Carter at Stone?

heartofstone3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter team has been an enigma. Look great at times and very poor other times. They have 5-6 very talented players that don't always play as a team. Excellent point guard in G'metrick Caldwell. Good 2 guard in Landry Stanton. Lester Wilson is a 6'4" Freshman who is a stud athlete but is inconsistent at a wing. Joe Meady is a 6'8" post that is very solid defensively has shined at times on the offensive end (when he gets the ball). Hayes and Wells are 2 very good high school post that are average sized compared to Stone's posts. IF they get hot, they can shoot the lights out from 3 with Caldwell, Stanton and Wilson doing the damage. These 3 have not seen a SHOT THEY DON'T LIKE. I question their heart, defensive intensity, and sense of team basketball.

I like Stone in this one for several reasons. They've played tough in all the games I've seen with no quit. Excellent coach and system in place that will force teams to guard them which will definitely play into their hands. Meady will be tough to handle with his size if they will get him the ball. He's much better than Gouldie from AC. For a reference point, I think 4 of these 5 would start for Catholic if they were there. Caldwell would compare favorably with Gasper from Loudon and Rorex from AC, Stanton with Eller from Loudon, Wells and Hayes similar to your posts. Nobody in our district compares to Wilson - think Hawkins from Loudon at 6'4" with basketball skills. As an inconsistent freshman, he can score anywhere between 3 and 30 and neither number would surprise me.

Good luck Panthers!

If Stone's guards play as hard as they have been playing and don't have many costly bad passes, they should be able to handle any of Carter's guards. Stone's posts have played against several "big men" this year and have been successful against most of them. The key to Stone's success is teamwork. When they play like a team, which is most of the time, they are hard to beat. Good luck Panthers! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If Stone's guards play as hard as they have been playing and don't have many costly bad passes, they should be able to handle any of Carter's guards. Stone's posts have played against several "big men" this year and have been successful against most of them. The key to Stone's success is teamwork. When they play like a team, which is most of the time, they are hard to beat. Good luck Panthers! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agree with your premise, but Meady is bigger and better than any post Stone has faced. He's a legit 6'8" or 6'9". He will block and alter shots. Getting him in foul trouble may be one of the keys to a Stone victory. Who has Stone faced like that? He's much bigger than Pryor from AE. Wilson at a wing is more athletic than anyone you've faced except Jones from AE but is a perimeter player that can shoot the 3 unlike Jones.

Agree with your premise, but Meady is bigger and better than any post Stone has faced. He's a legit 6'8" or 6'9". He will block and alter shots. Getting him in foul trouble may be one of the keys to a Stone victory. Who has Stone faced like that? He's much bigger than Pryor from AE. Wilson at a wing is more athletic than anyone you've faced except Jones from AE but is a perimeter player that can shoot the 3 unlike Jones.

Oh I'm not saying that Stone doesn't have their work cut out for them, just that hopefully teamwork and making needed adjusts will be enough to win.

Carter has been a true enigma.Led AE by 19 in 3rd lost,beat AC by 20+ lost to AC by 12,Beat South-Doyle by 40 lost to South Doyle by 10 so on so on.But here is the real deal if Carter comes to play they can be very very good.I know absolutely nothing about Stone but I think Carter wins this by 12.

Tyler Crowder will get Carters big guy in trouble and the wont be able to guard Brad Sherrill

Crowder, Sherrill, and Kiser. We have 3 good, team playing big men. They have one outstanding big man. I like our odds against that. Its hard for 1 big man to dominate 3. And if Brad Sherrill shoots like he has been (with the exception of district championship) stone will be tough to beat. Good luck panthers!!!