Miss Basketball

Indian Chief

Jodie Browns brother, Greg Dolberry 6'4" 275lb Offensive Tackle also took home All Tri-State and All State awards during his football Career at Grundy in the 80's.

Jodie Brown you get my vote!

Yup he was a monster on the field. Jodie probably got a little of her toughness inside from both of them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DL.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jimbo, you've got to see Chantel Poston. Chantel Poston is above and beyond very good. The most athletic girl I've seen in quite awhile and can do it all. If you don't watch her this year, you can see her on TV next year with the Purdue Boilermakers. She can shoot, dribble, drive, pass, block shots, get steals and everything else you want. I know we (Gibson Co.) were playing them in the District tournaments and one of our players seemed to have a pretty good drive to the basket, low and behold when the shot went up, Poston appeared from nowhere and through the ball against the wall. She didn't only block it she blocked it and through it. She is the best all around player in this area this year and worthy of the Ms. Basketball candidate.

Those are good props from an opponent. That means respect. Thank you for your observations.

Lashay Davis gets respect and maybe a little awe, from other players, but dread from opposing coaches.

No doubt Chantel Poston is one of the, if not the, most talented girls player in the state, any level. When she plays with energy, there is no one who can stop her. Unfortunately, she does not always have that level of energy, but has picked it up the second half of the season, which is why Milan has won 14 straight. She can take Milan straight to the Gold Ball, if she wants to.

We may not see another talent like this for some time.

That's how people in this area feel about Lashay.

Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for Chantel Poston and Crystal Riley. I have family that lives around Memphis and I had heard about these girls long before they were nominated. They are the Lashay Davis??™s of West TN or Lashay is the Poston/Riley??™s of Middle TN however you want to say it. They are all great athletes either way you spill it. It is really saying something for Lashay to be nominated as a Junior for this honor. This came out in the Herald Citizen about her nomination

http://www.herald-citizen.com/index.cfm?ev...72E28071000CE36

These are just a few highlights about her you may not know.

Freshman & Sophomore year.

A starter since her freshman season, Davis was named the H-C's Upper Cumberland Co-Player of the Year and to the All-State team as a sophomore after garnering District 7-AA and Region 4-AA Tournament MVP accolades.

Junior Year

This season, Davis leads the Upper Cumberland in scoring at 19 points a game while averaging 3.4 assists, 2.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals per contest. She has also scored over 1,600 points for her career.

You will notice at the end of the article how much Lashay and McWilliams talks about their team and how it took all of them to get where they are today. That should tell you something about this girls character that you can??™t tell by just looking at her numbers.

Those are good props from an opponent. That means respect. Thank you for your observations.

Lashay Davis gets respect and maybe a little awe, from other players, but dread from opposing coaches.

Most coaches upperman has faced this year will tell you they just do not have an answer for shutting lashay down.

Davis is a good all around player. However, I wasn't to impressed with her last year. I seem to think she was a very selfish player, espically when it came to getting the ball to the big girls. I haven't seen her play that much this year but by the looks of her stats she seems to be passing the ball a little more. Best of luck to her.

Division I

A

Abby Andrews Collinwood High School

Kayla Christopher Oliver Springs High School

Laken Leonard Jackson County High School

AA

LaShay Davis Upperman High School

Chantel Poston Milan High School

Crystal Riley Hillcrest High School

AAA

Michelle Davis Cleveland High School

Nicole Dickson Greeneville High School

Jasmine Hassel Wilson Central High School

Division II

A

Lauren Avant Luasanne Collegiate School

Jodi Brown St Andrew's-Sawanee School

Kristie Nye University School of Nashville

AA

Glory Johnson Webb School of Knoxville

Caitlin House Briarcrest Christian School

Tenisha Townsend Brentwood Academy

Way to go Laken. Everybody is pulling for you. Laken is a great athlete and a fantastic young lady. She is very deserving of this honor.

Davis is a good all around player. However, I wasn't to impressed with her last year. I seem to think she was a very selfish player, espically when it came to getting the ball to the big girls. I haven't seen her play that much this year but by the looks of her stats she seems to be passing the ball a little more. Best of luck to her.

You must have been watching different games from me. I have watched Davis play from start on and have never seen her be a selfish player. Her assists last year were just as high as this year. The way I see it is the person who can score needs to be shooting the ball not always passing it off so she want look like a selfish player. Upperman had a good team last year but also have a good team this year. They definitely do not have any selfish players that I see. They all get along too well this year on and off the floor for that and they like to win as a team. If you read any interviews Davis always thanks her team and that is why she is doing so well. That is definitely not a selfish player!! Good Luck Lashay Davis and all the Lady BEES!!!

EARLIER IN YEAR I SAW OLIVER SPRINGS AND JC PLAY BOTH GIRLS NOMINATED ARE VERY GOOD BUT LEONARD OUTPLAYED CHRISTORHER AND ALTHOUGH SHE HAD TEAM MATES THAT HELPED HER A LOT SHE WAS CLEARLY THE BETTER PLAYER THAT NIGHT. HER NUMBERS MAY NOT BE OVER WHELMING BUT SHE PLAYS ON A TEAM THAT HAS DIFFERANT HIGH SCORES IN MANY OF THEIR GAMES AND SOME TEAMS ONLY HAVE ONE SUPER PLAYER THAT DOES MOST THE SCORING. LEONARD PLAYS DEFENCE, BLOCKS SHOTS, REBOUNDS WELL AND STILL LEADS THIS VERY TALENTED TEAM IN SCORING, SHE'S THE REAL DEAL

As an avid LA fan, I can tell you unbiasedly that Davis is the real deal. Last year was last year. And you didn't see her much then either if that was your perception (selfish). As far as this year, I do hope she wins Miss Basketball for AA. She commands respect from her teammates and foes. Doesn't have to score alot either but most certainly can/will/does light it up on any given night. She can do it all and has since middle school. Good luck to her.