4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering if anyone out here has heard of 9 starting sr. quiting the riverdale team this summer ????? someone that is on the team told me that just wondering if there is any truth to that or not......

Let me guess..........they are going to MTCS too? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

no /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> it was said that they just are tired of it over there and wanted out I don't know if it is true or not that is why I ask maybe someone else on here knows and that is why I ask /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

no /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> it was said that they just are tired of it over there and wanted out I don't know if it is true or not that is why I ask maybe someone else on here knows and that is why I ask /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think every player at some time in their career runs their mouth saying how they are tired of things at their school. It is called being a high schooler. I very seriously doubt that 9 starters actually quit. IF they did, they didn't have their heart in it in the first place. There are always ups and there are always downs in the sport of football. It is how you weather the storms that shows what kind of man that you are.

I was just wondering if anyone out here has heard of 9 starting sr. quiting the riverdale team this summer ????? someone that is on the team told me that just wondering if there is any truth to that or not......

I haven't heard about any but it's not unusual to lose a few seniors after spring practice if they see younger players passing them by on the depth chart. The last depth chart I saw in the spring had 6 juniors at the top on offense. The five seniors are all still on board and at least two of those will likely start both ways.

I'm not familiar with the defensive depth chart but you can count on at least three juniors starting on that side that had starts at some time last year as sophs.

So, doing a little quick math, I think we can say that your information is a little off.

As far as "early 4 5A predictions, here is how I see things shaping up. I see the top five being Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Riverdale, and Lebanon. I think Smyrna will be down a bit but not much. Blackman I thought showed signs of turning the corner so to speak but just didnt have the confidence when it mattered. Oakland will be much improved and 'if' they can get a big win over Riverdale in week 0 they will get so momentum going and will be a contender. Riverdale will be down from the normal but I think they have too much depth not to make the playoffs. Lebanon could spoils things for several different teams. Siegel will be down, as will La Vergne and Wilson Central. I dont see anyone in the region going undefeated and I would guess that the region winner be probably even have one region loss. This region is always one of the top regions in the state and this year I think the top four will be very equally matched and will knock each other off. It should be fun to see how it all shakes out.

UhOh.................my "Glade Kitties" got climb out of the hole again. We are the Rodney Dangerfield of Reg 4-5A. I know that you Rutherford Co. powerhouses are tough; better not take the boys from the Glade lightly /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

We might just surprise some folks in 08.

and speaking of the site I just went to it................................................WOW hopefully everyone in the county up the quality of their websites to match Riverdale's

Its good but Blackmans is better (www.blackmanfootball.com)..Wilson centrals is also good..Smyrna has a pretty good one...but Oaklands and Siegels arent very good..while Lebanons..hasnt been updated in a while

Its good but Blackmans is better (www.blackmanfootball.com)..Wilson centrals is also good..Smyrna has a pretty good one...but Oaklands and Siegels arent very good..while Lebanons..hasnt been updated in a while

Blackman does have a good site and have had for a while. The best I've seen in this area is Coffee County. Ravenwood has a good site.

I've got the feeling that Riverdale's is going to be very, very good. It looks super sharp right now but is still a little short on information.