IMAC 2008

mwtfan

Greeneville at Morristown East

The Lady Devils travel to Morristown to play the red hot Lady Hurricanes of Morristown East. East comes off a 17 hit ??“ 13 run outing against a quality Elizabethton team. Bats heating up and pitching settling in - The IBUS has awakened for tournament run. Good year Lady Devils, but too much heat today ??“ Lance??™s Loser: Greeneville.

Cherokee at Morristown West

IMAC game of the day ??“ game of the week ??“ heck, game of the year

Morristown West hosts the Lady Chiefs today in another IMAC end of season epic battle. Will Trojans hang on to #1 seed or is it another 3-way finish that has become the conference norm?

Morristown West has demonstrated some vulnerability as of late, losing 3 of their last 4. These are losses to quality opponents, but at a time that the Lady Trojans have been less than healthy. Lady Trojans still trying to get back on their feet after expending much energy during Eastman victory run two weeks ago. The Lady Chiefs come in fresh from a nice win over a very good Rutledge team finding a way to score 3 runs off tough pitching which is about all Gilbert needs to slam the door. I still like the Trojans in this one. It seems to have been forever since Cherokee has managed a win vs. the Trojans, and the Trojans can certainly claim to have the Chiefs number; HOWEVER, the only number that has meaning today is the team that has the highest run total. It is not the time to be sputtering, and the Lady Trojans suddenly don??™t seem to have the swagger that inflicts fear in the heart of their opponent. Lance??™s Loser: Morristown West

STATMAN ??“ Medium rare ??“ come on now. Then again, I guess you will take some Trojan blood anyway you can get it

MWTFAN ??“ put me down for Medium well and maybe a slice of grilled pineapple on the side.

Yes the Lady Trojans do have a long streak going against the Lady Chiefs - a whopping 1 in a row - but I guess 1 wouldn't make a row though. I remember very well the last time Cherokee beat West - try last years District finals. I'm hoping everyone is back tonight along with the swagger - wouldn't rule them out just yet. Not sure how accomodating they'll be tonight in the Best Darn Concession Stand in the Land - steaks may be tough as whet leather. After all, like you said - important district seeding is on the line. Bring a chair, we may play two.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot all about last years' District game. Then again Lance can only see into the future.

Thanks for another great race IMAC. The big question is can we send someone to Spring Fling. Long way to go before then though.

Put me down for Baked Potato and Ranch Dressing too.

Greeneville at Morristown East

The Lady Devils travel to Morristown to play the red hot Lady Hurricanes of Morristown East. East comes off a 17 hit ??“ 13 run outing against a quality Elizabethton team. Bats heating up and pitching settling in - The IBUS has awakened for tournament run. Good year Lady Devils, but too much heat today ??“ Lance??™s Loser: Greeneville.

Cherokee at Morristown West

IMAC game of the day ??“ game of the week ??“ heck, game of the year

Morristown West hosts the Lady Chiefs today in another IMAC end of season epic battle. Will Trojans hang on to #1 seed or is it another 3-way finish that has become the conference norm?

Morristown West has demonstrated some vulnerability as of late, losing 3 of their last 4. These are losses to quality opponents, but at a time that the Lady Trojans have been less than healthy. Lady Trojans still trying to get back on their feet after expending much energy during Eastman victory run two weeks ago. The Lady Chiefs come in fresh from a nice win over a very good Rutledge team finding a way to score 3 runs off tough pitching which is about all Gilbert needs to slam the door. I still like the Trojans in this one. It seems to have been forever since Cherokee has managed a win vs. the Trojans, and the Trojans can certainly claim to have the Chiefs number; HOWEVER, the only number that has meaning today is the team that has the highest run total. It is not the time to be sputtering, and the Lady Trojans suddenly don??™t seem to have the swagger that inflicts fear in the heart of their opponent. Lance??™s Loser: Morristown West

STATMAN ??“ Medium rare ??“ come on now. Then again, I guess you will take some Trojan blood anyway you can get it

MWTFAN ??“ put me down for Medium well and maybe a slice of grilled pineapple on the side.

Very impressive Lance!

Don't think I will tune in for your tournament predictions, though. Don't want to take the suspense and excitement from actually watching the games.

Big win for the Lady Chiefs. It's a shame either of those two pitchers had to lose. After a blown call by the ump at the plate (sorry, but that was an inning-ending, rally-killing, momentum-changing double play) allowed the second run, Caple went on to retire 14 batters in a row to end the game. She pitched an outstanding game. Gilbert was her usual dominating self as well except for a few problems in the second(?) that West couldn't capitalize on enough. The series between these two schools has really turned into a great one and it may be corny, but the team with the fewest mistakes wins. Of course, that could be said about nearly every game between what has been the 'big four' of the IMAC for the last few years. What a tough conference - what a season - headed for another coin toss? I know, I know - there's still unfinished business before we get to that point.

I'm not blaming the loss on the ump's call. There shouldn't have even been a call. West made it's own bed there - allowing her the delayed steal to third & also if they go on & get the out at first on the previous batter (runner was retreating), the grounder to short is just that - a harmless grounder to short.

You called it Lance! The tournament should be fun. I believe this will indeed be a year that we get a District 2 team to the Spring Fling, but I'm not sure which one yet. To be continued....

Big win for the Lady Chiefs. It's a shame either of those two pitchers had to lose. After a blown call by the ump at the plate (sorry, but that was an inning-ending, rally-killing, momentum-changing double play) allowed the second run, Caple went on to retire 14 batters in a row to end the game. She pitched an outstanding game. Gilbert was her usual dominating self as well except for a few problems in the second(?) that West couldn't capitalize on enough. The series between these two schools has really turned into a great one and it may be corny, but the team with the fewest mistakes wins. Of course, that could be said about nearly every game between what has been the 'big four' of the IMAC for the last few years. What a tough conference - what a season - headed for another coin toss? I know, I know - there's still unfinished business before we get to that point.

I'm not blaming the loss on the ump's call. There shouldn't have even been a call. West made it's own bed there - allowing her the delayed steal to third & also if they go on & get the out at first on the previous batter (runner was retreating), the gounder to short is just that - a harmless grounder to short.

You called it Lance! The tournament should be fun. I believe this will indeed be a year that we get a District 2 team to the Spring Fling, but I'm not sure which one yet. To be continued....

Mwtfan,

It was truly a great game. All games between the chiefs and the other "big three" have been 1 run games so far...either for or against.

I must say the play at home was close and I didn't see it very well as I went to the outfield to cool off over seeing what I thought were extended plate appearances turn into base hits. I had to ask about the play at home when I came back and got varied opinions.

I did, however, hear from some folks who saw the sequence of photos taken by the tribune reporter that apparently validated the umpire's call. Matter of fact, word was he wasn't allowed to run the photos with his article.

Either way, we all know this one wasn't the most important one and the tournament for the third year in a row is going to be a dog fight.

btw....Lady Chiefs almost let Sullivan South sneak away with one tonight. Solo HR by Price in the 4th gave them a 1 to 0 win. Girls were a little flat to say the least coming off of the big game last night. Not going to beat them up too much though...that was the 10th road game on 7 consecutive days (where they have outscored opponents 73 to 1) and they've got another big one at home tomorrow night with JC. I think the ladies need a little break.

Good luck to all and hang in there lady chiefs.

Mwtfan,

It was truly a great game. All games between the chiefs and the other "big three" have been 1 run games so far...either for or against.

I must say the play at home was close and I didn't see it very well as I went to the outfield to cool off over seeing what I thought were extended plate appearances turn into base hits. I had to ask about the play at home when I came back and got varied opinions.

I did, however, hear from some folks who saw the sequence of photos taken by the tribune reporter that apparently validated the umpire's call. Matter of fact, word was he wasn't allowed to run the photos with his article.

Either way, we all know this one wasn't the most important one and the tournament for the third year in a row is going to be a dog fight.

btw....Lady Chiefs almost let Sullivan South sneak away with one tonight. Solo HR by Price in the 4th gave them a 1 to 0 win. Girls were a little flat to say the least coming off of the big game last night. Not going to beat them up too much though...that was the 10th road game on 7 consecutive days (where they have outscored opponents 73 to 1) and they've got another big one at home tomorrow night with JC. I think the ladies need a little break.

Good luck to all and hang in there lady chiefs.

Doesn't make sense to me that a photographer's photos that truly validated an ump's call would be 'banned'. It seems that would be all the more reason to publish them. I've seen a video that I believe would dispute that. But I really don't want to get into that, it sounds too much like sour grapes and that's not the case at all. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Lady Chiefs big win. They won that ball game by out-playing West. 'nuff said.

Just for the sake of argument (or maybe just being argumentative) - the next-to-last batter of the game was called out on a pitch that was well inside.

"Greeneville will be Greeneville" - They may surprise you this year. Their new coach, Bill Muhlhahn is used to winning. (former GMS basketball coach - winningest record around!) Coach Muhlhahn has successfully coached softball in the rec league here and is very familiar with many of the girls on the team. They had a good showing at Winged Deer this week-end but are playing without a very talented few girls who are just a little busy with a little thing called the State Basketball Tournment in Murfreesboro this week. Shipley, Kelley, Renner and Story will be a huge asset to the team when they get their Softball gear on. GHS may indeed be the sleeper team this year.

Well, it's been a long season for my lady devils but I just want to congratulate them on an improved season. Even though they didn't win a conference game, their level of play was so much better. I think after finishing in the top 10 (7th out of 32 teams, I think?) in the Eastman tournament, many GHS players and fans realized what a tough conference the IMAC is. The Eastman tournament also was pivotal to the last part of our season in a negative way. Almost all those I mentioned in my original post were injured that weekend...I think I jinxed them! Shipley (P and 2B) fractured and severely sprained an ankle. Kelley (3B) dislocated a knuckle and sprained a finger. Renner (SS) tore something in her shoulder. By the end of the regular season, we were playing without 6 starters due to injuries and every one of them were great hitters. But, they persevered and many that weren't getting as much playing time were allowed to step up and fill positons gaining valuable experience for next year. We are such a young team (5 sophmores started before the injuries) with a huge amount of potential. Even though we may have seemed like the same ole Greeneville and it was a difficult season for the seniors, I am excited about the possibilites for the future. To all the IMAC teams, it is an honor to be a fan that gets to watch players of your caliber...such great competition! Good luck and GOOD HEALTH (especially GHS, lol) to all in the tournament!

Well, it's been a long season for my lady devils but I just want to congratulate them on an improved season. Even though they didn't win a conference game, their level of play was so much better. I think after finishing in the top 10 (7th out of 32 teams, I think?) in the Eastman tournament, many GHS players and fans realized what a tough conference the IMAC is. The Eastman tournament also was pivotal to the last part of our season in a negative way. Almost all those I mentioned in my original post were injured that weekend...I think I jinxed them! Shipley (P and 2B) fractured and severely sprained an ankle. Kelley (3B) dislocated a knuckle and sprained a finger. Renner (SS) tore something in her shoulder. By the end of the regular season, we were playing without 6 starters due to injuries and every one of them were great hitters. But, they persevered and many that weren't getting as much playing time were allowed to step up and fill positons gaining valuable experience for next year. We are such a young team (5 sophmores started before the injuries) with a huge amount of potential. Even though we may have seemed like the same ole Greeneville and it was a difficult season for the seniors, I am excited about the possibilites for the future. To all the IMAC teams, it is an honor to be a fan that gets to watch players of your caliber...such great competition! Good luck and GOOD HEALTH (especially GHS, lol) to all in the tournament!

Lady Devils had a rough year indeed. Injuries plagued you guys this year and you definately are correct in your comments about the Eastman tournament. Four teams finishing in the top seven out of 30 shows the power of this conferance. No disrespect, but a team that did not win a game in this conferance won several games (including Science Hill who is considered one of the best in upper East Tennessee) and finished seventh in that tourney. Your ladies and Cocke county have improved so much this season and with the return of your sophmores health next year you guys will back in the hunt Cocke county what a turn around in one season. The addition of the two freshman and sense of a real opportunity to compete made the difference. Congrats to all the first round winners in the IMAC, should be some great games Monday. JCHS and West at 5 and Cherokee and East at 6:30, wouldn't want to miss these games. Good luck to all exspecially my PATS!!!!!!!

You are correct ghsbballfan. Good year for Lady Devils.