4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

Well, I think a clamp needs to be put on it right now, especially if the kid doesn't have to sit out a year. Also they chose to play in the publics and they can't offer any aid for anyone. So someone best be finding out a few things. BTW, is Verge's dad wearing orange now? That is the current rumor.

TDC, you said it man........those of us at Oakland know how that one went down......loose lips sink ships.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think a clamp needs to be put on it right now, especially if the kid doesn't have to sit out a year. Also they chose to play in the publics and they can't offer any aid for anyone. So someone best be finding out a few things. BTW, is Verge's dad wearing orange now? That is the current rumor.

TDC, you said it man........those of us at Oakland know how that one went down......loose lips sink ships.

i'll have to ask darius...kinda hard to believe as there was a controversy with smyrna staff accusing him of recruiting and i even think some sort of meeting was called. he was only on staff at riverdale one year as a freshman coach i believe and that occured the year after

btw 2p, another rumor is 2 more ex-warriors will be coaching with the pats this year, 2 good ones. i think just freshman staff tho

btw, any chance WC loses some kids to the new Mt. Juliet hs? it is incredibly nice btw, INCREDIBLY NICE. nicest high school i have seen, but they definately need to widen their access road. lol, WC and lebanon dont have much of an access road either tho.

Yes, I hate going to games at Wilson Central. You practically have to park a mile away or on the side of the interstate. HAhahah

You are right on the money as usual, tdntn. Verge was the one accused by Smyrna of recruiting Jeremiah Bryson when he was in 8th grade. So if he is on the ship at MTCS, it would appear to be for recruiting purposes . It is well-known that Shad dislikes Coach A intensely.

Who are the ex-Warriors at OHS on freshman? I know that LUTER isn't coaching this year and Coach Bartch is the head coach at Cannon County. He took Coach Griz with him there. So that left only one coach, Moore, on the freshman staff. Not sure if he remained or not?

Yes, I hate going to games at Wilson Central. You practically have to park a mile away or on the side of the interstate. HAhahah

You are right on the money as usual, tdntn. Verge was the one accused by Smyrna of recruiting Jeremiah Bryson when he was in 8th grade. So if he is on the ship at MTCS, it would appear to be for recruiting purposes . It is well-known that Shad dislikes Coach A intensely.

Who are the ex-Warriors at OHS on freshman? I know that LUTER isn't coaching this year and Coach Bartch is the head coach at Cannon County. He took Coach Griz with him there. So that left only one coach, Moore, on the freshman staff. Not sure if he remained or not?

Wow Shad doesnt like coach A? dang 2P where does that come from i thought everyone liked coach A espcially when they had to deal with Rankin i thought coach A was a pleasant change

btw, any chance WC loses some kids to the new Mt. Juliet hs? it is incredibly nice btw, INCREDIBLY NICE. nicest high school i have seen, but they definately need to widen their access road. lol, WC and lebanon dont have much of an access road either tho.

Access roads to EVERY school in Region 4 leaves ALOT to be desired!

You can tell times have changed as usually this time of year R'dale alone usually has three or four topics on the 1st page an folks griping to have them all merged together. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Has anybody heard for SURE that MTCS has gotten on of R'dales players?

Access roads to EVERY school in Region 4 leaves ALOT to be desired!

You can tell times have changed as usually this time of year R'dale alone usually has three or four topics on the 1st page an folks griping to have them all merged together. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Has anybody heard for SURE that MTCS has gotten on of R'dales players?

yeah gabe our back up QB has left for MTCS

Wow Shad doesnt like coach A? dang 2P where does that come from i thought everyone liked coach A espcially when they had to deal with Rankin i thought coach A was a pleasant change

Nope this hatred goes back to the days when both were coaches in 4A . I learned about it from Smyrna folk. Bad blood for sure!! Something about an ex Smyrna coach who left and went to Hillsboro. Apparently Shad made a smart remark on the radio show about A right before they played 2 yrs ago. The result was the 49-0 shellacking that SHS suffered. Word was that was why they hired Wyant to even the score.

Going to be a shame he will have to sit out this year. I was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Agree with that. I really don't understand giving up your classmates and your junior year of HS football. Those will be things that he can never get back. I can see kids moving before their sophomore year to get in the right situation...but really not as juniors or seniors...especially just for football.

Of course, if he doesn't have to sit a year it's quite a bit different and makes a little more sense.

Who are some players that made that kind of move and it was successful? The only ones I can think of probably wish they hadn't.

Agree with that. I really don't understand giving up your classmates and your junior year of HS football. Those will be things that he can never get back. I can see kids moving before their sophomore year to get in the right situation...but really not as juniors or seniors...especially just for football.

Of course, if he doesn't have to sit a year it's quite a bit different and makes a little more sense.

Who are some players that made that kind of move and it was successful? The only ones I can think of probably wish they hadn't.

yeah we had a baseball player leave a vew years ago he hit 5HRs as a sophmore and got mad because he did not beat aSR for the catcher job ...my understanding was this was a daddy decision and not a player decision just like it was for the baseball player sometimes if parents stay out of it and let the players work their way they will get there ...i think gabe would have gotten some playing time by the time it was all over with...and yes the baseball really regretted leaving