win two championships while A only won one. Fitzgerald was one of the best coaches at the time and was an even better person. Anyone who knows him would back me up on that. Im sure coach A is a good person too but Fitzgerald did wonders in a bad situation and helped kids and the community.

As far as "early 4 5A predictions, here is how I see things shaping up. I see the top five being Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Riverdale, and Lebanon. I think Smyrna will be down a bit but not much. Blackman I thought showed signs of turning the corner so to speak but just didnt have the confidence when it mattered. Oakland will be much improved and 'if' they can get a big win over Riverdale in week 0 they will get so momentum going and will be a contender. Riverdale will be down from the normal but I think they have too much depth not to make the playoffs. Lebanon could spoils things for several different teams. Siegel will be down, as will La Vergne and Wilson Central. I dont see anyone in the region going undefeated and I would guess that the region winner be probably even have one region loss. This region is always one of the top regions in the state and this year I think the top four will be very equally matched and will knock each other off. It should be fun to see how it all shakes out.

You are right. When Maurice took the PC job in '90 they were absolutely horrible. Even his first couple of years they weren't very good. In '96 they overcame a bad 2-4 start and ran the table. They snuck into the playoffs by beating Maplewood & Cheatham Co. (Beard came off the bench due to an injury and ran wild from that night on throughout the remainder of his HSF career). In the playoffs their magical run ended with wins against Fayette Ware in the semifinals and then Knoxvilel Halls in the title game. The next year when they were the heavy favorite they absolutely crushed everyone. They dropped the season opener at MBA and never looked back following that game. In the playoffs that year they were not scored on at all in games against Shelbyville, Whites Creek, Springfield, and Dyersburg. They won the title by beating Maryville easily. In '98 they were again very good. In '99 they were again very good. In '01 they were again very good.

Pearl Cohn's run of dominance from '96-'05 was very impressive. In 2005 (Fitz's last year) they were 9-3. When you exclude the 2004 season (where they had to forfeit a couple of early season wins and never recovered mentally) then you'd be hard pressed to find a better era from any Metro/Nashville football team in a 10 year period.

Look at the S.O.S. that the Firebirds had then as well. Opponents included he likes of:

Brentwood Academy

Riverdale

MBA

Springfield

Whites Creek

Stratford

Maplewood

Hillsboro

Mt. Juliet

Beech

Cheatham Co. (plus Sycamore which was not in existance through some of those seasons)

Greenbrier

White House

Maryville

Dyersburg

Knoxville Halls

Fayette Ware

For one to say that Pearl's road was not tougher than Hillsboro's would be insane.

Just went to the new site and I will say it is the BEST it has ever looked. Much faster to load and read also.

I just wonder if my registering will work after I predicted a 5-5 season this year. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

with that kind of prediction it will take 5 time as long to for registration to take place sorry lol

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> No problem on my oart as I call them the way I see them. Besides there is more than one kind of motivation. Warriors play better when they are mad and have something to prove to someone they want to shut up. Better they be mad at me than someone who is innocent. And the Lord knows I am NOT innocent! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

overall the blaze gave up an average of about 15 or 16 points per game...that should work and it should be better than that with most starters returning...that is pretty good form...and since you like to make bold statements...i'll make one too...blackman defense will be VERY, VERY GOOD...and their will be NO crow eating on this one...for me at least

fumbles in the red zone (like 7 or 8 of them) don't help those scores either...go back and look at the stats and read the papers...you'll find out that our offense last year put our defense in SOME TERRIBLE positions ...especially in the three games you mentioned...so the defense is not really to blame when the offense turns the ball over on the 7 yard line (oakland knows what i am talking about)

once again...you make statements...but.........they are half true...it is true that these teams scored this many points...but it was not because our defense was not any good...keep coming boroguy...add a little research of the facts and you'll get there /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Man you're not kidding!!! That WC game last year was not a representation of the defense. Thanks to a few early turnovers WC was up like 21-0 by the halfway mark in the first quarter. Once the defeating ourselves stopped the defense did very well. I believe Blackman can do it this year. Avoiding the turnovers are the crucial piece of the puzzle that Blackman has always struggled with. If there is one thing worse than getting beat it is definitely beating yourself... Which happened a little too often last year. Look forward to this year and seeing what Blackman can produce should be exciting.

Man you're not kidding!!! That WC game last year was not a representation of the defense. Thanks to a few early turnovers WC was up like 21-0 by the halfway mark in the first quarter. Once the defeating ourselves stopped the defense did very well. I believe Blackman can do it this year. Avoiding the turnovers are the crucial piece of the puzzle that Blackman has always struggled with. If there is one thing worse than getting beat it is definitely beating yourself... Which happened a little too often last year. Look forward to this year and seeing what Blackman can produce should be exciting.

Good luck to you guys. Now you have special motivation to play for your coach'.

Did yall ever get a DC and an OC?

OK, here it is the Fair Coaches Poll!..................... any comments??

REGION 4-5A

1. Smyrna (tie)

1. Riverdale (tie)

3. Blackman

4. Lebanon

5. Siegel

6. Wilson Central

7. Oakland

8. La Vergne

Well, at least we are not last like in 07........................better watch us though /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

The Riverdale website forum is saying that their 2nd string QB has been "snagged" by MTCS. Any truth to this?

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/football/.../id,6/catid,10/

Read pages 2, 3, and 4. Looks like Shad really is a disciple of Rankin.

That could be the $64,000.00 question in Region 4 this year. Is that what it costs to go to MTCS? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Now I would like to know a couple of things to go with it. 'If' we have indeed lost a QB, be it second string or not, then WHO is paying the tuition and secondly does he have to sit out this year also?

Third and this would affect EVERYBODY in Region 4. If this is indeed going on then how long until it affects OTHER schools besides R'dale and Smyrna? Is MTCS gonna be given a pass to start an 'All Star' team from Rutherford County? So many questions and so FEW answers......at least ones that are straight! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

MTCS does have visions of moving beyond where they are. That was pretty obvious when the reached out and snagged Shadowens. Reading the tea leaves, I'd say they want to be slugging it out with MBA and BA in just a few years. Hey, I'm all for it as long as they do it right.

My guess is that the TSSAA will keep a pretty close eye on MTCS for a couple reasons. (1) They don't want to have another BA on their hands...hopefully they learned that its very difficult to put the Genie back in the bottle (2) There had to be some serious head-scratching after that transfer/non-transfer from Oakland a couple years ago. I'm guessing that put Shadowens on their radar.

The county is not building schools as quickly as they need to and that should make it easier for MTCS to do it the right way. Still, the schools in RC will probably feel the effect.

As far as the current transfer it is probably just a combination of not being able to snag the starting QB job and feeling that the wing-t is not a really good fit for his skill set. Did the word filter over that the door was open at MTCS...who knows....