IMAC 2008

mwtfan

Did you people see what Cherokee did over this past weekend at the Unicoi Tournament? West rained out this past weekend and I just assumed that everyone else did, but from checking their scores on CoachT, it looks like they lost a pool game 3-0 to Unicoi County on Friday and then proceeded to beat Sullivan South, Unaka, Volunteer, Kingsport DB & Unicoi County (championship game) by a combined score of 41-0. I'd say that was pretty impressive! What say ye Statman? Have you sworn us off here on the board?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you people see what Cherokee did over this past weekend at the Unicoi Tournament. West rained out this past weekend and I just assumed that everyone else did, but from checking their scores on CoachT, it looks like they lost a pool game 3-0 to Unicoi County on Friday and then proceeded to beat Sullivan South, Unaka, Volunteer, Kingsport DB & Unicoi County (championship game) by a combined score of 41-0. I'd say that was pretty impressive! What say ye Statman. Have you sworn us off here on the board?

Not sworn off, just a little superstitious and not wanting to say anything that will break the Chief's momentum.

They played great over the weekend. Bats came alive on Saturday in a big way. Got a couple of first time home run hitters over the weekend. Two from Hughes and one from Barnett. One of Hughes' was a 2 run "back breaker" in the championship game that the centerfielder actually got a glove on over the fence. Ewing also added another to her resume over the weekend. Defense was superb. No hitter against DB. One hitter in the championship. Don't recall seeing more than one or two errors over the last 5 games. Something about the rigors of tournament play that seems to bring out the best in these girls.

Unbelievable how the rain held off for the most part and allowed the tournament to finish. Might have been the only semi-dry few square miles in all of Tennessee over the weekend.

BTW...another first-time home run hitter tonight against Greenville. Gilbert joined the club.

A big game tonight that could go a long way in determining the IMAC Champion for 2008. Morristown East @ Cherokee. No Lance? No Statman? What has the softball world come to? Statman is probably superstitious & just staying away in the wake of Cheorkee's current hot streak, but Lance? This board needs you. Your followers need you. I need you, I'm needing my softball fix badly. We haven't had a lot of games lately & I don't know where to turn.

Cherokee held on for a 4 to 3 win

IMAC teams looked great this weekend at Eastman. Four teams entered in a 30 team field, all four made it to the final 8 on sunday and all finished in the top 7 including M West winning it all.

#1 M. West

#4 JCSH

#5 M. East

#7 Greeneville.

West beat East and JCHS in eliminations or they both finish higher.

I think this goes to show that the IMAC can hold their own in upper East TN.

Congrats M. West on winning it, looked rough for you guys early, but hey thats why you have to play good late!

Congrats East, if not for that tough loss to West in the last inning it may have been you in the winners circle!

Congrats JCHS, what a performance, put up 35 runs to the competitions 4 in pool play! JCHS would have been in championship game if not for losing to comeback artist M West

Congrats Greeneville, put 31 runs on the competition in pool play until they ran into Unicoi going 3-1 in pool play and then beating Science Hill in eliminations to move on and capture 7th. Awesome!

If Cocke County and Cherokee would have entered this tourney might have been all six teams in the final 8! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Any word on the extent of Jeff County 3rd baseman Kayla Johnson's injury? Heard it could be ACL, but I sure hope not.

Also, is East's Hannah Blanken okay? Heard she may have gotten hurt during their last game at Eastman.

Best wishes to both of them - hope they're back on the field very soon.

Any word on the extent of Jeff County 3rd baseman Kayla Johnson's injury? Heard it could be ACL, but I sure hope not.

Also, is East's Hannah Blanken okay? Heard she may have gotten hurt during their last game at Eastman.

Let's go Outback tonight.

Steaks medium well.

Trojans past well done right to burned (lol)

Big win for the Morristown East girls tonight. After giving up a late big lead to Morristown West in the Eastman tournament over the weekend, it would have been easy for them to be down going to the west side of town tonight.

Sounds like they came in fired up and opened this conference race back up a little bit.

Congrats Lady Canes!

Hadn't heard that Blanken was hurt. I hope not, great kid great athlete. I heard Kayla Johnson was having MRI Tuesday and won't know until later this week, but Dr. said he thought it was torn ACL. Cosmo's ankle is not broken as the trainer thought in Kingsport, severely sprained ankle. I guarantee if she has anything to do with it she won't be out long. Congrats East, big win!

Hadn't heard that Blanken was hurt. I hope not, great kid great athlete. I heard Kayla Johnson was having MRI Tuesday and won't know until later this week, but Dr. said he thought it was torn ACL. Cosmo's ankle is not broken as the trainer thought in Kingsport, severely sprained ankle. I guarantee if she has anything to do with it she won't be out long. Congrats East, big win!

Blanken's fine - she played tonight.